macky patalinghug Senior Member • Posts: 1,223
6D @ a theater rehearsal

I was on the front row w/ 85mm f/1.8.

-- hide signature --

slowshotmax

macky patalinghug's gear list:macky patalinghug's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon D5300 Canon EF 35mm F2.0 +4 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
MarkNicholas Senior Member • Posts: 1,502
Re: 6D @ a theater rehearsal

I suggest that you bump up the ISO and so reduce the shutter speed to eliminate motion blur.

MarkNicholas's gear list:MarkNicholas's gear list
Kodak DC4800 Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +4 more
ASR45
ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 36,777

Looks dramatic

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
- Peter Adams

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Nikon D750 Pentax KP Canon 6D Mark II Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +11 more
Spad16
Spad16 Senior Member • Posts: 1,191

I'm not sure about that, I rather like the blur.
/Neil

Spad16's gear list:Spad16's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +2 more
OP macky patalinghug Senior Member • Posts: 1,223

MarkNicholas wrote:

I suggest that you bump up the ISO and so reduce the shutter speed to eliminate motion blur.

Thanks for the suggestion but I do like how the blur convey motion. I like it when only one or two are in focus as it gives a certain sense of dynamism to the frame. This is just me of course. I have friends who want to have everything sharp sort of like stopping motion.

-- hide signature --

slowshotmax

OP macky patalinghug Senior Member • Posts: 1,223

Of course if I were covering basketball or tennis I would try to freeze the action. Though I might experiment in biking and track.

-- hide signature --

slowshotmax

stratobill Senior Member • Posts: 2,023

They look good. I have done a lot of show photography, but it's for publicity- and that blur would never fly there, though it looks artful here.

Plus they like to use theatre lighting, so I normally shoot at ISO 200-3200. And that's even with the actors holding their poses.

stratobill's gear list:stratobill's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
MarkNicholas Senior Member • Posts: 1,502

macky patalinghug wrote:

MarkNicholas wrote:

I suggest that you bump up the ISO and so reduce the shutter speed to eliminate motion blur.

Thanks for the suggestion but I do like how the blur convey motion. I like it when only one or two are in focus as it gives a certain sense of dynamism to the frame. This is just me of course. I have friends who want to have everything sharp sort of like stopping motion.

I know what you mean but I would prefer to sharply capture those intense facial expressions. I guess its just a question of personal preference.

MarkNicholas's gear list:MarkNicholas's gear list
Kodak DC4800 Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads