PowerShot SX700 or Nikon L830

Started Aug 12, 2014 | Discussions
Chikoo
Chikoo Senior Member • Posts: 1,630
PowerShot SX700 or Nikon L830
PowerShot SX700 Samsung L830
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mgd43 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,322
Re: PowerShot SX700 or Nikon L830

I wouldn't recommend a camera without a viewfinder, so I wouldn't recommend either one. There are many good bridge cameras with an EVF (electronic viewfinder). Some that I would recommend include the Nikon P600 and P530 (or P520 not sure), Canon SX50, Panasonic FZ200, and FZ70, and the Fujifilm SR-1 and HS50 EXR. Fuji also makes lower priced bridge cameras, but I don't remember their designations. You can check all of these cameras out on B&H's website.

The one that would most recommend is the FZ200, but it is more expensive than the others. Next would be the FZ70 and HS50 EXR. The lower priced Fujis are good values.

mgd43's gear list:mgd43's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D5500 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Chikoo
OP Chikoo Senior Member • Posts: 1,630

mgd43 wrote:

I wouldn't recommend a camera without a viewfinder, so I wouldn't recommend either one. There are many good bridge cameras with an EVF (electronic viewfinder). Some that I would recommend include the Nikon P600 and P530 (or P520 not sure), Canon SX50, Panasonic FZ200, and FZ70, and the Fujifilm SR-1 and HS50 EXR. Fuji also makes lower priced bridge cameras, but I don't remember their designations. You can check all of these cameras out on B&H's website.

The one that would most recommend is the FZ200, but it is more expensive than the others. Next would be the FZ70 and HS50 EXR. The lower priced Fujis are good values.

Thanks but pocketable is important, and I ended up ordering the Sony Cyber-shot HX50V. If these sample images are any indication, I will be happy as a lark.

• 30x optical zoom plus 60x Clear Image Digital Zoom
  • Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization
  • 20.4 Megapixel Back-illuminated Exmor® R CMOS Image Sensor
  • Full HD 1080/60p
  • Full manual & dedicated EV control dial allow more creativity
  • Capture the decisive moment with up to 10fps
  • Multi interface shoe attaches flash, light, and mic

Chikoo
Sony Cyber-shot HX50V - Moon Shot

Impressive..found it on flickr

Chikoo
Re: Sony Cyber-shot HX50V more samples

and couple more. I am ecstatic now

rustry
rustry Senior Member • Posts: 1,058

good dust / moisture proofing depending where you are going- especially the zoom lens

a girl friend i had once was on the beach and got a grain of sand between the two moving parts of the lens and jammed it- ended up no holiday pics

rusty

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads