NEX 6 with Samyang/Rokinon 12mm F2.0 at the London Olympic Park

Started Jul 31, 2014 | Discussions
vincedpr Regular Member • Posts: 271
NEX 6 with Samyang/Rokinon 12mm F2.0 at the London Olympic Park

As it was a hot day last Saturday i went over the London Olympic Park, which is now open to the public. Having the 8mm Samyang lens, I've recently bought the 12mm one as the fisheye effect isn't to everyone's taste all the time. Here's a random selection of some shots I took...from quite close to people to long distance shots....the lens performed pretty well to my eyes.

Due to the wide angle nature, to get the pictures of the kids playing in the fountains, I had to wade in amongst the water getting soaked and used my body to shield the camera and lens until i took a picture each time the fountains started pumping water up. I was pleased catching the water 'balls' in the air as after a constant fountain the water would pump these spurts up a few times before starting again, and it lasted just a few seconds.

Anyway, hope they're of use to someone if they're thinking about getting this lens. If you can live with the manual nature of focusing etc. Its a great performer I think.

Mirror sculpture by the copperbox arena

Longshot of the stadium (soon to be home to West Ham United Football/soccer club) and the ArcelorMittal Orbit tower

The London Aquatics centre

Cooling down in the water fountains

Another lonshot across the canal of the staduim and ArcelorMittal Orbit tower.

More water fountain fun

....and again!!

thamer08
thamer08 Regular Member • Posts: 401
Re: NEX 6 with Samyang/Rokinon 12mm F2.0 at the London Olympic Park

Great and very sharp pics

can you tell us the aperture  number  you used  because its not shown on the exif

thamer08's gear list:thamer08's gear list
Canon G7 X II Canon EOS M Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Sony a6000 Canon EOS M3 +10 more
OP vincedpr Regular Member • Posts: 271
Re: NEX 6 with Samyang/Rokinon 12mm F2.0 at the London Olympic Park

I can't remember offhand, though all were down the 'lower end' of the aperture range, so 2.8, 4.0 or 5.6...I think I tried at f2.0 but up close the DoF was a bit too shallow to get the water balls in focus, so I stopped down a bit...nothing was beyond F5.8 I think.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads