K-5 Firmware Versions Anomaly!

Started Jul 27, 2014 | Discussions
Calico Jack Senior Member • Posts: 2,306
K-5 Firmware Versions Anomaly!

Ahoy!

I was doing a quick search for the latest firmware version (2014) for the K-5 and on the Japanese website it shows as v1.16 and on the UK website as v1.15.

Now, my simpleton brain says if it's v1.16, then it should be the same on all websites, therefore, can anyone advise why there is an anomaly between downloadable firmware versions?  I was looking for English/Windows version.  I downloaded v1.16 from the Japanese website.  I just find it odd that it's not the same version on the UK website.  Maybe owners of the K-5 from other countries might want to check with their national Pentax website and see if it's the same for them.

-- hide signature --

Mark (aka Pirate!)

Calico Jack's gear list:Calico Jack's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +26 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
PhotoHawk Contributing Member • Posts: 832
Re: K-5 Firmware Versions Anomaly!

I have found that they post on the Japanese site first.  Then everyone else updates their regional sites.  1.16 has been out for awhile though - at least since early March.

OP Calico Jack Senior Member • Posts: 2,306

PhotoHawk wrote:

I have found that they post on the Japanese site first. Then everyone else updates their regional sites. 1.16 has been out for awhile though - at least since early March.

Ahoy!

Thx.  The Japanese website does provide a release date and update history, but as we're now in late July, you'd think there has been sufficient time for the relevant regional webmasters to have updated their websites by now (I've waited longer for an urgent outpatients appointment), but you have to admit, it's a bit slack after around 4+ months.

-- hide signature --

Mark (aka Pirate!)

Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +26 more
Cote Forum Member • Posts: 58

Seems I remember 1.16 corrected an error in the download of 1.15?

Cote's gear list:Cote's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Pentax K100D Pentax K20D Canon EOS 1100D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 +13 more

Cote wrote:

Seems I remember 1.16 corrected an error in the download of 1.15?

I downloaded and installed firmware v1.16 from the main Japanese website.  It has the changelog history, so you can read what improvments it's adding or correcting (seems there have been several lens compatibility corrections apart from a number of camera tweaks).  As it happens, mine was v1.13, so quite old firmware.

-- hide signature --

Mark (aka Pirate!)

Tan68
Tan68 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,776

Apparently, every version of firmware other than 1.01 can be updated.

"...Updatable models
K-5 digital SLR cameras running Firmware Ver. 1.00/1.02/1.03/1.10/1.11
/1.12/1.13/1.14/1.15"

They exclude v1.01 in two different paragraphs of the bundled readme.txt file.  Odd, I think, for a revision to not be included..?

Anyone have the version 1.03 on hand ?

Or know how to find it ?

Tan68's gear list:Tan68's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro +1 more

Tan68 wrote:

Apparently, every version of firmware other than 1.01 can be updated.

"...Updatable models
K-5 digital SLR cameras running Firmware Ver. 1.00/1.02/1.03/1.10/1.11
/1.12/1.13/1.14/1.15"

They exclude v1.01 in two different paragraphs of the bundled readme.txt file. Odd, I think, for a revision to not be included..?

Anyone have the version 1.03 on hand ?

Or know how to find it ?

K-5 firmware v1.16 is on the Japanese website (which is why the thread was started).  I suspect none of the Pentax sites will have any other versions as a separate download, though you could start a firmware version wanted thread as someone may have it on their laptop and could email it to you.  Otherwise do a Google search for Pentax K-5 firmware v1.03.

-- hide signature --

Mark (aka Pirate!)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads