>>> Street Photography eXchange #110 <<<

Started Jul 27, 2014 | Discussions
TroiD
TroiD Contributing Member • Posts: 821
Re: television

Just wondering... was it handheld, and what were the exposure settings?

David

TroiD's gear list:TroiD's gear list
Canon G1 X II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
DonnCath Regular Member • Posts: 209
Re: television

TroiD wrote:

Just wondering... was it handheld, and what were the exposure settings?

David

Yup, handheld. F/1.8, 1/15, ISO 800. 17 mm lens on M43 camera.

Ken Christie Senior Member • Posts: 1,278
Re: Crossing

They look as if they've just walked out of a film shoot somewhere. The guy on the right who has spotted you makes it really incongruous. I'd sorta like to see the colour on the dress, but I also think that might spoil the whole image

-- hide signature --

KenC

Ken Christie Senior Member • Posts: 1,278
Re: The Big Tasty

Spot on. It's been a regular meeting point for teenagers for years.

-- hide signature --

KenC

jacwashere
jacwashere Senior Member • Posts: 1,325
Thirsty
jacwashere
pet
OP xtoph Veteran Member • Posts: 9,871
Re: pet

funny--

i love the arm coming in from the right, and the spotted pet too.

Re: Thirsty

again, i like the arm coming into frame, and i like the dog and the man in the far bg.

the intersection of the scooter handle with the guy's face, though, dampens my enthusiasm for an otherwise really interesting, creative composition. it's so close to working ...

Re: five

this is really expressive. and the solo guy adds a spark of humor, well done.

Re: night kisses

the color coordinated fingernails are lovely. i like the people in the bg a lot (well, maybe not the guy in the middle bg looking towards you, so much, but the others).

Re: Ten:Ten

i like the graphic qualities, but i would probably simply crop out the words (tag/etc).

when graphic symmetry is the main attraction, the more perfect the placement, the better...

reprise from spx 109

the previous thread filled up a bit faster than i anticipated, so i wanted to answer a few questions from there, here. [i'm on the road with limited internet access and time, unfortunately, even for photography--i lost my shooting callouses last week. sad, should have snapped a phone photo of my peeling index finger and thumb…]

regarding 'no left turn', to answer the what-why questions, the photo was from may day protests in seattle earlier this year. there was a lot that went on that day, most of it with no relation to this scene, but as has become traditional, the protests ended up converging towards the cap hill precinct police station in the late evening, and people started a bonfire which lasted about an hour or so, before riot police moved in and fire put it out. (actually this happened twice; they restarted it after the first extinguishing.)

the previously posted photo has been heavily color corrected already; lighting there was narrow-spectrum sodium, so i was surprised to get the color this good. my default representation for that sort of scene is a more realistic processing that shows the yellow/gold color of the light plainly, as below:

anyone who really wants to can peruse a much longer set from the whole mayday here .

hope that is interesting/satisfying as an answer. i appreciate all the comments.

Sal18 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,293
Wonderful! Joyous! nt

no text

Re: Crossing

Everything about this pleases and delights.

Sal

Re: five

What a great catch, and perfect title.

Sal

jacwashere
Foggy
jacwashere
Selfie accessory
TroiD
Gypsy Cow

David

Canon G1 X II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
TroiD
Re: Ten:Ten

xtoph wrote:

i like the graphic qualities, but i would probably simply crop out the words (tag/etc).

when graphic symmetry is the main attraction, the more perfect the placement, the better...

I agree it's stronger with the words cropped out. But for some reason I like to keep her feet. This wasn't as dynamic a scene as I was hoping for. I spent 20 minutes standing in front of that shop. I really wanted to catch somebody checking their own watch as they walked by. I wasn't lucky...

David

solveproblems Contributing Member • Posts: 877
urban portrait

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads