5D3 to Hawaii....what accessories would you bring?

Started Jul 23, 2014 | Discussions
Mile2424 Forum Member • Posts: 68
5D3 to Hawaii....what accessories would you bring?

UV filter?

Polarizing filter?

Tripod?

What else am I forgetting. Will probably bring my 24-105mm, and maybe the 50mm 1.2.

Primarily would be shooting portraits and some landscapes.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
bhollis
bhollis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,731
Re: 5D3 to Hawaii....what accessories would you bring?

Mile2424 wrote:

UV filter?

Not necessary from a photographic perspective, but some folks use them for protection--e.g., from sea spray.

Polarizing filter?

Yup.

Tripod?

Depends on what you want to shoot. I haven't used one much on my Hawaii trips, but if you have the room, you might take it a long. Could come in handy for slow shutter speed shots--e.g., waterfalls, beach scenes at sunset, etc.

What else am I forgetting. Will probably bring my 24-105mm, and maybe the 50mm 1.2.

In addition to a general-purpose zoom and low-light lens, I always take a long lens (my 100-400L) to photograph surfers. Can also come in handy for birds, whale watching and distant landscapes.

Primarily would be shooting portraits and some landscapes.

bhollis's gear list:bhollis's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Sony RX1R Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon Z7 Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM +5 more
f8f8f8 Regular Member • Posts: 132
Re: 5D3 to Hawaii....what accessories would you bring?

A flash for fill-flash portraits.

f8f8f8's gear list:f8f8f8's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads