Tree Frog with Vivitar 100mm/3.5 Macro (1 pic)

Started Jul 22, 2014 | Discussions
leopold Forum Pro • Posts: 14,083
Tree Frog with Vivitar 100mm/3.5 Macro (1 pic)

Hi everybody,

hope you're all doing well here in the Pentax Forum !

I just wanted to share the following shot that i took this morning at the Day camp of my older girl. This Gray Tree Frog was in a tree just besides where i drop her and sign in the morning.

It's an adult Frog, i wanted to share it because it was taken with my K-mount Vivitar 100mm/3.5 Macro lens on my X-E1, so some might be interested in seeing how good is that little lens. Sure it's not as good as the DFA 100mm Macro WR but a very good Macro lens for the price.

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon Df Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jim Beverlin Veteran Member • Posts: 4,550
Re: Tree Frog with Vivitar 100mm/3.5 Macro (1 pic)

Nice shot  Steeve.  Good to see you back on the forum.

-- hide signature --

JRB

EHDesigns
EHDesigns Contributing Member • Posts: 802

Very good actually! Great focus on the eyes.

EHDesigns's gear list:EHDesigns's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM +12 more
OP leopold Forum Pro • Posts: 14,083
Jim

Jim Beverlin wrote:

Nice shot  Steeve.  Good to see you back on the forum.

Hi Jim,

glad to hear from you too, i will try to be more present now.

Thank you.

Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
solarider Veteran Member • Posts: 4,699

I wouldn't be surprised if the frog called you over for the shot... Steeve! Steeve! I'm over hereĀ 

-- hide signature --

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

Arijit Banerjee
Arijit Banerjee Senior Member • Posts: 2,566

One fine frog. One fine lens. One fine pair of steady hands co-ordinated with the eyes!

-- hide signature --

Arijit

Arijit Banerjee's gear list:Arijit Banerjee's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
EHDesigns

EHDesigns wrote:

Very good actually! Great focus on the eyes.

Hi,

the focus Peaking is very helpful, works like my K-01.

Thank you.

solarider

solarider wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the frog called you over for the shot... Steeve! Steeve! I'm over hereĀ 

LOL !

I'm starting to be good with Frog language

Arijit

Arijit Banerjee wrote:

One fine frog. One fine lens. One fine pair of steady hands co-ordinated with the eyes!

Hi,

it was taken on a tripod but i could probably have handhold it by boosting the ISO.

Thank you.

dick eduard
dick eduard Senior Member • Posts: 1,333
Hi Leopold

It looks like the frog can think or he is trying to hypnothise you. I like the expression

cheers

Dick

Dick

dick eduard wrote:

It looks like the frog can think or he is trying to hypnothise you. I like the expression

cheers

Dick

Hi,

you're right, looks like that

flektogon
flektogon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,029

Yes, the picture/composition and the frog are nice. However I have a feeling that the colours of your Pentax pictures were better, less "digital". But again it's just my feeling.

Peter

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads