WHAT CAMERA BAG DO YOU USE

Started Jul 22, 2014 | Discussions
Araldite Contributing Member • Posts: 604
WHAT CAMERA BAG DO YOU USE

I have a E-M1 with 12-40 with hood atatched, E-M5 with pannyleica 25.1.4 with hood atatched, oly 40-150 and flash, trying to find carry bag

Araldite's gear list:Araldite's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 33,567
Re: WHAT CAMERA BAG DO YOU USE

Hadley Pro, mainly.   I manage to fit two bodies with lens mounted and 2-3 additional lenses if necessary (plus accessories in pockets).

I liked the ThinkTank Retrospective 7 as well, similar dimensions, but I went to the Hadley because it's better structured (doesn't tend to collapse in on itself) and doesn't require a rain cover in a downpour (rain cover makes shooting in the rain more kludgy  than it needs to be).

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony Alpha a7R II Fujifilm X-T2 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +11 more
String
String Senior Member • Posts: 1,872

ThinkTank Retro 5 for a shoulder bag (also have a UD50 from my DSLR days that holds everything I own) or a Lowepro Flipside 20 for a backpack.

String's gear list:String's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +4 more
Gregm61 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,049

Think Tank Citywalker 10. Best shoulder bag I've ever used. Easy access to everything without having to rip any velcro-related compartment flaps and I can make it as easy or hard to get into as I need, depending on how secure I'm feeling in my environment at the time. Great areas to easily get at little things, like filters or caps if I'm changes lenses, etc and plenty of room to securely hold things I don't want flopping around in my pockets when I'm out shooting, like keys, wallet, etc.

For a smaller outfit, the Think Tank Retrospective 5 is just as nice, but it'd be too small to hold the outfit you described. The CityWalker 10 would though.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Leica M9 Olympus E-M1 Leica M (Typ 262) Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +27 more
gugarci Senior Member • Posts: 1,559

I used an LowePro Event Messenger 100, but that's too small for your camera. I can carry either one body with lens attached, GX7-E-P3, and a couple of primes and my 40-150 zoom. Perfect for day trips. I like to travel light.

gugarci's gear list:gugarci's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony a6000 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A +3 more
xerophytenyc Regular Member • Posts: 428

Tenba Shootout 24L when I'm on an excursion. Comfortable, not big, rugged, close to waterproof.

Capture Clip on a Thinktank belt for the camera. Various smaller bags attached to the belt depending on how many additional lenses I'm taking along. The Hubba Hubba Hiney from thinktank easily holds 3 lenses plus accessories.

xerophytenyc's gear list:xerophytenyc's gear list
Sony RX100 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus Tough TG-2 +6 more
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 11,948

I use the Lowepro Event Messenger 150. That will carry your combo fine. I usually carry an E-M1, 75, 12-40, 75-300, 60mm macro, Fl300R and some bits and pieces in mine.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +8 more
jeffharris
jeffharris Veteran Member • Posts: 8,077

Araldite wrote:

I have a E-M1 with 12-40 with hood atatched, E-M5 with pannyleica 25.1.4 with hood atatched, oly 40-150 and flash, trying to find carry bag

I've collected a variety of backpacks, lumbar packs and sling packs over time, so I've opted to use dedicated cases for my lenses to stuff and carry just the ones I want to use for the day or project. It's probably not the cheapest or most efficient method, but it's super flexible and works really well. For travel it's great because I can sprinkle lenses I won't be using (and don't feel like lugging around) in my travel pack and leave them in the hotel.

My current fave bags are a Mountainsmith Classic Tour lumbar pack, mostly carried sling style. Second is a 5.11 Tactical Rush MOAB 10 sling pack. This thing is great. A zillion pockets, room for a Platypus 2 litre hydration system, 6 lenses or more, filters, iPad Air, iPhone, raingear, monopod. I can even lash my tripod to the outside. It's military-style so it does scream photo gear, which is great when wandering dodgy sections of far-flung cities and towns.

For lenses, my favorite lens case/pouch is a small Mountainsmith Zoom bag that holds two lenses (I have three of these). It holds the big Voigtländer 17.5mm and 42.5mm, 7-14mm or a 45-150mm. I can even put one of my cameras, like the GH2 and 20mm in one. For other lenses, I have a variety of different sized lenses cases from LowePro, Mountainsmaith, Pearstone and Tamrac.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +28 more
Mike_PEAT Forum Pro • Posts: 12,915
I use my every day backpack...

I use the same backpack I use every day...it can hold books, papers, laptop, camera, flash, lens(es), whatever I want to carry with me that day.

I just keep the camera etc. in separate cases.

Brian Wadie
Brian Wadie Veteran Member • Posts: 8,307

Lowepro Nova 180, about 8 years old, into which fits the EM-1 + grip with 75-300 or 12-40 attached. If its the 12-40 the 50-200mk1 fits in one side pocket and the 60mm macro + 9-18 + kit flash fit in the side pockets on the other side.

Filters go in the back zipped compartment and 5 batteries + 100 gig or more of cards in the front zipped compartment. A couple of bottles of water in the external nets and that's me set for a walk-about session

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Panasonic G85 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
Mike Dobbs Senior Member • Posts: 1,089

My Golla G1268 bag I've had for 1.5 years...EM5 with 3-5 lenses goes very nicely here.

Now I need to carry 2 bodies occassionally and I'm looking at their larger models.

www.Golla.com

-- hide signature --

Reach me on the World's best messenging system, BlackBerry Messenger PIN:24BDF528 (http://www.bbm.com/bbm/en.html)
Now available for Android & iPhones as well.

Paulmorgan Veteran Member • Posts: 6,811

Araldite wrote:

A ThinkTank Retrospective 20 is my main bag but I carry 7 full sized flash units, 3 FL50R`s, 2 FL50`s and 2 yonguo 560`s plus wireless triggers.

If I`m not needing flash I have a selection of much smaller bags.

Digitall
Digitall Regular Member • Posts: 417

Mainly, Think Tank Retrospective 7

Apreche
Apreche Forum Member • Posts: 78
 Apreche's gear list:Apreche's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
georgehakim
georgehakim Regular Member • Posts: 168

Domke Ruggedwear  F-10 Medium.

georgehakim's gear list:georgehakim's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax K-3 Pentax K-70 Panasonic ZS100 Sony a6000 +20 more
Lights
Lights Veteran Member • Posts: 3,573

Well I guess I've got way too many but mostly when out and about Either use a Lowepro Adventura 140 or a similarly sized Tenba (that has more small storage) I can get a Pen and a one or two (sometimes three, depending) lenses in each, plus accessories. Sometimes when traveling light with a small kit sized zoom sized lens or smaller, I use the Olympus Pen case...which just fits a Camera, smaller lens, EVF in the front pocket, and 2 batteries and a mem card in the top...in fact I use that quite a bit and think it was only 10USD or so.

-- hide signature --

My Gallery is here -
http://www.pbase.com/madlights
The Joker: Why so serious?

cpt kent Regular Member • Posts: 300

Similar dilemmas here...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54069545

Think I'll follow your thread...

Sean Nelson
Sean Nelson Forum Pro • Posts: 12,618
LowePro Nova AW170

I use a LowePro Nova AW170 for my GH3.   It normally has the 14-140 kit zoom mounted, and the bag lets me bring along three other lenses: 7-14, 20, and 100-300 as well as spare batteries and a few filters.   You can get an idea of how everything fits into it (as well as into it's smaller brother the AW160) in this short YouTube video I put together.

Miron09 Contributing Member • Posts: 826
Lowepro Classified

140 mostly. Very well padded. Survived two severe bike crashes, with equipment inside intact

When open the equipment does not easily fall out

https://plus.google.com/photos/110955796927925538104/albums?banner=pwa

Miron09's gear list:Miron09's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +15 more
Wayne McPhail
Wayne McPhail Junior Member • Posts: 38

Mine;-)

Wayne McPhail's gear list:Wayne McPhail's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads