Best product or brand to clean the sensor?

Started Jul 18, 2014 | Discussions
OP Plasmatico Regular Member • Posts: 110
Re: eyelead sensor cleaning kit from photography life

Mine says Made in Germany, purchased directly from Photography Life. Great stuff, super easy, highly recommended. Of course now I have no use for it as I sold my NEX kit and am using the RX1 exclusively.

MJC

orsonbudd wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

orsonbudd wrote:

Plasmatico wrote:

Last week I received the "eyelead" sensor cleaning kit from photography life. I just finished cleaning the sensor of my NEX-6 and I have to say that it's not only super easy to use but it really works. 100% satisfied and HIGHLY recommended. price may be on the high side, but if you value your gear and want the best, this is top rate it in my book.

In the past month I've had two really good experiences with photography products, first the Ciecio7 FD-NEX adapter, the best lens adapter I've used and now this sensor cleaning stick. Both required gear.

I also purchased the eyelead and I think mine is a fake. The box has a "Sony" sticker on it instead of a print, the back of the box says "Designed in Germany. Special material made in Germany. Made in China" and the user manual inside is full of grammatical errors. Can you please compare this to your product? I just want to know if I have the real thing or not.

Thank You

If you purchased it from Photography Life, it's the real deal. I don't know if anyone sells the real thing. Can you send a picture?

No, Photography Life is for the US market, I'm in Europe. Eyelead is a German manufacturer and Photography Life is not the exclusive reseller.

Note the "Sony" sticker on the box, "Designed in Germany, special material made in Germany, Made in China" on the bottom back of the box, the lack of a barcode on the tin box and the user manual full of grammatical errors.

stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,903
Re: Best product or brand to clean the sensor?

brilly wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

brilly wrote:

wow lots of swabs and stuff recommended but only a couple of mentions of the blower

op hasn't even confirmed that he has tried and failed with the blower!

Blowers are a waste of time. Canned air.

rubbish, not had a spot i couldn't remove with the blower yet

if that moment comes THEN its time to look into more invasive methods

Then you haven't had any real dirt.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more

Plasmatico wrote:

Mine says Made in Germany, purchased directly from Photography Life. Great stuff, super easy, highly recommended. Of course now I have no use for it as I sold my NEX kit and am using the RX1 exclusively.

MJC

Mine doesn't say China anywhere, but I've long since tossed the outside box an only have the tin. For what it's worth, the English is a bit choppy and awkward on the instructions - I'm sure it's a translation issue from the German. I think they're word for word the same as those pictured.

orsonbudd wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

orsonbudd wrote:

Plasmatico wrote:

Last week I received the "eyelead" sensor cleaning kit from photography life. I just finished cleaning the sensor of my NEX-6 and I have to say that it's not only super easy to use but it really works. 100% satisfied and HIGHLY recommended. price may be on the high side, but if you value your gear and want the best, this is top rate it in my book.

In the past month I've had two really good experiences with photography products, first the Ciecio7 FD-NEX adapter, the best lens adapter I've used and now this sensor cleaning stick. Both required gear.

I also purchased the eyelead and I think mine is a fake. The box has a "Sony" sticker on it instead of a print, the back of the box says "Designed in Germany. Special material made in Germany. Made in China" and the user manual inside is full of grammatical errors. Can you please compare this to your product? I just want to know if I have the real thing or not.

Thank You

If you purchased it from Photography Life, it's the real deal. I don't know if anyone sells the real thing. Can you send a picture?

No, Photography Life is for the US market, I'm in Europe. Eyelead is a German manufacturer and Photography Life is not the exclusive reseller.

Note the "Sony" sticker on the box, "Designed in Germany, special material made in Germany, Made in China" on the bottom back of the box, the lack of a barcode on the tin box and the user manual full of grammatical errors.

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
brilly Senior Member • Posts: 1,986

stevo23 wrote:

brilly wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

brilly wrote:

wow lots of swabs and stuff recommended but only a couple of mentions of the blower

ah ...real dirt... for real photographers

what dirt did the op say they had?

they said a couple of spots then didn't really elaborate on anything and selectively answered - to me that says minor dust specs but ah well

brilly wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

brilly wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

brilly wrote:

ah ...real dirt... for real photographers

what dirt did the op say they had?

they said a couple of spots then didn't really elaborate on anything and selectively answered - to me that says minor dust specs but ah well

Yes, but it's his dirt. We all must bear our own dirt.

gelstick New Member • Posts: 3

the gel stick from eyelead isn't worth a hoot

gelstick New Member • Posts: 3

You may like it but it ruined my sensor...................

gelstick wrote:

the gel stick from eyelead isn't worth a hoot

It's excellent, why would you say that? Who were you before yesterday and why do you need to start with the same bad behavior right after you've been respawned? Or are you one of the regular bad actors who's taken on another identity just to be obnoxious?

Marky12
Marky12 Contributing Member • Posts: 763

Plasmatico wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good (safe) product to clean the sensor? I have an NEX-6 and 5n and both have spots on the sensor, one of downsides of using legacy and changing lenses in the field. They are more noticeable in low light or when stopped down.

Thanks in advance!

MJC

www.flickr.com/photos/plasmatico

For 2 years I've been afraid to the clean the sensor but I took the plunge and cleaned it with lens cleaner and a q tip. Guess what, it worked! I went as far as using a lens pen and it cleaned it really well as a finishing polish. It's a piece of glass on top of the sensor so it can be cleaned the same way as you clean your lens. This is what worked for me so I am in no way telling anyone to do this but if you are, you are taking your own risk.

Marky12's gear list:Marky12's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a7 III Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 FE +2 more
KE_DP
KE_DP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,674

Wonder what the difference is between the original Eclipse and "Aero"?

-- hide signature --
 KE_DP's gear list:KE_DP's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads