Tamron 150-600mm where in stock? (USA)

Started Jul 14, 2014 | Discussions
Bobby Handal
Bobby Handal Veteran Member • Posts: 5,523
Tamron 150-600mm where in stock? (USA)

Its hard to believe that after so long, I still could not get this lens.

I have seen them in ebay but they are asking higher than full list, much more.

Does someone know where I can buy this lens found in stock?

Let me know, thanks in advance !!

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Ricoh WG-M1 Nikon Coolpix AW130 Nikon Coolpix P900 +75 more
vbuhay
vbuhay Veteran Member • Posts: 3,060
Re: Tamron 150-600mm where in stock? (USA)

Bobby,

Yes, it has been backordered from the time Tamron has released the product.

I just got mine a week ago, and I had to finally buy mine from a local shop after waiting for about 6 weeks at B&H. I am told that they are producing and shipping them a low quantity and evenly distributed regardless of the store size. You just have to see if you have a local importer that would take your name in a list. We have had at least 4 local B&M stores that get them periodically 1-2 units at a time but it shipped or sold to the first guy on their list until they get more from Tamron....

The more places you have your name on a list the better chances you have of getting one.

Good luck!

BTW, I was at the local Bird Reserve here in So Cal USA last Saturday, and I saw two other new owners of this same lens, one waited 3 months and the other 2 months from B&H. Mine was Nikon Mount, the other two were Canon's.

vbuhay's gear list:vbuhay's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Pentax K20D Nikon D800E Nikon D750 Nikon D500 +32 more
vbuhay

Here are some samples to keep you interested. I did not mind paying local taxes with this lens.

Good job Tamron!

Bobby Handal
OP Bobby Handal Veteran Member • Posts: 5,523

it sickens me to see these photos !! I want a lens NOW ! je je je, great photos my friend.

I hope someone here can point me in the right direction, that is why I posted here.

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Ricoh WG-M1 Nikon Coolpix AW130 Nikon Coolpix P900 +75 more
vbuhay

This guy is telling me that it is in stock in Israel?:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54024547

Not sure though if that is the country he is referring to.

Bobby Handal

yes, too complicated for me - thanks. I have called some stores, nothing. Anyone ?

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

nuke12
nuke12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,406

Sorry Bobby, I got mine today.

I didn't really want it yet. I was still thinking on the Nikon 80-400 and asked to be notified before shipping. I was told it probably would be the end of August or September sometime, when it would arrived. Anyway, I received the shipping notice but no pre-shipping notice. So, I now have the lens. I could have refused acceptance but decided to give it a go. A mistake? Maybe? I don't know yet.

Oh, I'm in Canada but a buddy of mine received one with Tamron's very first shipment of the lens. Strange how the cards fall. The dealers here are only receiving a few at a time. Not the numbers they want.

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +26 more
Bobby Handal

Hello nuke12 !! he he he , thats life for you. Enjoy and post your findings please !!

Meanwhile I am still looking, I am leaving back to Honduras (where I live) until the 27th, so I hope I can arrange to get one by then.

Best regards,

nuke12 wrote:

Sorry Bobby, I got mine today.

I didn't really want it yet. I was still thinking on the Nikon 80-400 and asked to be notified before shipping. I was told it probably would be the end of August or September sometime, when it would arrived. Anyway, I received the shipping notice but no pre-shipping notice. So, I now have the lens. I could have refused acceptance but decided to give it a go. A mistake? Maybe? I don't know yet.

Oh, I'm in Canada but a buddy of mine received one with Tamron's very first shipment of the lens. Strange how the cards fall. The dealers here are only receiving a few at a time. Not the numbers they want.

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

shekar narayanan Senior Member • Posts: 1,087

I am in the same boat. Ordered mine with B&H on March 12th and still waiting. It is so frustrating. I really missed this lens when I went to Alaska two weeks back - got some nice shots nonetheless with 70-200  1.7TC.

Now the summer will be gone and will be hard to find some subject to shoot with the lens.

-- hide signature --

'If you're gonna shoot, shoot! Don't talk...'
http://www.vibrantshadows.com

nuke12
nuke12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,406

Ahhhh, you guys just suck.

Say you don't want one and it will arrive at your door. LOL

-- hide signature --

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +26 more
vbuhay

Here is a local CL listing for the lens..

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pho/4574148560.html

Good luck!

Brandon birder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,106

Bobby,

with your gear list I can't see that you would be happy with the Tamron. It is a wash with your Sigma 50-500, won't work with your N1 series and I can't get better IQ in the field than a 80-400afsg when that is cropped to match and that lens has quicker AF acquisition. I just sold my Tamron as the 80-400 is imo better for birds in flight.

Bobby Handal

Hello BB ! Thanks for your comments - you just threw a wrench in my plans!.

My 50-500mm OS is showing its years, its a bit dusty inside. Plus 600 mm focal length sounds interesting for FX format shooting. The portability of the tamron its what draws me to it.

I have other equipment like an old 600mm mf nikkor (25 years old?), my 500mm Vr and the 80-400mm VR among others - sickness in the quest of the right lens !.

My copy of the 80-400mm VR G has not convinced me optically . Sometimes I find myself prefering the 50-500mm Os . I initially was going to sell the sigma thinking that the Nikkor was going to beat it - that did not occur . I was planning to sell the 80-400mm G Vr.

uff, now I am confused !!

Brandon birder wrote:

Bobby,

with your gear list I can't see that you would be happy with the Tamron. It is a wash with your Sigma 50-500, won't work with your N1 series and I can't get better IQ in the field than a 80-400afsg when that is cropped to match and that lens has quicker AF acquisition. I just sold my Tamron as the 80-400 is imo better for birds in flight.

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Duncan Glendinning Regular Member • Posts: 267

Bobby Handal wrote:

Its hard to believe that after so long, I still could not get this lens.

I have seen them in ebay but they are asking higher than full list, much more.

Does someone know where I can buy this lens found in stock?

Let me know, thanks in advance !!

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

I was at Tempe Camera (www.tempecamera.com) today, which is in the Phoenix, AZ metro area - they have stock of both the Nikon and Canon versions of the lens.  Eric is a great sales associate there.

-- hide signature --

Equipment in profile

Duncan Glendinning's gear list:Duncan Glendinning's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D90 Canon EOS M Nikon D600
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads