Photos in the Himalayas taken with the OMD EM-5

Started Jul 14, 2014 | Photos
Vikramdev Rao Regular Member • Posts: 145
Photos in the Himalayas taken with the OMD EM-5

Vikramdev Rao's gear list:Vikramdev Rao's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
RoelHendrickx
RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 25,635
Re: Photos in the Himalayas taken with the OMD EM-5

A very big range of subjects and photos.

There are so many that it is hard to start with giving C&C.

I can just say that you confirmed my desire to go there.

Asking for C&C works better (at least more convenient) if you show less photos and/or have specific questions about them.

Why not try to enter one shot in the weekly threads.

The Weekly Wed C&C thread is a good place to start : very friendly and constructive crowd.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,062

Many nice images.  4, 16 and 31 I like the best.

Andrew

Gregm61 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,198

Very nice, indeed. Judging from the various focal lengths used, I'm guessing the 12-50 and 75-300 M. Zuikos were your two lenses of choice?

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Leica M9 Olympus E-M1 Leica M (Typ 262) Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +28 more
Bobby Handal
Bobby Handal Veteran Member • Posts: 5,557

great shots all. Some are spectacular .Thanks for showing us.

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Ricoh WG-M1 Nikon Coolpix AW130 Nikon Coolpix P900 +75 more
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 221

Couldn't help but notice that many of the shots were taken at small apertures.  Look great though.

Maybe its my bad technique but I tend to shoot everything wide open or some time stop it down at the most to f/4 or f/5.6 when I need more DoF/sharpness.  Are the lenses you used really good at f/8 to f/22 as seen from some of your shots?  (Macro of the flowers excepted).

Maklike Tier
Maklike Tier Regular Member • Posts: 462

Ungh.  I really want to go back there now.  Where abouts were these taken?

Maklike Tier's gear list:Maklike Tier's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
OP Vikramdev Rao Regular Member • Posts: 145

Taken in Kashmir. Started with photos in Srinagar on the Dal Lake and went on to the Zanskar Valley which separated from the Ladakh region by the Zanskar Range.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more

Used the small apertures as I wanted depth of field. Right from the foreground to the mountains in the rear. Very happy with small apertures.

Thank you for the suggestion. Will post as per your suggestion

Thank you!!

Also used the 40-150mm zoom

tyke2989 Regular Member • Posts: 250

A huge selection to look through. I love the landscape shots and  would imagine thats its a fantastic place to visit. Personally I think you did  a great job, thanks for the views.

ken

PSCL1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,770

To the OP:  Love your pictures of people; the grimacing ones might be converted to B&W for even more impact.  Some of your distant mountain scenes seem repetitive; you might select the best one out of several views of each scene.  In general, I think your scenics need some foreground element(s) to anchor them.  Nonetheless, wish I were there!

PSCL1's gear list:PSCL1's gear list
Leica X1 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Sony Alpha NEX-3N +27 more
dv312
dv312 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,252
Thanks for sharing

I enjoy mostly the portraits

A trip of a lifetime really

Cheers

dv312's gear list:dv312's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads