Firstly

Fuji have new offers in the uk

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/promotions/

Basically

£100 off an X-pro1

£50 off an S1

Free 50-230mm lens with an X-E1, X-M1 and X-A1

Secondly

I took part in the last offer in May and picked up an X-A1 with 16-50 and sent off for the free 50-230mm. Don't know about anybody else but i'm a bit impatient and have also seen a decline in the parcel delivery services in the UK lately ie:- 2 of 3 parts to a trampoline being delivered to me and the 3rd parcel going to another house, on the same day and 1 of 2 parts for a shower curtain, me receiving the pole and somebody a few streets away getting the shower curtain. Again on the same day.

So realising it's a free lens and i can't expect a quick turnaround i fight my impatience and fear that it has gone to another address and is now on ebay i leave it a month before emailing Fuji support to enquire whether it has been despatched or not but understand if it hasn't etc.

2 weeks later and no reply to my email so i ring this morning explaining i'm not complaining but just need to know if it has been sent or not. Very helpful support staff said i was in the top 15 but they had been struggling getting the lenses in to fulfil the demand but i should receive mine within 2 weeks. I thank him remind him Fuji have started another free lens offer and he just sighs!

My advice. Hoping you never need to contact Fuji support but if you do. Don't email, ring the buggers. And thanks to the Fuji guy i spoke to this morning he was very helpful and understanding.

G Man 001's gear list:G Man 001's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-A1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
Geoff Winterman Contributing Member • Posts: 573
Re: New Fuji Uk Offers + Backlog on Last Offers

G Man 001 wrote:

I took part in the last offer in May and picked up an X-A1 with 16-50 and sent off for the free 50-230mm. Don't know about anybody else but i'm a bit impatient and have also seen a decline in the parcel delivery services in the UK lately ie:- 2 of 3 parts to a trampoline being delivered to me and the 3rd parcel going to another house, on the same day and 1 of 2 parts for a shower curtain, me receiving the pole and somebody a few streets away getting the shower curtain. Again on the same day.

So realising it's a free lens and i can't expect a quick turnaround i fight my impatience and fear that it has gone to another address and is now on ebay i leave it a month before emailing Fuji support to enquire whether it has been despatched or not but understand if it hasn't etc.

2 weeks later and no reply to my email so i ring this morning explaining i'm not complaining but just need to know if it has been sent or not. Very helpful support staff said i was in the top 15 but they had been struggling getting the lenses in to fulfil the demand but i should receive mine within 2 weeks. I thank him remind him Fuji have started another free lens offer and he just sighs!

My advice. Hoping you never need to contact Fuji support but if you do. Don't email, ring the buggers. And thanks to the Fuji guy i spoke to this morning he was very helpful and understanding.

Same situation as you - first promised for the 23rd June when it didn't come and I rang Support at Fuji UK and they informed me it would be another couple of weeks as they were awaiting supplies of the XF55-200mm from Japan.  Bought Camera on the 31st May - However the  lens DID finally arrive on Monday of this week. So I suspect your won't be very long arriving.

OP G Man 001 Regular Member • Posts: 110

Geoff Winterman wrote:

G Man 001 wrote:

Same situation as you - first promised for the 23rd June when it didn't come and I rang Support at Fuji UK and they informed me it would be another couple of weeks as they were awaiting supplies of the XF55-200mm from Japan. Bought Camera on the 31st May - However the lens DID finally arrive on Monday of this week. So I suspect your won't be very long arriving.

Thanks Geoff you've given me hope. You cut it fine getting it on the last day of the offer! I thought i did getting it on the 29th lol.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-A1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
fuji P
fuji P Regular Member • Posts: 231

Regarding your trampoline etc. you need a new postman

fuji P's gear list:fuji P's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1

fuji P wrote:

Regarding your trampoline etc. you need a new postman

Lol tell me about it. it's a different person every day! The days of nice liveried vans and well dressed postmen or couriers seem to be over.

Geoff Winterman Contributing Member • Posts: 573

G Man 001 wrote:

Thanks Geoff you've given me hope. You cut it fine getting it on the last day of the offer! I thought i did getting it on the 29th lol.

Yes I was in Germany till the 30th - but I had arranged with the shop to hold one for me!

Sonyshine
Sonyshine Senior Member • Posts: 8,615

We usually have someone in our house during the daytime - all the local couriers have sussed this and its not at all unusual to have half a dozen different parcels for various houses along our street waiting to be collected... :((

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Apple Aperture Apple iPhone SE
Donald M Mackinnon Senior Member • Posts: 1,594
Another last minute X-A1 buyer

I am disappointed at Fuji because I also went for the X-A1 with the free lens on 31/05/14 thinking I would have got used to the lens by the time my holidays in July came around.

Well, my holidays have been and gone, and like others on here I gave up, because despite several calls to Fuji support my lens not only never arrived on the dates given, but has still not arrived. Thank goodness for my RX100.

If there is a supply issue then it seems absurd of Fuji to be re-introducing the free lens offer, but who are we to question the might of FujiĀ 

Grumpyrocker
Grumpyrocker Contributing Member • Posts: 711
Re: Another last minute X-A1 buyer

I don't believe that Fuji handle the rebates/free lenses themselves but subcontract out the offer programmes to the ARK-H Group in Diss, Norfolk.

Grumpyrocker's gear list:Grumpyrocker's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +5 more
Elyharbour
Elyharbour Senior Member • Posts: 1,889

Mine arrived a few weeks back. Sent off the form mid-May, so around a month, which is what I expected for some reason. Nice lens from what I've seen so-far - will be taking it out tomorrow as the only lens on the camera (X-E1) to break me out of 18-55 compositions!

Elyharbour's gear list:Elyharbour's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X30 Canon G9 X Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +6 more

Elyharbour wrote:

Mine arrived a few weeks back. Sent off the form mid-May, so around a month, which is what I expected for some reason. Nice lens from what I've seen so-far - will be taking it out tomorrow as the only lens on the camera (X-E1) to break me out of 18-55 compositions!

Have fun. Mines on a slow boat from Japan heading to Fuji UK. About another week now before they arrive i've been told.

Donald M Mackinnon wrote:

I am disappointed at Fuji because I also went for the X-A1 with the free lens on 31/05/14 thinking I would have got used to the lens by the time my holidays in July came around.

Well, my holidays have been and gone, and like others on here I gave up, because despite several calls to Fuji support my lens not only never arrived on the dates given, but has still not arrived. Thank goodness for my RX100.

If there is a supply issue then it seems absurd of Fuji to be re-introducing the free lens offer, but who are we to question the might of Fuji

I feel your pain as i was hoping mine would arrive within a month for a few days away beginning of July but alas no.

I have not received any dates though from Fuji or a reply to my email. It was only when i finally gave in and rang them up that they told me they were waiting for a fresh shipment in 2 weeks.

Oh and after i posted on here they finally replied to my email so hopefully Fuji do read forums ???

jimbof Junior Member • Posts: 48

I don't believe that Fuji handle the rebates/free lenses themselves but subcontract out the offer programmes to the ARK-H Group in Diss, Norfolk.

All the lens rebate forms I have sent in have been to Fuji HQ, and they always seem to have come direct from the same place in Milton Keynes.

jimbof Junior Member • Posts: 48

Fuji UK are very poor at responding to emails. When I've emailed them and got tired of waiting for a reply after over a week, I phone them up and they find the email straight away via the automated reference number their email system sends out. I asked about this last time and the guy said my email wasn't taking an extraordinary amount of time to deal with, so it sounds like this is par for the course.

Update My lens has arrived. Thanks Fuji

Arrived this morning, thank you Fuji. Had a quick play but can't wait to try it out properly.

With my X-A1 it looks like a lens with a small camera attached lol.

Hope you others guys get yours soon.

Re: Update My lens has arrived. Thanks Fuji

I contacted Fuji UK support yesterday and have been given my third delivery date of early next week.

The telephone rang for some time before being answered and the person I spoke to seemed lost for words as he looked up my details and could see that I had called previously.

It is difficult to understand how a major manufacturer like Fuji can have supply issues like this, one would imagine that additional stock from Japan would be by the container load.

The support representative was very apologetic, and if anyone from Fuji reads this then you should be proud of your support staff who are having to deal with a prolonged difficult situation with a high level off frustration for all involved.

Re: Update My lens has arrived. Thanks Fuji

I've also found the support staff to be helpful. Hope you get it soon now their shipment has arrived.

Les James
Les James Regular Member • Posts: 275

It's good to see offers from Fuji, but there is no offer for purchase of the XT-1:-(

-- hide signature --

/Users/lesjames/Desktop/Olympus icon

Les James's gear list:Les James's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Sony RX100 Olympus Stylus SP-100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 +5 more

Les James wrote:

It's good to see offers from Fuji, but there is no offer for purchase of the XT-1:-(

-- hide signature --

/Users/lesjames/Desktop/Olympus icon

Not at present but one may come up. Fuji may run an XT-1 promotion when the current ones expire??

Depends on if you want/need it now or wait for a promotion/deal or price drop

Called Fuji UK support today as I had been advised last week that the lens would be sent out this week.

`It will not be sent this week and I have been given a new date of mid to late August !!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads