+++++ This week through your m43 -- 5 July +++++

Started Jul 5, 2014 | Discussions
Paulmorgan Veteran Member • Posts: 6,735
Street Portraits

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson
Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson Senior Member • Posts: 1,113
Watching a WC game, bored, a picture from home ...

Holland/Netherlands - Costa Rica 0-0, 53rd minute... hope something will happen ...

-- hide signature --
 Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list:Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 8,833
Re: July Garden shots

I'm using an A7 as my main camera now.  I like it very much, but there is rather a bit of a learning curve

-J

yyr
yyr Veteran Member • Posts: 7,684

jalywol wrote:

I'm using an A7 as my main camera now. I like it very much, but there is rather a bit of a learning curve

-J

Really? I thought you got on so well with the EM1?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
sinkas Senior Member • Posts: 1,332
Re: 1927 Durant Star 4

Really like the last treatment Andrew.

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl
http://dsinclair.zenfolio.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123427081@N03/
Hobbes: You're ignorant, but at least you act on it.”

sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +2 more
LincolnB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,314
Small Town Parade

Slow shutter; ND filter

Tilt lens

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha a7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,023
Re: A couple

Very nice detail in the first Yaelle.  That would be a nice carry around combination to have!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: 1927 Durant Star 4

You must have extraordinary patience

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Thanks Yaelle.  My wife would be unlikely to agree but would concede that much more now than 20 years ago!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Small Town Parade

An interesting set. My favourites are 3, 5 and 9.

Andrew

jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 8,833

yyr wrote:

jalywol wrote:

I'm using an A7 as my main camera now. I like it very much, but there is rather a bit of a learning curve

-J

Really? I thought you got on so well with the EM1?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

I think the EM1 is a wonderful camera. There were two things that made me decide to try FF; the first being that I just could not get used to the Oly menu/button logic, no matter how I customized the camera. When you've had a camera for six months and you are still pushing the wrong buttons to get what you need, there is a basic user brain/camera incompatibility there. I also just kept bumping up against the limits of all of the M43 sensors for what I do. Sure, that's a pixel peeper's complaint, and it's really the only one I have with the system overall...I just kept wanting each generation of new sensor to be just what I wanted, and it's so close, but...... So, I figured I'd try a full frame camera, and the Sonys are the only ones small enough for me to be comfortable handling, so that was why I gave in to my GAS and bought one.

Someone else asked me about this, so I posted more, if you want to read it.

Honestly, I still think M43 is a great system, and its lens line up is really wonderful (which is painfully obvious by comparison to the native lenses for the A7). I just needed to expand out from it for my main camera to give me a different technical perspective on what I've been shooting for the past few years.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53973005

-J

Hen3ry
OP Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Re: Sunflower sunsets - whoa, nice, Robiro.

Robiro wrote:

klythawk wrote:

Beautiful captures, would love to find a sunflower field

They are coming to you! The European Commission just increased the minimum bio content in the fuels sold in the EU to 7%!

Aargh! That's not good news, actually, because it is taking food and turning it into fuel which is not even efficient in fuel terms.

Here in the Islands were are inundated with oil palm. I hate it.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
rickreyn
rickreyn Senior Member • Posts: 1,442
Re: A couple

Well, I think the bracket is quite good. Subject matter.

rickreyn's gear list:rickreyn's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +6 more
Hen3ry
Mak -- excellent suburbia collection! :)

Where is that block of flats? I swear I have seen it! Of course, Melbourne is doted with blocks of similar looking flats of that vintage -- and the potted palm or whatever is pretty well the de rigeur accessory!

As for the lane drains -- not forgetting that they carried sewage too! Yuck!

Now, here's what you need to shoot with our new E-P5. An old tram, winter mist over the Yarra, da footy!!! Hmmm -- I think that is enough for your assignment for next week! LOL!

Sitting here in sunny, 30C Rabaul, I was thinking of saying, "St Kilda Beach" -- but then I remembered the time of the year there. I'll be in Melbourne in three weeks. I'm terrified of the cold!

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Apreche
Apreche Forum Member • Posts: 78
NYC/Astoria Lightning

Lightning over Astoria/NYC

I took this from my apartment's balcony. I tried with and without ND filters and such. I tried setting long exposures and also using bulb mode. In the end this was the best shot. I used bulb mode without filters. I just held the shutter open and waited for lightning to strike. If it went on too long, I let go and started a new exposure. If lightning hit, I let go right after it was done. Did a very small amount of work in Lightroom. You can see the lightning hitting 1 WTC off in the distance.

There's a lot of light pollution in NYC, so it's very hard to make the sky really dark when all kinds of lights are reflecting off the bottom of the clouds.

Apreche's gear list:Apreche's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
Maklike Tier
Maklike Tier Regular Member • Posts: 462
Re: Mak -- excellent suburbia collection! :)

Hen3ry wrote:

Where is that block of flats? I swear I have seen it! Of course, Melbourne is doted with blocks of similar looking flats of that vintage -- and the potted palm or whatever is pretty well the de rigeur accessory!

As for the lane drains -- not forgetting that they carried sewage too! Yuck!

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Cheers Geoff!

Yeah those flats could pretty much be anywhere in inner city Melbourne.  These particular ones are in Flemington.

Yeah I get vertigo looking at that photo of the laneway drain. A hidden slice of the past, definitely.

Maklike Tier's gear list:Maklike Tier's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Hen3ry
Re: Diving at Bingham Waterfall - they are barking mad!

But nice use of the burst feature, hound dog!

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Hen3ry
Re: 1927 Durant Star 4 - nice

Great P&P andrew.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Hen3ry
Re: Street Portraits

There's that 45 again contributing to great portraits.

But "Street Portraits"? What do you mean by that, Paul? What were the circumstances of taking the pictures? Obviously you had your subjects' agreement, which I like.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Hen3ry
Re: Watching a WC game, bored, a picture from home ... Heh, heh!

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson wrote:

Holland/Netherlands - Costa Rica 0-0, 53rd minute... hope something will happen ...

And even "The Thinker" is losing interest! LOL.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Hen3ry
Re: NYC/Astoria Lightning

Apreche wrote:

I took this from my apartment's balcony. I tried with and without ND filters and such. I tried setting long exposures and also using bulb mode. In the end this was the best shot. I used bulb mode without filters. I just held the shutter open and waited for lightning to strike. If it went on too long, I let go and started a new exposure. If lightning hit, I let go right after it was done. Did a very small amount of work in Lightroom. You can see the lightning hitting 1 WTC off in the distance.

And I've tried that and discovered that I have absolute power over lightning -- it doesn't happen when I have the shutter open!

There's a lot of light pollution in NYC, so it's very hard to make the sky really dark when all kinds of lights are reflecting off the bottom of the clouds.

I have a little program called "Earthdesk" as my wallpaper -- it shows the world as seen by satellite pretty much in real time. At night, NY (and other major cities, of course) are just huge blobs of light.

Kind of frightening.

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads