+++++ This week through your m43 -- 5 July +++++

Started Jul 5, 2014 | Discussions
yyr
yyr Veteran Member • Posts: 7,684
Re: Sunflower sunsets - whoa, nice, Robiro.

Robiro wrote:

klythawk wrote:

Beautiful captures, would love to find a sunflower field

They are coming to you! The European Commission just increased the minimum bio content in the fuels sold in the EU to 7%!

Good - I'd like to find a sunflower field too, these shots are gorgeous especially the first.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
rickreyn
rickreyn Senior Member • Posts: 1,442
Shots from the 4th...Tampa thunder storm...small town parade...

Light trail of ascending jet visible...

Lutz, Florida...

rickreyn's gear list:rickreyn's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +6 more
yyr
Re: Where is this?

Your trip to Tunis? You took the 45mm. What else? I really like all of these but the flamingo shot is a standout.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
zenfr2009 Senior Member • Posts: 1,197
Thanks ...

NY :

Inside (New York Lincoln Center):

zenfr2009's gear list:zenfr2009's gear list
Leica X1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X100S Panasonic LX10 Nikon D300S +3 more
yyr
Re: Thanks ...

zenfr2009 wrote:

NY :

Inside (New York Lincoln Center):

OK - that gets a 'wow' from me. Terrific.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

Grzzl
Grzzl Senior Member • Posts: 2,967
Not that productive week i am afraid

I worn out my bike bearings in 1.5 year. Too little photographing time

Grzzl's gear list:Grzzl's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +3 more
Grzzl
Grzzl Senior Member • Posts: 2,967
Re: Noctilucent clouds in the Netherlands

I didnt see them in the middle of the Netherlands sadly enough. I will be looking out now

Very nice capture! wel done

Grzzl's gear list:Grzzl's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +3 more
Jorginho Forum Pro • Posts: 13,656
You lucked out, but...

Grzzl wrote:

I didnt see them in the middle of the Netherlands sadly enough. I will be looking out now

Very nice capture! wel done

The best time of year to see them is in the month of July. 4 out of 7 days they should be visible but very rarely like these.

BTW: May be I did not get you right, but these clouds are at 80-80 km height and stretch of hundreds of KM. SO they were very visible in the middle part of NL. Displays from neighbouring Germany looked identical (so lookign at the same clouds).

But better luck next time! And thx for the compliment!

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Michael L NYC 99
Michael L NYC 99 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,075
Re: Busy subjects, busy backgrounds, more festival stuff

My favorite shots are 1, 4 and 5.

Please clarify your comment about the Solomon Island girls. I hope you are not referring to human trafficking.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +15 more
Michael L NYC 99
Re: Horse Drawn Rail Carriage

I have never seen such a sight, but that "carriage" seems like a very heavy trolley and a bit much for one horse to drag.

Michael

-- hide signature --

Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +15 more
harvo Regular Member • Posts: 365
July 4th fireworks - Sunset - Grand Traverse Bay, Michigan

Just a beautiful day, so went down to the beach to catch the sunset.

EM1, 1/90, f8, iso 200, 18mm, pp and crop in ACR.

Harvo

harvo's gear list:harvo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Michael L NYC 99
Re: More nature....

Beautiful as usual John, especially the beetle and the moth.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

Michael L NYC 99
Re: Insects before nights

Very nice close up shots. I see the bees have no pollen on their legs, so I guess they haven't been that "busy" yet.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas
Jim Salvas Veteran Member • Posts: 5,304
Fireworks, live time kyakers and fisheye

Live time fireworks.

I got this one while waiting for the fireworks to start on the Hudson. A group of kyakers paddled in front of us and I captured their lights with live time on the E-M1. That' sa train passing on the left and West Point in the distance.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretsky

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +11 more
Michael L NYC 99
Re: Shots from the 4th...Tampa thunder storm...small town parade...

Nice lightning shot and well done shots of the kids.

Were you trying for the lightning shot or was it a happy coincidence?

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

Michael L NYC 99
Re: Fireworks, live time kyakers and fisheye

Very nice fireworks shot. What lens did you use?

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

yyr

Michael L NYC 99 wrote:

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

Well I was just wondering that myself but I'm going to guess that it was the Samyang/Rokinon 7.5. The second looks like it might be and the first a centre crop? Clue is in the title of the post.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

Jim Salvas
Jim Salvas Veteran Member • Posts: 5,304

Michael L NYC 99 wrote:

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

The fireworks were with the 12-40. The kyakers with the Bower 7.5. I only have the ipad, so exif is lost.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretsky

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +11 more
rickreyn
rickreyn Senior Member • Posts: 1,442
Re: Shots from the 4th...Tampa thunder storm...small town parade...

Actually I was attempting to take fireworks. I got in return something with a little more firepower! Thanks for the comments!
--
http://www.gloriographs.com
http://www.gloriography.com

rickreyn's gear list:rickreyn's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +6 more
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,621
Re: Where is this?

yyr wrote:

Your trip to Tunis? You took the 45mm. What else? I really like all of these but the flamingo shot is a standout.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

Thanks. Yes. 45-175, PL25, phone, and kit zoom. It turned out the system weight was not an issue but the eating up of the weekend by work was, plus the air controllers' strike eating more free time and the start of Ramadan removing people from streets so no nice people shots etc.

Skipped breakfast to get out and take pot shots at the flamingos.

Great country, nice people, good food, nothing has a price, hot, and they use UK summer time! French is fluently spoken everywhere but to me it's no different from Arabic.

More flamingos in the evening:

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads