Birds and Flower shots with FZ

Started Jul 4, 2014 | Discussions
cat150
cat150 Senior Member • Posts: 2,498
Re: Birds and Flower shots with FZ

Dear Anavy, they are all beautiful, but the last two swallows, are a masterpiece!

Congratulation..

-- hide signature --

Lumix forever
Alex

cat150's gear list:cat150's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
OP ANAYV Forum Pro • Posts: 14,951

Excellent, and nicely sharp. The Nikons certainly show their strength here.  My only concern is that I can see my FZ70 lens flex at full extension when the E15ED is mounted (more precisely, I can remove the weight of the teleconverter with my finger and the lens moves up).  The camera's certainly easier to handle without the extension tube, but...

Thanks Sherman!
I dont notice any wobble......yet. But I fear if I keep using the TC on the extended lens, it will only hurt the lens, in time.
I do hve an adapter for the FZ200, and can mount the TC onto that.
Seems I recall some users shortening the back end of the TC , to gain sharpness, getting it closer to the FZ200 lens ?
Thanks.

ANAYV

sherman_levine
sherman_levine Forum Pro • Posts: 11,091

ANAYV wrote:

Excellent, and nicely sharp. The Nikons certainly show their strength here. My only concern is that I can see my FZ70 lens flex at full extension when the E15ED is mounted (more precisely, I can remove the weight of the teleconverter with my finger and the lens moves up). The camera's certainly easier to handle without the extension tube, but...

Thanks Sherman!
I dont notice any wobble......yet. But I fear if I keep using the TC on the extended lens, it will only hurt the lens, in time.
I do hve an adapter for the FZ200, and can mount the TC onto that.
Seems I recall some users shortening the back end of the TC , to gain sharpness, getting it closer to the FZ200 lens ?
Thanks.

ANAYV

I've shortened the E15ED - I don't think it makes any difference in sharpness, but it should reduce vignetting.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3228728

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
OP ANAYV Forum Pro • Posts: 14,951

Jack Brandt217 wrote:

good set ANAYV I liked the pose in #3 although it didn't seem to be critically sharp on my monitor.

Jack

Thanks Jack!

I agree. These are not as sharp as I'd like. Could be the atmosphere , at longer zoom range, but I also used similar settings as with the FZ200 (-2 for sharpness, contrast, NR in photo style NATURAL).

Then edited in FastStone.

Seems to work better with the FZ200.

ANAYV

manthasfamily
manthasfamily Veteran Member • Posts: 6,443

ANAYV, those are such wonder shots!  I really like the b&w shot!

-- hide signature --

Karen
If it pleases you then to hell what everyone else thinks!

Briansdad1
Briansdad1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,977

The first one is a great bird catch. The image of the bird is good too!  Great work with the 70 as always. Thanks.

Bill

-- hide signature --

I'm not a pro. Images I post are unrestricted. Copy, edit, re-post here as part of the tread or elsewhere. C&C always welcome and encouraged - I'm not touchy about the negatives.

Briansdad1's gear list:Briansdad1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads