X100T - what would be on your wish list?

Started Jun 24, 2014 | Discussions
EricWN Senior Member • Posts: 2,232
Re: X100T - what would be on your wish list?

I'd like to see:

• Wi-Fi
  • GPS
  • Roughly same size camera body, maybe a very slightly bigger grip
  • Build a nice touchscreen interface, incorporating a bigger, tilting screen with Gorilla glass or similar or alternatively (since there isn't much space on the back for anything) use the four-way controller and buttons of the X-Pro 1 
  • Higher resolution EVF/ keep the hybrid VF too please
  • Hotshoe cover in the box
  • Design a nicer side door than this rather cheap looking thing we have on the x100 for USB and HDMI. Actually, if possible, remove those ports or move them somewhere else.
  • Better battery life or at least better visibility to the battery status

A black version from the start would be a great thing.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,084

EricWN wrote:

I'd like to see:

• Wi-Fi
  • GPS
  • Roughly same size camera body, maybe a very slightly bigger grip
  • Build a nice touchscreen interface, incorporating a bigger, tilting screen with Gorilla glass or similar or alternatively (since there isn't much space on the back for anything) use the four-way controller and buttons of the X-Pro 1
  • Higher resolution EVF/ keep the hybrid VF too please
  • Hotshoe cover in the box
  • Design a nicer side door than this rather cheap looking thing we have on the x100 for USB and HDMI. Actually, if possible, remove those ports or move them somewhere else.
  • Better battery life or at least better visibility to the battery status

A black version from the start would be a great thing.

Hot shoe cover gets my vote.  That, viewfinders, and battery life... The X100S is the best camera Ive ever owned film or digital.   Let's not feature-creep it to death here...

bs1946
bs1946 Senior Member • Posts: 5,851

An optical only rangefinder viewfinder that manual focuses like a Leica when the camera is in manual focus.. With the LCD off, a lot of the delay that people complain about would be gone. If you want to see the EVF version of the shot, use the LCD.

A real manual focus ring and DOF scale on the lens; otherwise leave the lens alone; F2 works just fine.

WiFi that works easily, turn it on, pick a WiFi network and communicate with any device on the network

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm FinePix X100
EricWN Senior Member • Posts: 2,232

bs1946 wrote:

An optical only rangefinder viewfinder that manual focuses like a Leica when the camera is in manual focus.. With the LCD off, a lot of the delay that people complain about would be gone. If you want to see the EVF version of the shot, use the LCD.

A real manual focus ring and DOF scale on the lens; otherwise leave the lens alone; F2 works just fine.

WiFi that works easily, turn it on, pick a WiFi network and communicate with any device on the network

Nice idea with a real rangefinder, but how much are you willing to pay extra for these additional mechanical parts that also need to be somehow connected to the lens?

How often are you willing to send it to Fuji if the rangefinder needs adjustment after a while?

What is X100T?  I wish people wouldnt do this, just use a generic tem like  "next gen X100S."

But I like the idea of a leaf-shuttered fixed lens tele version of this camera, maybe with a 56/F2.  yeah it'd be bigger, but like another poster said, that and my current X100S would take care of about 90% of what I shoot.

So if X100T means "telephoto" then Im there.

samhain Senior Member • Posts: 1,344

As for your upgrade decision- personally I'd hang on to the x100 until the next one comes out.

As for the x100t wishlist:

Ideally-

-FF, better wp seals, faster/ more accurate AF, choice of black or silver body @ same price, and... Since its a wishlist- a 9 blade fixed 50mm 1.4 lens  (or 2 models- 35/2 & 50/1.4).

Also- as much as I hate to admit it- a Bayer sensor(without olpf) instead of x-trans.  18-24mp FF would be ideal.

Fujifilm need be careful to not introduce feature-creep their cameras.  As long as they offer products that near-duplicate the film experience (touch screens do not) and continue the excellent support I'll stick with them. I also think we'll see an updated XPro model here before any new X100 series. I hope so, then remaining new XP1 prices will plummet.

and yes a hot shoe cover.

4tunate son Forum Member • Posts: 55

tamras29 wrote:

As I still can't decide whether it's worth "for me" the upgrade from my X100 to the X100s - the old girl with it's latest firmware is still a bit of a slouch at worse, but love using her, and still impressed with the results I get from her when I'm not in a hurry.

Apart from the complaints in these forums about skin tones at high ISO's with the X - trans sensor, what would you like to see on the X100T - or whatever they call it.

More pixels - I don't think we need to go there. FF sensor - don't be silly now. Faster autofocus - that's not why we bought this baby. HDR, WI-FI, more fn buttons, tilty screen - well yes - all would be nice.

Love to hear your thoughts.

More Pixels

FF Sensor

Faster AF

4tunate son's gear list:4tunate son's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
PentaxNick Senior Member • Posts: 1,341

Weather sealing

Improved EVF visibility in daylight

Panoramic assist or panoramic scan mode, for when the FoV just isn't  wide enough.

Improved Macro

Nick

PentaxNick's gear list:PentaxNick's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X30 Ricoh GR Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X100F +12 more
ANTHONY J RUIZ New Member • Posts: 7

For me, the X20 was a revelation!...small beautiful, excellent quality etc. Then I bought the x100S... tested and compared both of them during hours without end!. Finally I got to the conclusion that Yes!...the X100S offers better resolution although not so evident on the day to day operation nor for the naked eye, (maybe mine as I am 65) it has tremendous good handling and just feels right.  I love the X100S ...and also love the X20!...I could sell the X20 or maybe replace it with the X30 but I would not sell the X100S.

I would not change anything on the X100S I would simply improve upon the package.

-More pre-programmed modes probably at least 2 more from C1 to C5

-Small zoom (so very convenient let us be honest) say from 18 to 85 mm....SUPER COMPACT AND BEST POSSIBLE QUALITY ONLY....OTHERWISE FORGET IT!

-Improve focusing? ok....but you can work with what you have

-No tilting screen...leave the screen as it is and do not complicate anything

-Better OFV...like the XT-1....? excellent if posible....but not necessary

-Do not mess with the sensor....leave it at 16 MP...work to improve the Software...

The X100S is a classical beaut!...do not destroy a great package if you want something totally different buy something totally different!.....

my grain of salt!

ANTHONY J RUIZ's gear list:ANTHONY J RUIZ's gear list
Olympus PEN-F
wcowan
wcowan Contributing Member • Posts: 510

ANTHONY J RUIZ wrote:

small zoom (so very convenient let us be honest) say from 18 to 85 mm....SUPER COMPACT AND BEST POSSIBLE QUALITY ONLY....OTHERWISE FORGET IT!

The X100S is a classical beaut!...do not destroy a great package if you want something totally different buy something totally different!.....

Wouldn't doubling it's size and weight and fitting it with a slower lens make it totally different?

I love my X100 for it's high portability and it's fast lens, you'd lose both with a zoom.

-- hide signature --

William Cowan
See some of my photos at http://www.radiantphotograph.com

wcowan's gear list:wcowan's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +2 more
DarnGoodPhotos Senior Member • Posts: 7,842

PentaxNick wrote:

Weather sealing

Improved EVF visibility in daylight

Panoramic assist or panoramic scan mode, for when the FoV just isn't wide enough.

Improved Macro

Nick

How would those be different from the current panoramic modes?

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
JElite New Member • Posts: 17

S5pro with tamron 17-50 2.8lens

I wish Fuji would upgrade the s5 but most likely will never happen.

DarnGoodPhotos Senior Member • Posts: 7,842

JElite wrote:
I wish Fuji would upgrade the s5 but most likely will never happen.

How do you see that as a feature on the next X100?

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more

wcowan wrote:

ANTHONY J RUIZ wrote:

small zoom (so very convenient let us be honest) say from 18 to 85 mm....SUPER COMPACT AND BEST POSSIBLE QUALITY ONLY....OTHERWISE FORGET IT!

Wouldn't doubling it's size and weight and fitting it with a slower lens make it totally different?

I love my X100 for it's high portability and it's fast lens, you'd lose both with a zoom.

You have a very valid point...that is the reason why I added, SUPER COMPACT AND BEST POSSIBLE QUALITY....OTHERWISE FORGET IT!.

Yes I am with you the beauty of the S is it's portability...I'm just daydreaming modifying the laws of physics...and placing too much weight on technology and new trademarks and patents

cheers

Olympus PEN-F
Occamsrazor
Occamsrazor New Member • Posts: 13

Obviously no-one knows, but does anyone have an educated guess based on previous release schedules on when a X100T might likely become available?

Ok!...I know this is my second and reviewed wish list for the upcoming X100T/X200?

Here it goes and is simply an exercise in futility of course...but fun.

1) Large FULL SIZE SENSOR (is that the reason for the X200 den.?)

2)Fix Lens 35mm/50mm

3) Faster AF/and  2/3 more custom settings .

4) OVF/EVF as close as posible to the XT-1

i'M IN LOVE!

Olympus PEN-F
David V
David V Senior Member • Posts: 1,182

For me, the biggest issue I have with the X100S is to have AF that actually works in lower light.  I use this camera primarily as a grab and go and that means night time outings (parties, dinners, etc.) and I am very disappointed with the low light AF performance.  Sometimes it fails to focus and others it will just miss altogether and my subject will be OOF, while the wall behind them is perfectly sharp, even when I make the focal point as small as possible and put it directly on my subject's face.

This has annoyed me so much that I have been using my backup XE-1 body with a 27mm/2.8 pancake which is lighter than the X100S and I have gotten much better results in AF speed, accuracy and overall quality of my images.

So for me, at the minimum I want

-Greatly improved AF in low light

-Greatly improved AF accuracy

-Improved AF speed (on par with XT-1)

-WiFi

-Better EVF

-Improved battery life

-Sharper lens when wide open (I think it's fine when stopped down)

I don't even need more resolution, though it's never a bad thing.  If I can get 20-24MP with the same dynamic range and high ISO performance, then I'm good, otherwise leave it alone.

Just my thoughts.

DV

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 +9 more
km25
km25 Contributing Member • Posts: 718

The camera has a leaf sutter, does it not. The lens may have to stay they would have to redesign the F1.4. The 24MP, why would they put that on a camera without interchangeable lens? I think a zoom lens would be nice, with iOS. The camera is meant for travel or lite work. If you give it 24MP, the low light usage would be compromised. A small increase of MP would work, but a fas short zoom lens with iOS would make it great camera to work along sized a X100S. I have no way to know what they will do, I just am giving my opinion.

-- hide signature --

kam

km25's gear list:km25's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Leica SL (Typ 601) Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +9 more
Sener
Sener Regular Member • Posts: 306

- A FF sensor

- Ability to shoot RAW above 6400

- An physical ISO control (dial) which is not button-locked

- Improved AF (at least to X-T1 level) especially in lowlight

- Better startup time (1 sec. or under)

- X-T1 EVF and its gain ability in the dark

- Better close-up performance (X100s s**ks until f/4 or so)

- More battery life

- Wi-fi control and sharing (handy in X-T1)

- Ability to turn OFF the NR

- Better skin colors in JPEG for high ISOs (i.e. not waxy texture)

Sener's gear list:Sener's gear list
Sony a7S Sony a6500 Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Samyang 35mm F1.2 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads