G Series Leaf Window Fault
My G10 is out of action due to the leaf seals becoming distorted and refusing to close.
After 3 years heavy use, I thought this was fair enough. So I bought a G16 as a replacement. Within a week I had the same problem, only this time the mechanism refused to open.
It's a shame that a camera as sturdy as the G10 should have such an Achilles heel. The G16 is noticeably more fragile in the body, but not 3 years' worth. And the battery gets alarmingly hot after only an hour's use. And they let in dust.
A fine camera, while they last.
Any similar problems?
Some favourite pics:
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4