Mountains in Norway

Started Jun 8, 2014 | Photos
mrnike Forum Member • Posts: 89
Mountains in Norway
9

A photo I took last week when I was in Norway.

I was amazed from the fact that there was no real night there. Always some light in the sky!

Have a good weekend people!

WIMorrison Senior Member • Posts: 1,844
Re: Mountains in Norway
3

Somehow I feel that your treatment of the image is detracting from what should be rather enchanting and ethereal

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

 WIMorrison's gear list:WIMorrison's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +13 more
ricko5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,339
Re: Mountains in Norway

I really like it, some nice graphic shapes and plenty of mystery / atmosphere. I'd possibly crop a bit off the right hand side, but Im nitpicking. Nice work.

OP mrnike Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Mountains in Norway

Somehow I feel that your treatment of the image is detracting from what should be rather enchanting and ethereal

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

OP mrnike Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Mountains in Norway

Somehow I feel that your treatment of the image is detracting from what should be rather enchanting and ethereal

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

I understand not everybody might like this editing. I hope the other photos from the trip will be more of your liking

OP mrnike Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Mountains in Norway

I really like it, some nice graphic shapes and plenty of mystery / atmosphere. I'd possibly crop a bit off the right hand side, but Im nitpicking. Nice work.

Thanks for the comment.
You are right about the cropping but I didn't want to change the aspect ratio of 16:9. If I crop the right side I loose too much of the sky/top left of the tree...

beaujolais76 Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: Mountains in Norway

Well , black and white landscapes are not really my thing .

Do you few other versions of the same place in color ?

-- hide signature --

My Travel Photos from Europe , Asia , North and South America , Africa and Antarctica : http://TheWorldThroughMyEyes.photography

OP mrnike Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Mountains in Norway
1

beaujolais76 wrote:

Well , black and white landscapes are not really my thing .

Do you few other versions of the same place in color ?

-- hide signature --

My Travel Photos from Europe , Asia , North and South America , Africa and Antarctica : http://TheWorldThroughMyEyes.photography

Hi,

I did not processed this photo in colors. When I took it I was already thinking about black and white and I underexposed accordingly.

I have many other color photos from the same trip.

Just today I've posted a new one on my blog if you want to have a look:

http://69drops.com/wordpress/blog/eidsvatnet/

I hope you like this one

WIMorrison Senior Member • Posts: 1,844
Re: Mountains in Norway

mrnike wrote:

beaujolais76 wrote:

Well , black and white landscapes are not really my thing .

Do you few other versions of the same place in color ?

-- hide signature --

My Travel Photos from Europe , Asia , North and South America , Africa and Antarctica : http://TheWorldThroughMyEyes.photography

Hi,

I did not processed this photo in colors. When I took it I was already thinking about black and white and I underexposed accordingly.

I have many other color photos from the same trip.

Just today I've posted a new one on my blog if you want to have a look:

http://69drops.com/wordpress/blog/eidsvatnet/

I hope you like this one

the one on your blog above is much, much, much better than the one at the start of this thread - lots of atmosphere and feeling

Excellent picture - I suggest you stick to colour

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

 WIMorrison's gear list:WIMorrison's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +13 more
OP mrnike Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Mountains in Norway

WIMorrison wrote:

mrnike wrote:

beaujolais76 wrote:

Well , black and white landscapes are not really my thing .

Do you few other versions of the same place in color ?

-- hide signature --

My Travel Photos from Europe , Asia , North and South America , Africa and Antarctica : http://TheWorldThroughMyEyes.photography

Hi,

I did not processed this photo in colors. When I took it I was already thinking about black and white and I underexposed accordingly.

I have many other color photos from the same trip.

Just today I've posted a new one on my blog if you want to have a look:

http://69drops.com/wordpress/blog/eidsvatnet/

I hope you like this one

the one on your blog above is much, much, much better than the one at the start of this thread - lots of atmosphere and feeling

Excellent picture - I suggest you stick to colour

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

ok I will stick to colour for now

In fact I have a new one ready!

beaujolais76 Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: Mountains in Norway

mrnike wrote:

beaujolais76 wrote:

Well , black and white landscapes are not really my thing .

Do you few other versions of the same place in color ?

-- hide signature --

My Travel Photos from Europe , Asia , North and South America , Africa and Antarctica : http://TheWorldThroughMyEyes.photography

Hi,

I did not processed this photo in colors. When I took it I was already thinking about black and white and I underexposed accordingly.

I have many other color photos from the same trip.

Just today I've posted a new one on my blog if you want to have a look:

http://69drops.com/wordpress/blog/eidsvatnet/

I hope you like this one

Yes , the version with color is MUCH better!

-- hide signature --

My Travel Photos from Europe , Asia , North and South America , Africa and Antarctica : http://Travelogue.photography

WIMorrison Senior Member • Posts: 1,844
Re: Mountains in Norway
1

Gorgeous - not a lot else I can say

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

 WIMorrison's gear list:WIMorrison's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +13 more
OP mrnike Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Mountains in Norway

WIMorrison wrote:

Gorgeous - not a lot else I can say

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

thanks!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads