now they are going to give the d800s a new battery

Started Jun 6, 2014 | Discussions
azotor Forum Member • Posts: 57
now they are going to give the d800s a new battery

I wish they could stick with EN-EL15.

It's a powerful little battery. Maybe not to weak for EXPEED 4?

azotor's gear list:azotor's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +10 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 18,662
Re: now they are going to give the d800s a new battery

azotor wrote:

Link?

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
PatrickP Contributing Member • Posts: 716

azotor wrote:

Geeze. That's a small thing. But enough of a dent for some D6x0/800 users to re-consider an upgrade, especially those who have a ton of EN-EL15s. (I have 3 myself) Nikon rarely change battery type from a original model to a 'S' model.

Unless they call it D810 instead, which is likely. My gut feeling is this would be a big enough upgrade to deserve a different model number.

-- hide signature --

D800E, 16-35/4 VR, 24-70/2.8, 70-200 VR2, AF-S 80-400VR, 50/1.8G, 85/1.8G.

PatrickP's gear list:PatrickP's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 1,750

Source please?

azotor wrote:

Murray Bowles
Murray Bowles Senior Member • Posts: 2,120

Remember, their stated goal is higher margins.

Simon Garrett Veteran Member • Posts: 5,955
Are you making that up?

azotor wrote:

Are you making this up, do you have a source (in which case what is it), or is this an inspired guess?

-- hide signature --

Simon

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
ImageAmateur Senior Member • Posts: 4,661

azotor wrote:

IF True, whatever your source, likely it is just what you say, the specs of the camera re data shifting is so much more and with 6 fps, it may need the additional power amps.

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

ImageAmateur's gear list:ImageAmateur's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Phase One Capture One Pro
ScottRH
ScottRH Senior Member • Posts: 1,744

PatrickP wrote:

azotor wrote:

Geeze. That's a small thing. But enough of a dent for some D6x0/800 users to re-consider an upgrade, especially those who have a ton of EN-EL15s. (I have 3 myself) Nikon rarely change battery type from a original model to a 'S' model.

Unless they call it D810 instead, which is likely. My gut feeling is this would be a big enough upgrade to deserve a different model number.

D750 ?

michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 12,231

azotor wrote:

I highly doubt it.  The most likely scenario if the really do use a new battery would be EN-EL15a.  This would be compatible with the current battery.  Similar to the EN-EL18a that was shipped with the D4S.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 +28 more
larrywilson
larrywilson Veteran Member • Posts: 6,345

Where is this information coming from?  This is the first time I have seen that the d800s will have a different battery than the d800.

Larry

larrywilson's gear list:larrywilson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +6 more
diverroy
diverroy Contributing Member • Posts: 728

He is obviously making it up as he cannot be bothered to reply

-- hide signature --

Diverroy

Simon Garrett Veteran Member • Posts: 5,955

diverroy wrote:

He is obviously making it up as he cannot be bothered to reply

I guess so.  He's posted elsewhere since, so it's not as though he's been away from his computer and unable to reply.

-- hide signature --

Simon

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
M Lammerse
M Lammerse Forum Pro • Posts: 11,417

azotor wrote:

Only one answer possible of course on such kind of question,

It depends on which version of the EXPEED 4 processor you mean.

Michel

Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 15,317
Re: So what?

The D4s has a new higher capacity batter which works with a D4 and users the same charger.

If Nikon get more capacity in a same size D800 battery using the same charger is there a problem?

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Producing good quality photographs, or being good at sport or art, involves a little more than buying appropriate equipment. Practice, some learning and perhaps natural talent often play a bigger role than the equipment in your hands.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +17 more
larrywilson
larrywilson Veteran Member • Posts: 6,345

There is a problem if they change chargers or worst yet if a person can't use the same Nikon battery grip with d4 battery.  The price Nikon is charging for the d4 battery charger and battery grip is insane.  Actually I have heard nothing about what battery the new d800s is going to have so may not be a problem at all.  For the OP to say that they are going to be using another battery without references to where he got the information, sounds a little premature to even mention it.

Larry

larrywilson's gear list:larrywilson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +6 more
Nikonparrothead Veteran Member • Posts: 5,436

larrywilson wrote:

There is a problem if they change chargers or worst yet if a person can't use the same Nikon battery grip with d4 battery. The price Nikon is charging for the d4 battery charger and battery grip is insane. Actually I have heard nothing about what battery the new d800s is going to have so may not be a problem at all. For the OP to say that they are going to be using another battery without references to where he got the information, sounds a little premature to even mention it.

Larry

D4 battery grip? Last I checked the "grip" in the D4 was built in.

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Nikonparrothead's gear list:Nikonparrothead's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix A Panasonic LX100 +13 more
Rich Rosen Senior Member • Posts: 2,452

Nikonparrothead wrote:

larrywilson wrote:

There is a problem if they change chargers or worst yet if a person can't use the same Nikon battery grip with d4 battery. The price Nikon is charging for the d4 battery charger and battery grip is insane. Actually I have heard nothing about what battery the new d800s is going to have so may not be a problem at all. For the OP to say that they are going to be using another battery without references to where he got the information, sounds a little premature to even mention it.

Larry

D4 battery grip? Last I checked the "grip" in the D4 was built in.

i think he meant the MB-D 12 for the D800 which takes the battery for the D4 .

Rich Rosen's gear list:Rich Rosen's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D1X Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +23 more
Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 15,317

larrywilson wrote:

There is a problem if they change chargers

While as yet there is not even an announcement of a body upgrade the D4s and D4 use the same charger.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Producing good quality photographs, or being good at sport or art, involves a little more than buying appropriate equipment. Practice, some learning and perhaps natural talent often play a bigger role than the equipment in your hands.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +17 more
Nikonparrothead Veteran Member • Posts: 5,436

Ah, thanks.

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Nikonparrothead's gear list:Nikonparrothead's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix A Panasonic LX100 +13 more
OP azotor Forum Member • Posts: 57

thank you all for your opinions.

I don't have any source. It's just a wild guess.

azotor's gear list:azotor's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads