PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.05.24 -PART 2

Started May 24, 2014 | Discussions
yyr
yyr Veteran Member • Posts: 8,723
Re: Out my Window

tt321 wrote:

What would the world be if we stop enjoying the views out of our windows

Actually like 2. I'm trying to leave repeat patterns behind but it's difficult.

It's always hard to break out of a rut, no matter how shallow it is. Go somewhere new to shoot is what I might suggest.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Leica T Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander 10.5mm F0.95 Nokton +5 more
jeffpix
jeffpix Regular Member • Posts: 479
Re: PART 2- This Week...Polo action

Hello All,

Here are some photos of a polo match.

The light was harsh -- mid-day. In retrospect, I should have done more to control the backgrounds. But it was a lot of fun, and I have some ideas for how to do it better next time. More in my gallery.

All suggestions welcome.

Best regards,

Jeff

jeffpix's gear list:jeffpix's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +7 more
chrisjjb
chrisjjb Contributing Member • Posts: 547
B&W in North Devon

Thought i would play with some B&W this week

Lynmouth Steam Cliff Lift

Lynmouth beach... man with ice cream not impressed with being in shot

Lyn Gorge

Local Church (let my stepdaughter have a play and this was her best shot)

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisjjb
All answers are replies, but not all replies are answers

chrisjjb's gear list:chrisjjb's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D7200 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C +3 more
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 15,553
Re: PART 2- This Week...Polo action

Yeah - some great 'poses' by the horses here but you're right - the backgrounds are a little distracting here and there.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +5 more
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 15,553
Re: B&W in North Devon

I like the third the most of these. Particularly the chap on the left. Good framing and sky too.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +5 more
tt321
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,119
Re: 2D

yyr wrote:

Interesting idea - is that yellow paint from lines ?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

No it's lichen. Up North they live everywhere.

LMNCT Veteran Member • Posts: 4,899
Re: One of my cats with 12-40 2.8

What a beautiful cat.  Is it a special breed?  Excellent shot too.

LMNCT's gear list:LMNCT's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic G85 +23 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 29,254
Re: B&W in North Devon

A nice set and fine conversions.  The second is the star for me but the first is also very good.

Andrew

Bhima78 Senior Member • Posts: 2,746
My Niece.

Shot with an EM-10 and a Sigma 60mm 2.8

Bhima78's gear list:Bhima78's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
GeorgianBay1939
GeorgianBay1939 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,044
Re: Unknown birdies a little further north ...

Tony8232 wrote:

Great Shots! And very fine images here too!

I came across this fellow last week, VERY briefly as it flew off with my eye stuck to the EVF. So I have no other information. A warbler perhaps:

Unknown Bird near Britt ON on Georgian Bay.

This fellow hung around for a while, posing for the camera! Perhaps a finch?

Unknown Bird, a bit inland from the Georgian Bay Coast.

Can you ID these please?

Many thanks,

Tom

Thanks Tony!  Yes! That first one is definitely a Yellow warbler.  I don't know how to use that Cornell site well enough yet!

Second one?  That is a huge beak.  grosbeak type.

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +10 more
GeorgianBay1939
Re: Unknown birdies a little further north ...

SHood wrote:

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

Great Shots! And very fine images here too!

I came across this fellow last week, VERY briefly as it flew off with my eye stuck to the EVF. So I have no other information. A warbler perhaps:

Unknown Bird near Britt ON on Georgian Bay.

This fellow hung around for a while, posing for the camera! Perhaps a finch?

Unknown Bird, a bit inland from the Georgian Bay Coast.

Can you ID these please?

Many thanks,

Tom

Very nice. The first is a male Yellow Warbler. The 2nd is a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak. The females of many small birds can be tricky as they usually don't have the same colouring as the male.

This is an image of mine of the same female Grosbeak from 3 years ago. The shape of the beak is the dead giveaway that it is from the Grosbeak family. I had just started birding at the time and didn't know what bird it was until l looked through some books.

Female Rose-breasted Grosbeak

And here is the more colorful male.

Male Rose-breasted Grosbeak

-- hide signature --

Those are great!  Many thanks.  I used to see lots of MALE Rose breasted Grosbeaks around here, but not so many lately (the last 5 years or so).  Same with Pine Grosbeaks and Evening Grosbeaks.  I never did learn to ID any of the females.

I will certainly try to find that Yellow Warbler again.  A neighbour in the area said that he saw one a week or so ago, but I didn't make the connection.  In a huge willow beside the shoreline of the Bay.  I hope that it is nesting there. Same  goes for the Grosbeak, which  I saw about a mile inland from the Bay.

Thanks a lot for the IDs and the extra pics.  Very fine!

t

Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +10 more
FrankS009
FrankS009 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,751
Through my hotel room window

Have East Coast photos still to process, but just to join the "out the window" posting party I am including this shot taken through the rather dirty window of my hotel room in Toronto the day before yesterday.

F.

-- hide signature --

"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others." David duChemin

GeorgianBay1939
Re: Redwinged Blackbird in Flight

sb123 wrote:

Whatcom Falls S.P. WA. GM1 + 100-300, handheld.

-- hide signature --

Steve Barnett

Great shot!  Did you get it just after it launched, with AF-S?

I've been trying to get a good one of those  rascals all spring ... so far unsuccessfully.  I can't even get a good (close) one sitting on a cattail!  Going have to learn to sneak up on them better or sit in the reeds and wait for one I guess!

Fun lens, eh?

Tom

FrankS009
Re: PART 2- Cape Cod

Two and three are quite lovely.

F.

-- hide signature --

"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others." David duChemin

sb123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,161

I got it right after it launched with AFC and wide AF pattern. AFC on the GM1 is pretty fast and it's not rare to get dead-on BIF with it.

FrankS009
Re: iris, columbine and some abstracts

The first and last are special. The last is very arresting in particular - a wonderful photo.

F.

-- hide signature --

GeorgianBay1939

sb123 wrote:

I got it right after it launched with AFC and wide AF pattern. AFC on the GM1 is pretty fast and it's not rare to get dead-on BIF with it.

Ah, thank you.  That is a rare great shot!

Most of the really GOOD BIFs that I get are right after launch, while the bird is still in the focus zone for the still.  I am normally shooting in AFS and have been lucky a few times.  I have yet to try AFC with my new GH4.

I'll spend some time practicing shooting gulls in the air with AFC this summer, when I am out on my boat!

Thanks a lot.

t

FredB Contributing Member • Posts: 828
Sensual night

25mm 1.4

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/fbiv/

FredB's gear list:FredB's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +6 more
Michael Kilpatrick Senior Member • Posts: 1,079
Re: One of my cats with 12-40 2.8

Thanks. He is a Maine Coon - an American breed, now popular in Australia. They are the largest domestic cat and typically have a very gentle, affectionate disposition.

-- hide signature --

Michael Kilpatrick
www.pbase.com/mrk03

GeorgianBay1939
Re: Through my hotel room window

I like the shot, Frank.

Since your left hand vertical border is aligned with the buildings, did you try to do the same to the right hand side in post?   I dunno how it would work, but it is worth trying to compare with the existing framing.

Great composition of rectangles.  Too bad you had to be a S.O.B.* to do that!

Tom

* S.O.B. = South Of Barrie (or Britt)

t

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads