what about online 3d image creating?

Started May 20, 2014 | Discussions
mindboy New Member • Posts: 15
what about online 3d image creating?

Hello there!

I coded a web page addressed Create 3D Photo to create 3d-anaglyph images online. But i want to learn how much people need kind of online software like this? will this software be useful for people? and any advices would be appreciated..

Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 11,702
Re: what about online 3d image creating?

My Fuji Real 3D W3 takes side-by-side images and combines them into a single MPO file. If I wish to produce a anaglyph image I use the free StereoPhoto Maker program to convert the two images contained in the MPO file. No need to deal with time wasting internet uploads and downloads.

StereoPhoto Maker (English)

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +10 more
OP mindboy New Member • Posts: 15

thank you for your answer. I agree and know that there are lots of smart photo taking and editing machines. But i was thinking this software could help someone who is not using those kind of machines and kind of a non-professional photographer.

Simon Zeev
Simon Zeev Senior Member • Posts: 2,818

I am an amateur. I take 3D images with 2 cameras together and process them with StereoPhoto Maker. No need for an internet site.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Zeev
Simon = family name so... call me Zeev!
http://public.fotki.com/zeev-simon/
http://picasaweb.google.com/zeev.simon

Simon Zeev's gear list:Simon Zeev's gear list
Canon PowerShot S1 IS Ricoh Caplio GX100 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +1 more
Turbguy1
Turbguy1 Contributing Member • Posts: 950

I am certain that some might use your online "engine".  However, it would be appropriate to also point them to StereoPhotoMaker (SPM) on your page.  SPM can do MUCH more than your engine, and does it locally.  Uploading large image files can be very time consuming for some.

Potential advantages of SPM:

Does your engine "auto-align" misaligned images?  SPM does, with one click.

Does your engine set the stereo window?  SPM does, with simple cursor keys.

Does you engine display and save files in various Stereo formats (including multiple anaglyph types)? SPM does.

-- hide signature --
 Turbguy1's gear list:Turbguy1's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D300 +3 more

Yes ofcourse SPM is more intelligent than my software. it is even undiscussable. I created this one for someone who wants create one or two 3d images whithout downloading and installing any software. But for the others i understood that i have to make it more intelligent.

by the way i took a look to your gallery and love it

thank you for your answer

MOD Joseph S Wisniewski Forum Pro • Posts: 34,130
someone who wants create one or two 3d images

mindboy wrote:

Yes ofcourse SPM is more intelligent than my software. it is even undiscussable. I created this one for someone who wants create one or two 3d images whithout downloading and installing any software. But for the others i understood that i have to make it more intelligent.

Then you haven't "understood" anything.

It's the person who only shoots one or two stereo images who needs the most powerful software. That "casual" shooter doesn't have a 3D camera, or a slide bar to produce well aligned images. They shoot, move the camera, and shoot again ( Cha Cha method, etc). If the camera is on automatic exposure, it may shift exposure or white balance between the two images.

Simon mentioned things like automatic alignment. There's also exposure matching and color matching. And that vital final step of setting your display window. All of which need to be done automatically for the casual shooter.

Have a look at other web-based products.  The successful ones are things that use server-side power to automatically do sophisticated things so that the user never sees those things happening: they just reap the benefits.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.
Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.
Ciao! Joseph
www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +43 more
Turbguy1

I see what you mean, a "trial site" to see if stereo photography is of interest. If that's so, you should at least include  "behind the scenes" auto-alignment to avoid any viewer headaches....

-- hide signature --
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D300 +3 more
aandbrendering
aandbrendering New Member • Posts: 6

I cannot understand what kind of software are you looking for ?
 The website did not share any software information ?

Sorry, im not looking for any software, Create 3D Photo  web site is an online software that people can create 3d pictures by using. Im just asking for new ideas or opinions about it how to make it better or any other advices else..

But if someone ask about source code i can help ofcourse..

I think it is the point i should study for. i mean about auto-alignment. Just started to change something for this improvment.

thank you.

threed123
threed123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,117

Like all things, they start simple and improve over time. If building the website is your passion, then so be it. Don't be discouraged by all the comments here. Use them as suggestions, improve and in time people will use your site. Having a posting gallery is a sure why to attract people.

Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Senior Member • Posts: 1,788

I am interested, especially since your software is aimed at MAC OS X which Stereo Photo Maker is not. Your samples have excellent depth and good subject matter. Perhaps my hesitation is downloading anything new and free online without knowing how it works and how much file space and so on. Still, I am sure there will be a MAC user interest. Keep in touch with the forum as you embellish your web site. And make it for the simple of heart non geeks. I have a Fuji camera that I am using, but have a bunch of left and right stereo slides as well that might well be digitized for the generations to come....aloha, and good tidings.  P S:  I left Windows for good and will not fool around with emulation software. Not a good experience frankly, slow and buggy.  But I expect that stereo is ideal for a graphics oriented OS like MAC, correct? Gerry

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Olympus E-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +2 more
Turbguy1

While Mac has advantages, you have to ask why does Apple have no support for Stereo anything?

Sorry about the way you feel about windoz, but that's where you need to be for the BEST stereophotography support, at least for now.

-- hide signature --
hdr Senior Member • Posts: 2,836

Turbguy1 wrote:

While Mac has advantages, you have to ask why does Apple have no support for Stereo anything?

Sorry about the way you feel about windoz, but that's where you need to be for the BEST stereophotography support, at least for now.

The Mac may not have utilities for 3D creation, but it is certainly one of the best platforms for enjoying 3D on screen.

-- hide signature --

Depth has been the mizzing dimenzion for long enough. But still, few are bothered with 3D.
My favourite 3D-pair site:- http://www.SingaporeGallery.com

MOD Joseph S Wisniewski Forum Pro • Posts: 34,130
You ask "why does Apple have no support?"

Turbguy1 wrote:

While Mac has advantages,

That's a common misconception.

you have to ask why does Apple have no support for Stereo anything?

Simple.

Because 3D, as we know it today, is dominated by experimenters, tinkerers, adventurers, people who create in the free software community for the pure love of creation. That's simply not the Apple world.

And because programmers hate writing for the Mac. You spend more on hardware, and climb a more difficult learning curve on your programming tools, to reach a smaller, less literate audience. An audience that, despite paying insane premiums for their fashion-accessory fruit-flavored computer-substitute, is loath to pay for software (and has little qualms about piracy).

• In a quest to "look different" Apple created a weird programming language called "objectionable C". After a decade of suffering through that, they're trying to replace that with something even worse. It's one thing to sacrifice usability in the pursuit of "looking different" for the general users, but when you make your programming languages unnecessarily difficult, well, it's game over for software development.
  • Windows has had stable, reliable, free programming environments for years. Apple's free programming environment, Xcode, was launched in 2003, and was laughably unstable (multiple crashes daily) until version 4.1 in 2010.
  • Little things, like in windows, you do source control with the free, easy to use TortiseSVN or TortiseGIT. On the fruit-flavored computer-substitute, you pay $60 for an SVN client called Versions that crashes daily.
  • Apple's libraries are inconsistent and non orthogonal so programming causes cognitive dissonance.

Even using a cross platform framework like wxWindows hasn't gotten the Mac much in the way of support. Although we wouldn't have Audacity for the Mac without it.

Sorry about the way you feel about windoz, but that's where you need to be for the BEST stereophotography support, at least for now

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.
Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.
Ciao! Joseph
www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +43 more
Re: You ask "why does Apple have no support?"

Hello,

thank you very much for your informations and advices. Now I see people are using the software much more.. But there is still some deficiencies on web site. Actually I had never been tested the web site on Mac.. So I will improve it. The next development will be to make it usable on mobile devices. now its not uploading picture because of a library.

Create 3D Photo will be a useful and free online anaglyph image maker as well.

Thank you very much.

I had a lot of response from the Forum about my online 3d-anaglyph image creator: Create 3D Photo

After responses I realized that my software was not supported on mobile browsers. And I have change javascript library of uploding picture.

Altough it is not supported by Opera browser people can use Chrome for IOS to use the software. For android machines it is perfectly working now.

Thank you to everyone who gave or wil make advices and/or criticism.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads