Playmemories Home starting automatically

Started May 20, 2014 | Discussions
Renard DellaFave
Renard DellaFave Contributing Member • Posts: 796
Playmemories Home starting automatically
1

Is there any way (Mac OS) to keep Playmemories from starting up every time I connect the camera?

Canon's software did that too, but you could disable it with a setting in Image Capture.

I see there is a com.sony.SonyAutoLauncher.agent.plist file in /Library/LaunchAgents and I'm guessing deleting that might do it, but just checking here first in case there's a more orthodox way to do it. There's also a folder in "/Library/Application Support/Sony Application Launcher" that I'm tempted to delete.

Sony's support chat says there is no way to disable it.

 Renard DellaFave's gear list:Renard DellaFave's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 Sony Wx350 +2 more
FramerDave Contributing Member • Posts: 653
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

Renard DellaFave wrote:

Is there any way (Mac OS) to keep Playmemories from starting up every time I connect the camera?

Canon's software did that too, but you could disable it with a setting in Image Capture.

I see there is a com.sony.SonyAutoLauncher.agent.plist file in /Library/LaunchAgents and I'm guessing deleting that might do it, but just checking here first in case there's a more orthodox way to do it. There's also a folder in "/Library/Application Support/Sony Application Launcher" that I'm tempted to delete.

Sony's support chat says there is no way to disable it.

I don't see why the Mac version would be different from PC where you can just go into Tools and setting and uncheck the first import box and apply.

Renard DellaFave
OP Renard DellaFave Contributing Member • Posts: 796
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

The closest the Mac verison gets is a "Import with PMH when a device connected" checkbox under Preferences->Import.

Not sure what that does, as I have never left it checked.  I assume it stops auto importing, but it doesn't stop auto-launching of the main PMH app.

 Renard DellaFave's gear list:Renard DellaFave's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 Sony Wx350 +2 more
FolkLive New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

Hi FramerDave,

I wondered if you ever found a resolution to your Autolaunch issue? I have the same issue and would love to find a resolution.

FolkLive

droot New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

What worked for me is removing the file com.sony.SonyAutoLauncher.agent.plist from (HD)/Library/LaunchAgents. On connecting the camera Playmemories Home does not automatically launch, but can be started manually.

Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 34,862
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

droot wrote:

What worked for me is removing the file com.sony.SonyAutoLauncher.agent.plist from (HD)/Library/LaunchAgents. On connecting the camera Playmemories Home does not automatically launch, but can be started manually.

I would think you can look in startup programs and disable anything related to sony??

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Bruce Dunkle Regular Member • Posts: 311
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

Hi Bill - I think Apple can solve your problem with their Support service.  I've got

a MacBook Pro, and every issue I've had has been solved using the chat function

available through Support.  They're very friendly and helpful.

Bruce

-- hide signature --

Bruce Dunkle

Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 34,862
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

Bruce Dunkle wrote:

Hi Bill - I think Apple can solve your problem with their Support service. I've got

a MacBook Pro, and every issue I've had has been solved using the chat function

available through Support. They're very friendly and helpful.

Bruce

Buce I was just suggesting to ? I don't even have playmemories app.

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Bruce Dunkle Regular Member • Posts: 311
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

Sorry, my post should have been to the original poster.

-- hide signature --

Bruce Dunkle

SciBob New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

droot wrote:

What worked for me is removing the file com.sony.SonyAutoLauncher.agent.plist from (HD)/Library/LaunchAgents. On connecting the camera Playmemories Home does not automatically launch, but can be started manually.

This worked for me (Mac High Sierra). Don't forget you need to restart after deleting the Launch Agents. I found the agents were still active until I restarted.

texdpl Regular Member • Posts: 359
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

On a Mac you find it under Playmemories Home Preferences .

-- hide signature --

Don L.

 texdpl's gear list:texdpl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a7 III Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 13,511
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

Why are you connecting your camera? Don't you have a card-slot or a card-reader?

-- hide signature --
texdpl Regular Member • Posts: 359
Re: Playmemories Home starting automatically

Live view on a computer screen is pretty nice.

-- hide signature --

Don L.

 texdpl's gear list:texdpl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a7 III Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads