International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2

Started May 3, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
D70Norway
D70Norway Regular Member • Posts: 498
International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2
10

Finally got my back-ordered Fujinon 56mm f1.2 about a week ago. What a better way of testing this lens with some street portraits at the International Workers’ Day. I went f1,2 all day to see how the 56mm and XT-1 would hold up.

Check it out in my blog if you like: http://kjetilkvienmadsen.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/international-workers-day-in-oslo-shot-with-the-fujinon-56mm-f1-2/

Blog: http://kjetilkvienmadsen.wordpress.com/
Website: http://www.kkmfoto.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kkmphotography
Facebook automotive photography: https://www.facebook.com/kkmfoto

 D70Norway's gear list:D70Norway's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +9 more
bensherman Regular Member • Posts: 484
Re: International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2

Color,sharpness and WB spot on!!....how was your impression?

D70Norway
D70Norway OP Regular Member • Posts: 498
Re: International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2

bensherman wrote:

Color,sharpness and WB spot on!!....how was your impression?

Thanks bensherman

i Wrote some words in my blog: http://kjetilkvienmadsen.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/international-workers-day-in-oslo-shot-with-the-fujinon-56mm-f1-2/

I would sum it up as:

  • Focus accuracy is very good.
  • Hunts sometimes in low contrast (As expected)
  • Sharpness wide open is really great (And i own a lot of other great glass like the Nikon 200 f2.0 for comparison)
  • Image quality is great, and i really like the bokeh
 D70Norway's gear list:D70Norway's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +9 more
bensherman Regular Member • Posts: 484
Re: International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2

D70Norway wrote:

bensherman wrote:

Color,sharpness and WB spot on!!....how was your impression?

Thanks bensherman

i Wrote some words in my blog: http://kjetilkvienmadsen.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/international-workers-day-in-oslo-shot-with-the-fujinon-56mm-f1-2/

I would sum it up as:

  • Focus accuracy is very good.
  • Hunts sometimes in low contrast (As expected)
  • Sharpness wide open is really great (And i own a lot of other great glass like the Nikon 200 f2.0 for comparison)
  • Image quality is great, and i really like the bokeh

Good to know that..I am planning to buy one here in UK but there's a rumor that some copies have aperture ring that is not perfectly well aligned with the numbers (aperture). How is your copy?

D70Norway
D70Norway OP Regular Member • Posts: 498
Re: International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2

bensherman wrote:

D70Norway wrote:

bensherman wrote:

Color,sharpness and WB spot on!!....how was your impression?

Thanks bensherman

i Wrote some words in my blog: http://kjetilkvienmadsen.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/international-workers-day-in-oslo-shot-with-the-fujinon-56mm-f1-2/

I would sum it up as:

  • Focus accuracy is very good.
  • Hunts sometimes in low contrast (As expected)
  • Sharpness wide open is really great (And i own a lot of other great glass like the Nikon 200 f2.0 for comparison)
  • Image quality is great, and i really like the bokeh

Good to know that..I am planning to buy one here in UK but there's a rumor that some copies have aperture ring that is not perfectly well aligned with the numbers (aperture). How is your copy?

Its fine:

 D70Norway's gear list:D70Norway's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +9 more
bensherman Regular Member • Posts: 484
Re: International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2
1

Many thanks for your prompt reply... I checked out your blog and I was very pleased with the content.

BlueJakester
BlueJakester Senior Member • Posts: 2,110
Re: International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2
1

Nice shooting. I checked out your blog too. The first image of the man holding the flag is definitely more striking in B&W than in color. Well done!

arbuz Senior Member • Posts: 2,247
Re: International Workers’ Day in Oslo, shot with the Fujinon 56mm f1.2

I am not convinced this usage of DOF makes sense, at lest to me. Iwould prefer to see more on  these pictures i.e. more DOF, people and object in focus and not out of focus. OOF does not add to these images anything.

 arbuz's gear list:arbuz's gear list
Nikon D600 Samsung NX300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Samsung NX30 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads