I have decided to cancel my pre-order a77II...

Started May 2, 2014 | Discussions
EvilOne
EvilOne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,507
Re: I have decided to cancel my pre-order a77II...

Silver????

You would have thought Sony learned their lesson with the Sony Gen I 70-400  silver color. They made a few siver camera bodies that never flew either.

EvilOne's gear list:EvilOne's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Nikon Coolpix 990 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +5 more
Silverback46
OP Silverback46 Senior Member • Posts: 1,367

EvilOne wrote:

Silver????

You would have thought Sony learned their lesson with the

Sony Gen I 70-400 silver color. They made a few siver camera bodies that never flew either.

Something dark and sinister is afoot here.... until we get to the bottom of this everyone is a suspect. Hmmm interesting name EvilOne....we will be watching

Silver

Silverback46's gear list:Silverback46's gear list
Sony a77 II Fujifilm X-T20 Sony a7 III
Jim Funston Senior Member • Posts: 1,698

tbcass wrote:

Silverback46 wrote:

.... I just don't like Sony changing the orange Alpha symbol to silver...why Sony why?? It looks like my humble a58 now!!

That is serious because silver will likely reflect more light thus destroying the IQ when viewed at 1000%.

Maybe this is why they removed the focus light as the silver badging takes it's place..... devious!!!!

Brian_Smith
Brian_Smith Veteran Member • Posts: 3,115
 Brian_Smith's gear list:Brian_Smith's gear list
Sony a7 III
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 8,313
Silver To Orange

yeah, silver back to orange, love it. LOL

Brian_Smith wrote:

Brian, although we are joking about this I think a brand logo is a serious statement and should not be tampered with.

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700, R1, w/Zeiss + Sony G Glass
My Picasa Albums: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109849611643818398019/albums My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheWillybug

Silverback46

Brian_Smith wrote:

Sure Brian... after all of my investigative work now you jump in!!!! I really liked the nail polish idea too! If I buy these in dry erase in may still be a fashion thing.

I hope this doesn't ruin my chances to be a Sony Artisan??

Silver

Miike Dougherty
Miike Dougherty Contributing Member • Posts: 764
Re: They did WHAT...?????

Raven Falls wrote:

Silver? Boy, am I ever glad I bought another original A77 body instead!!!

"Silver".  Isn't that the name of the new NBA commissioner that banned Don "Sterling", owner of the Clippers, from ever attending another NBA game?

Miike Dougherty's gear list:Miike Dougherty's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG HSM +5 more
Calico Jack Senior Member • Posts: 2,306
Well, in that case . . .

Ahoy!

We'll all be selling-up and migrating to another brand (I'm serious)!  I'm not fussed about GPS, Wi-Fi or whether it'll walk the dog, just give me a product that will at least provide the best of the competition in one package that's affordable.

IF those who are waiting for this body to come onto the market are expecting something stellar, will be actually be viable in financial terms to sell your A77, A65 or whatever in order to buy it?

Gizmo's and worthless gadgets have no place in a modern camera, but if you peel off the layers (like an onion), what exactly is it that this new model has to offer that you can't get elsewhere?  How long have Sony shooters been screaming out for low noise high ISO capability to match Nikon, or the additional TIFF and DNG file formats of Pentax and the pro level bodies of Canon?

If the A77 II isn't what prospective buyers want or expected, maybe it's time to look for pastures new.

-- hide signature --

Mark (aka Pirate!)

Calico Jack's gear list:Calico Jack's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +26 more
Silverback46
Re: Well, in that case . . .

Calico Jack wrote:

Ahoy!

We'll all be selling-up and migrating to another brand (I'm serious)! I'm not fussed about GPS, Wi-Fi or whether it'll walk the dog, just give me a product that will at least provide the best of the competition in one package that's affordable.

IF those who are waiting for this body to come onto the market are expecting something stellar, will be actually be viable in financial terms to sell your A77, A65 or whatever in order to buy it?

Gizmo's and worthless gadgets have no place in a modern camera, but if you peel off the layers (like an onion), what exactly is it that this new model has to offer that you can't get elsewhere? How long have Sony shooters been screaming out for low noise high ISO capability to match Nikon, or the additional TIFF and DNG file formats of Pentax and the pro level bodies of Canon?

If the A77 II isn't what prospective buyers want or expected, maybe it's time to look for pastures new.

Arrrg Jack!

With this type of talk we will have to set you adrift without the benefit of the in body GPS!! You will float in the seas of despair...!

Silver

K E Hoffman
K E Hoffman Veteran Member • Posts: 5,103
Re: Well, in that case . . .

Calico Jack wrote:

Ahoy!

We'll all be selling-up and migrating to another brand (I'm serious)! I'm not fussed about GPS, Wi-Fi or whether it'll walk the dog, just give me a product that will at least provide the best of the competition in one package that's affordable.

Gizmo's and worthless gadgets have no place in a modern camera, but if you peel off the layers (like an onion), what exactly is it that this new model has to offer that you can't get elsewhere? How long have Sony shooters been screaming out for low noise high ISO capability to match Nikon, or the additional TIFF and DNG file formats of Pentax and the pro level bodies of Canon?

Hang on there.!!. We have a current recount going on the election of "Spokesperson for All Camera Buyers"  There are questions about the chads in Florida.. so you might have to back down and speak for yourself alone until we have recounted Florida where there are only 500 votes separating you and Ken Rockwell.

I for one have never cared about in camera TIFF nor DNG.  Too easy to get the most up to date formats when I offload my images from the software.  Always assumed this was a marketing gimmick that Pentax used to be different where it didn't affect actual image capture. Though the star movement tracking in Pentax is cool..

I as of yet have not seen what the ISO performance is vs a D7100.. I am sure you are not comparing the APC expectations to FF.. no rational person would ever do that..   If your NSA briefing given to candidates only.. has more data on A77II actual ISO performance.. Can you tell us which Nikon cameras they did a controlled comparison to?

WE will notify your Campaign manager as soon as possible about your universal spokes person status..

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a6500 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
MisterAndrew
MisterAndrew Forum Member • Posts: 89

Silverback46 wrote:

.... I just don't like Sony changing the orange Alpha symbol to silver...why Sony why?? It looks like my humble a58 now!!

Hmmm then again Silver is my nickname...I may have to reconsider this!!!

Silver

Just replace it with the orange alpha logo. It's part # 4-143-883-11. $15.95 from Sony.

MisterAndrew's gear list:MisterAndrew's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 +15 more
Silverback46

MisterAndrew wrote:

Silverback46 wrote:

Silver

Just replace it with the orange alpha logo. It's part # 4-143-883-11. $15.95 from Sony.

$15.95??? Maybe that's why they switched to silver. There may be something in the orange dye that costs more. I am liking my nail polish idea more and more! My wife may become suspicious when I start going through the polish though.

Silver

MisterAndrew
MisterAndrew Forum Member • Posts: 89

I can't imagine it actually costs them less to make the silver one (part # 4-143-883-31), but it is listed at a few dollars less to purchase. $11.75. I suppose even if they saved 1 cent per camera by going with the silver then they would do it.

MisterAndrew's gear list:MisterAndrew's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 +15 more
AarSee
AarSee Veteran Member • Posts: 4,674

Silverback46 wrote:

Silver

You mean it used to be Orange?  Wow I will have to look.

Yep, you were right it was Orange.

Now I will have to put that in my 'con' column for my Get a A77II list.

Silver, what were they thinking?  Har-umpff

-- hide signature --

Rick

AarSee's gear list:AarSee's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony a6500 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +11 more
Silverback46

AarSee wrote:

Silverback46 wrote:

Silver

You mean it used to be Orange? Wow I will have to look.

Silver, what were they thinking? Har-umpff

Rick this might just be as big a conspiracy as the Roswell New Mexico situation. Why silver, why not gold or a nice blue?? It may take some time but we will get to the bottom of this :). I have talked to the Cadbury Caramel people...they have offered to assist. There is a suspicious rumor floating around that Sony hired the guy who thought Coke should change their original recipe!!

Silver

enemjii Senior Member • Posts: 1,889
Good Call

Silverback46 wrote:

Silver

wait for the next iteration when it turns Green!

-- hide signature --
 enemjii's gear list:enemjii's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony a77 II Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +6 more
AarSee
AarSee Veteran Member • Posts: 4,674

Silverback46 wrote:

AarSee wrote:

Silverback46 wrote:

Silver

You mean it used to be Orange? Wow I will have to look.

Silver, what were they thinking? Har-umpff

Rick this might just be as big a conspiracy as the Roswell New Mexico situation. Why silver, why not gold or a nice blue?? It may take some time but we will get to the bottom of this :). I have talked to the Cadbury Caramel people...they have offered to assist. There is a suspicious rumor floating around that Sony hired the guy who thought Coke should change their original recipe!!

Silver

Ah, I think you might be on to something there.

Did you notice that the new color looks suspiciously like "tinfoil"?

Coincidence?

This "logo-gate" scandal makes Watergate look like kids stuff.

It is like an onion. Peel back one layer after another. Where does it stop?

-- hide signature --

Rick

AarSee's gear list:AarSee's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony a6500 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +11 more
cplunk Senior Member • Posts: 1,834
Re: Good Call

enemjii wrote:

Silverback46 wrote:

Silver

They're going to turn it green?!?!?!

How horribly short sighted and dumb can they be?

I'm going to start selling off all my A mount equipment right now, I can't continue with a system that uses a green logo!!!!

If anyone needs a A330 and a Minolta 35-80mm f4.5-5.6 let me know.  This loss of business will certainly be the death of Sony!!!

cplunk's gear list:cplunk's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a6300 +19 more
Silverback46
Re: Good Call

enemjii wrote:

Silverback46 wrote:

Silver

Green???? Geez lets hope it doesn't come to that!!

Silver

PiscesNH69 New Member • Posts: 15

Why not offer personalization and make money out of it?  I actually like the mustard/yellow color that I can see in DPReview's "Reviews/Previews" webpage.  I think it really looks good against black background.

PiscesNH69's gear list:PiscesNH69's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A65 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads