I have decided to cancel my pre-order a77II...

Started May 2, 2014 | Discussions
Silverback46
Silverback46 Senior Member • Posts: 1,367
I have decided to cancel my pre-order a77II...

.... I just don't like Sony changing the orange Alpha symbol to silver...why Sony why?? It looks like my humble a58 now!!

Hmmm then again Silver is my nickname...I may have to reconsider this!!!

Silver

Silverback46's gear list:Silverback46's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T20
Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ron Poelman
Ron Poelman Veteran Member • Posts: 7,069
Better than NavelBack, I guess.

But you're right, more pointless tinkering
with things they've spent years building up.

Ron Poelman's gear list:Ron Poelman's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a7R Sony a77 II +19 more
Silverback46
OP Silverback46 Senior Member • Posts: 1,367
Re: Better than NavelBack, I guess.

Navelback conjures up a scary image! Funny why companies do little things like that. I actually liked the orange but silver isn't bad.

Silver

sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 12,476
Re: I have decided to cancel my pre-order a77II...

I'm also cancelling my pre-order (that I placed yesterday based on the announced specs) due to unimpressive JPGs I saw somewhere today. Next week, after seeing better JPGs somewhere else I'll place another pre-order with a different vendor promising an earlier delivery time than the first vendor. Three weeks after that I'll cancel that pre-order and pre-order from a third vendor offering a free SD card. When I eventually receive the camera three weeks after that, I'll immediately hate it and return it for a refund. The following week I'll see really good reviews and reconsider, and buy another one from the first vendor, which I will audition for thirty days while I make my 'final' decision. This is of course my routine procedure when any new Sony camera comes out. I am a 'photography enthusiast'.

Silverback46

sybersitizen wrote:

I'm also cancelling my pre-order (that I placed yesterday based on the announced specs) due to unimpressive JPGs I saw somewhere today. Next week, after seeing better JPGs somewhere else I'll place another pre-order with a different vendor promising an earlier delivery time than the first vendor. Three weeks after that I'll cancel that pre-order and pre-order from a third vendor offering a free SD card. When I eventually receive the camera three weeks after that, I'll immediately hate it and return it for a refund. The following week I'll see really good reviews and reconsider, and buy another one from the first vendor, which I will audition for thirty days while I make my 'final' decision. This is of course my routine procedure when any new Sony camera comes out. I am a 'photography enthusiast'.

We will call this the "Syber" process! Who needs Stockholm syndrome when we have this process?

Silver

Raven Falls Regular Member • Posts: 101
They did WHAT...?????

Silver?  Boy, am I ever glad I bought another original A77 body instead!!! 

Raven Falls's gear list:Raven Falls's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 +5 more
K E Hoffman
K E Hoffman Veteran Member • Posts: 5,103

I am with you how can you do photography with that kind of change... It ruins the whole experience.. Its important to chose cameras bases on the stuff that really affects the image. Smart move

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a6500 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +3 more
Hugo600si Contributing Member • Posts: 813

Silverback46 wrote:

.... I just don't like Sony changing the orange Alpha symbol to silver...why Sony why?? It looks like my humble a58 now!!

Silver

This is just so horribly inconsistent, first they change my beloved 70-400G from an initially hated silver to white just after I started liking silver, and now they change the orange heritage to silver, it should have been gold to at least match my Minolta 600si 'classic' logo. This is just horrible, I'll cancel all my pre-orders and will not pick up my new lens today. What is next, a silver Zeiss logo?

After initially not liking the GPS being gone I'm just reflecting today that even though I like it I only used Location data 3 times and removed it from over 20 images for privacy reasons... now if only I could get a normal Minolta flash hotshoe and I'd be happy, as the alternative is using the 58 as a wireless and getting a 42 version as mains... ok, I still like my a77 a lot anyway

-- hide signature --

Shamelessly promoting my favourite painters website (my wife's ) and my handiwork:
http://EdithsArt.com and http://EditshArt.nl (Dutch)

Hugo600si's gear list:Hugo600si's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a7R III Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +9 more
Gary Waugh Senior Member • Posts: 1,762

In addition to applying black electrical tape over the Sony name, you can put a piece over the alpha logo and go incognito.

-- hide signature --

Gary in PA

Gary Waugh Senior Member • Posts: 1,762

Hugo600si wrote:

What is next, a silver Zeiss logo?

Hasselblad.

-- hide signature --

Gary in PA

Chimere
Chimere Senior Member • Posts: 1,659

sybersitizen wrote:

Quite boring and lacking of imagination - a thing so important for us the picture makers. To rev things up and make this trip an experience to remember, leave a legacy behind for your grand kids to get excited about decades from now - why, for good measure, don't you at least plan a short detour into the Nikon or Canon camp ? Danger naturally will be that you could fall in love while hanging out there and than a real juicy hot drama could start. Will you want to miss all that after that disappointing A77 revamp ?

Chimere

Chimere's gear list:Chimere's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Sony a77 II Sony 500mm F8 Reflex Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +3 more
Silverback46
Re: They did WHAT...?????

Raven Falls wrote:

Silver? Boy, am I ever glad I bought another original A77 body instead!!!

I am thinking now they made this change just for me...until I get information that is contrary to this I am good!!

Silver

Silverback46

K E Hoffman wrote:

I am with you how can you do photography with that kind of change... It ruins the whole experience.. Its important to chose cameras bases on the stuff that really affects the image. Smart move

Possibly they hired a Hasselblad designer for this?? Maybe is part of a shared design deal. Sony gives them sensors and they give design advice? We should be thankful they limited it to the logo only!!

Silver

Silverback46

Hugo600si wrote:

Silverback46 wrote:

Silver

This is just so horribly inconsistent, first they change my beloved 70-400G from an initially hated silver to white just after I started liking silver, and now they change the orange heritage to silver, it should have been gold to at least match my Minolta 600si 'classic' logo. This is just horrible, I'll cancel all my pre-orders and will not pick up my new lens today. What is next, a silver Zeiss logo?

After initially not liking the GPS being gone I'm just reflecting today that even though I like it I only used Location data 3 times and removed it from over 20 images for privacy reasons... now if only I could get a normal Minolta flash hotshoe and I'd be happy, as the alternative is using the 58 as a wireless and getting a 42 version as mains... ok, I still like my a77 a lot anyway

I am worried its a Hasselblad designer giving suggestions!! What's next? Designer chipboard grips?? It has to stop!

Like you I actually only used my GPS a few times though it actually was handy then. Necessary no...but handy. Even when I do get my new a77II I will still be keeping the old one.

Silver

tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 41,242

While an exaggeration it's sad that there are people who actually do this!!!

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels
------------
Miss use of the ability to do 100% pixel peeping is the bane of digital photography because it causes people to fret over inconsequential issues.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +10 more
Jim Funston Senior Member • Posts: 1,698

Well badging is one thing but I am surprised someone hasn't beat the deadest of all horses yet and cried about no OVF on the 2. :-). While they are at it might as well complain their is no thumb shot advance lever too

tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 41,242

Silverback46 wrote:

That is serious because silver will likely reflect more light thus destroying the IQ when viewed at 1000%.

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels
------------
Miss use of the ability to do 100% pixel peeping is the bane of digital photography because it causes people to fret over inconsequential issues.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +10 more
Silverback46

Gary Waugh wrote:

In addition to applying black electrical tape over the Sony name, you can put a piece over the alpha logo and go incognito.

I don't know Gary, I already do this when I shoot with my Olympus gear. I may have to break down and hit a pharmacy. I am thinking nail polish may be the solution. I can use any color I like and then remove it after...change it each time I go out to shoot. People will think there is a whole designer line of Sonys out there. Hmm I should run this by Sony I maybe I can get some revenue from this

Silver

Silverback46

Jim Funston wrote:

Well badging is one thing but I am surprised someone hasn't beat the deadest of all horses yet and cried about no OVF on the 2. :-). While they are at it might as well complain their is no thumb shot advance lever too

Baby steps Jim. You are jumping way ahead of the serious issues we have to deal with first!!

Silver

Silverback46

tbcass wrote:

Silverback46 wrote:

That is serious because silver will likely reflect more light thus destroying the IQ when viewed at 1000%.

Tom...I think you are on to something very important here! This may be exactly how they are reducing the light loss of the SLT design!!

Silver

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads