****PHOTO OF THE WEEK-25 April 2014-1 May 2014****
REMINDER: We have 5 votes each, please vote for your 5 favorite photos.
- Post one (1) photo per participant.
- Categories: anything you wish - landscapes, portraits, birds, sports, abstract, your choice.
- Your photo must be no older than 2 weeks from the date you submitted it. (* see explanation below)
- Use any Nikon DX or FX camera.
- This thread ends one week from the start at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (-8 GMT).
- Next tread begins a few hours later
VOTING: Please remember to vote.
- Vote for your 5 favourites by clicking the “Like” button beside the photos.
- Voting begins anytime, ends one week from the start at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (-8 GMT)
- Anyone may vote, even if you didn't post an image.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Please read the 2 items below and follow the instructions - thanks.
- Please reply to the first(original) post and please replace the subject title with the title of your photograph.
- When you make a comment please do not re-post the person’s photo so that we don’t end up with multiple copies of the same image, it makes voting confusing.
The main objective of this event is to get people taking photos on a weekly basis and sharing their single best shot of the week with the rest of us, all in a spirit of light-hearted fun. It’s hoped that participation in this thread will foster community building among the participants, plus motivate us to keep improving our photography skills ranging from creative imagining, to shooting, to processing. The weekly voting is not intended to make this into a highly competitive “contest”, but to provide a sufficient level of motivation to maintain interest over the long term. If you have any questions they were probably addressed in the original discussion thread which you can find at this link:http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3479611
* EXPLANATION for eligible dates of photos:
Why a 2-week period for photos? I received some emails lately saying that a one week period was not long enough to find a subject and to do a good job on the shooting, processing and selection, they feel too rushed. Since the main objective of this challenge is to get us out taking photos on a regular basis rather than just posting old photos from our archives, there's no real difference between one week old photos and two week old photos, they're all new and fresh. Hopefully, this will give those who felt rushed a little more time to relax, enjoy and participate
April 15, 2014
Iloilo Harbor, Philippines. The white building is the immigration/post offices. The day was extremely menacing, although it didn't rain much that day. This is not an HDR image. Topaz brought out the clouds more but not by much. What little sunlight that was getting through helped the building stand out. The dark clouds that look like it was vignetted was not, that was why the day was so menacing, meaner then all get out black clouds made it a great day to photograph.
Post image processing, Adobe Lightroom then over to Topaz for tweeking, then into Photoshop CC for dodging of the white building.
"Life is so simple, but we insist on making it complicated"
Just another day at muscle beach....
just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there isn't someone out to get me, but my
neck gets sore looking over my shoulder......
... Kamcleod and Anada: Beautiful compositions!- both subjects wonderfully enhanced by their backgrounds and foregrounds
Just using the title to try to elevate this unfortunately named skunk cabbage.
Iain--excuse the monochrome (a natural shade). This shot beat out all the multi-colored competition for my fave this week. In a way, you are lucky; I could have shared my black and white version.
... Larry: This one is so crazy.. it works.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%