>>>>> Challenge 233 "Variations" <<<<<

Started Apr 17, 2014 | Discussions
MikePDX
MikePDX Senior Member • Posts: 2,026
My "Variations" are in the Ex

I got my 3 X 3 entries into the Exhibition.

I suspect that voting will be quite a challenge - some excellent stuff in there!

-- hide signature --

-Mike
You can observe a lot by looking - Yogi Berra
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-pdx/collections/

MikePDX's gear list:MikePDX's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II
Stefan Kaben Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
Endika,

It's good to see you up and around, and it's good to hear that Montse is starting to get up and around as well. I can just imagine that she is very tired of 'taking it slow' and I really hope the doctor has some good news for her. We are think of both of you.

And please, let us vote on your trio. Why not?

-- hide signature --
 Stefan Kaben's gear list:Stefan Kaben's gear list
Olympus E-M1
CarloSantos Contributing Member • Posts: 786
outstanding sets folks.
-- hide signature --

Famous Last Words: 'HOLD MY BEER....AND WATCH THIS'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plucknbach/

CarloSantos's gear list:CarloSantos's gear list
Olympus E-330
endikag Regular Member • Posts: 287
Thank you for your kind words!

Hope we can return to our normal life few by few...

Stefan: in case I win the challenge, I've not the time to manage the next challenge yet. I think it's a bit unfair to take the laurels and have to ask somebody else for doing the job... But hey, it's a BIG pleasure to take part again.

endikag's gear list:endikag's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +3 more
yyr
yyr Veteran Member • Posts: 8,694
Re: Thank you for your kind words!

endikag wrote:

Hope we can return to our normal life few by few...

Stefan: in case I win the challenge, I've not the time to manage the next challenge yet. I think it's a bit unfair to take the laurels and have to ask somebody else for doing the job... But hey, it's a BIG pleasure to take part again.

Hi Endika - it's nice to have you back. I've missed your pictures. Please let us vote on your entries. If you win I'll run the challenge for you and I'm sure others will help out if I need them to. You just have to come up with the theme.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
endikag Regular Member • Posts: 287
Ok!

I go for the full game... and posted another series

It can be a bit shocking, I apologize in advance.

endikag's gear list:endikag's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +3 more
yyr
Re: Ok!

Ouch!

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
OP BarryRS Contributing Member • Posts: 880
Galleries are looking good!

I've filled up my quota in the exhibition and have entered a threesome in the competition. Hope you're all having a productive time and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Barry

Canadian Club
Canadian Club Forum Pro • Posts: 41,938
Added two more sets in the Exhibition

I have my quota now.

This challenge is sure interesting.

CC

yyr
First Set in Comp n/t
-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

MercurySoft1
MercurySoft1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,161
One in Exhibition &

one trio in comp.   The groups are so good, this is going to be a really touch one to vote in and we still have the better part of a week to go.

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
Trond Kleiveland Contributing Member • Posts: 598
Put one trio in comp.

kleivis

Trond Kleiveland's gear list:Trond Kleiveland's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
yyr
2nd set in comp n/t
-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

Great stuff!

Just one thing, though, the three Starduster photos and the third one in the Swan series which are all 1920 pixels wide need to be downsized to 800 pixels.

Cheers

Barry

Canadian Club
Canadian Club Forum Pro • Posts: 41,938
Re: Great stuff!

BarryRS wrote:

Just one thing, though, the three Starduster photos and the third one in the Swan series which are all 1920 pixels wide need to be downsized to 800 pixels.

Cheers

Barry

My bad Barry, have changed them.

CC

Art_P
Art_P Veteran Member • Posts: 9,875
Second set in Comp

Yup, those windows again.

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
yyr
Naming of Entries - BARRY

Quite a lot of sets need to have their second and third entry tagged 'Do Not Vote' - unless I've misunderstood something....

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

Re: Naming of Entries - BARRY

You're quite correct, Yaelle, and thanks for the reminder. If everybody does this then it will save me the trouble of doing it before setting up the voting galleries.

Barry

Stefan Kaben Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
Cookin'

The galleries are really cooking. This is proving to be a terrific challenge, Barry. You ought to stick around here more often.

And on the cooking idea, one of my colleagues is about to retire after 35 years on the job. So my wife and I decided to throw him a little picnic luncheon at a local park. It was today with 50 of his closest friends and we (mostly my wife) cooked it all. It was a blast! And now we're totally zonked. But I still managed to put a trio in the comp that I could have titled "Fruit Salad Interruptus."

-- hide signature --
 Stefan Kaben's gear list:Stefan Kaben's gear list
Olympus E-M1
MercurySoft1
MercurySoft1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,161
Put my 3rd Trio in

exhibiton gallery.  Wowza, what a great bunch of trios there are!

NOTE:  I need to reduce the size of those files on that last 3, but it will have to wait until tomorrow night.  I wont forget.  They were initially cropped for 8x10 prints so when reduced they were 800 x 640 instead of 600, and the sq shot needs to go down to 750 x 750.

I'll take care of it asap

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads