>>>>> Challenge 233 "Variations" <<<<<

Started Apr 17, 2014 | Discussions
Brad Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 7,927
Moe, Larry, Curly!

(the Three Stooges for those who are not in, on stupid US comics) will have to find .. three images that become more from the whole, than as individuals

-- hide signature --

Brad Ross

Brad Ross's gear list:Brad Ross's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II
Art_P
Art_P Veteran Member • Posts: 9,875
One set in the comp.

Need to do some digging for the X

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Art_P
Art_P Veteran Member • Posts: 9,875
And one in X

digging up the past

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Stefan Kaben Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
Popped a set in the Comp [nt]

-- hide signature --
 Stefan Kaben's gear list:Stefan Kaben's gear list
Olympus E-M1
MercurySoft1
MercurySoft1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,161
Re: Newbie question

THat gave me a smile!  Just what I need.  I am so tired of SNOW!  We got 11" of fresh snow yesterday, it's April 17, but someone forgot to tell old man winter his welcome is over!  The good news is, they say Easter Sunday it will be 70*, go figure!

I need some sunshine and eggs to hunt.  The snow will melt in a few days, and I swear it better be the last storm of the winter kind until October!

I like the idea of 3 sets of one subject.  As long as we stick to the size regulations it won't bother.   We used to get over 100 entries each challenge.  I would love to see more people join us.

That being said WELCOME FNP!

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
MercurySoft1
MercurySoft1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,161
Barry & other place getters

Barry, I wanted to congratulate you for your winning shot. Yaelle, I loved both of your fantastic shots, you definitely deserved your shots to be up there!  Congrats to John, Colin, and Brad too!

Really wonderful shots in the exhibition also!

I hope to participate more this go round.  I think this nearly a foot of stupid snow is going to be the last!

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
Florida Nature Photographer Veteran Member • Posts: 8,104
Re: Newbie question

MercurySoft1 wrote:

THat gave me a smile!

Nice to hear I accomplished my goal.

Just what I need. I am so tired of SNOW!

I remember how that feels. It is one reason I moved down here.

I swear it better be the last storm of the winter kind until October!

In just over a month we won't see a high tempature under 90 until October.

That being said WELCOME FNP!

Thanks.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
yyr
yyr Veteran Member • Posts: 7,684
Re: Barry & other place getters

MercurySoft1 wrote:

Barry, I wanted to congratulate you for your winning shot. Yaelle, I loved both of your fantastic shots, you definitely deserved your shots to be up there! Congrats to John, Colin, and Brad too!

Really wonderful shots in the exhibition also!

I hope to participate more this go round. I think this nearly a foot of stupid snow is going to be the last!

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

Hi Shirl - nice to see you back and around!

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
Off topic ...

Here is something utterly sexist and possibly of interest: a new magazine just for women photographers:

http://www.clickinmoms.com/click/subscription

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-M1
OP BarryRS Contributing Member • Posts: 880
Re: Barry & other place getters

Thank Shirley.

I can sympathise with you. I may have mentioned before that in my youth I spent a couple of years in Saskatoon and while I took away a lot of positives from there (including a wife ) I found the winters just a bit too long. Six months of snow and 4 of them sub-zero were a bit too much and now, having lived for more than 30 years in Greece, I think it would be even more difficult for me. One thing I do remember though is that the other seasons, while short, were really great and everybody made the most of them.

I'm looking forward to your contributions. We've missed you around here!

Barry

yyr
Re: Off topic ...

Stefan Kaben wrote:

Here is something utterly sexist and possibly of interest: a new magazine just for women photographers:

http://www.clickinmoms.com/click/subscription

Thanks Stefan & it was kind of you to post that but babies, children & flowers? They are the ones perpetuating the divide. I'm at a loss to understand why editors would think that women need a different 'take' on photography.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more

Yeah, I dithered for a few days before even mentioning it.

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-M1
yyr

Stefan Kaben wrote:

Yeah, I dithered for a few days before even mentioning it.

-- hide signature --

Well some will enjoy it. I just get angry when women call for equality and then resort to this. Never mind - I'll go take my meds now

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

Canadian Club
Canadian Club Forum Pro • Posts: 41,938
Posted in Exhibition - 3 Pictures One Set

Neat idea.

CC

Re: 3 In the X

Paul

First many thanks for three superb sets. Perhaps though you could reduce the size of the first one of your third set (This is not a test) to about one third (it's curently about 600kbytes

Cheers

Barry

endikag Regular Member • Posts: 281
Posted three

This morning I had a bit of free time to go out with my camera. I wanted to take part, even out of competition.

Montse is doing better, she has been allowed to change the cast for a special boot, which is much more handy. Next wendsday we'll go visit the doctor. If all is ok, she can start with the recovering exercises. She says "a big hug" to all of you.

endikag's gear list:endikag's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +1 more
Re: Posted three

So nice to see you back here Endika. I can imagine it's been a tough time for you the last couple of months but I'm glad to hear that the recovery process is progressing well even if it is a bit slow.

Very best wishes to Montse

Barry

wearwear
wearwear Regular Member • Posts: 370
Re: 3 In the X

Sorry about that, it's been corrected.

-- hide signature --
 wearwear's gear list:wearwear's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Brad Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 7,927
Add your name the the pics

replace jpeg #1 etc with your name

-- hide signature --

Brad Ross

Brad Ross's gear list:Brad Ross's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II
Canadian Club
Canadian Club Forum Pro • Posts: 41,938
Re: Add your name the the pics

Thanks Have corrected it.

CC