X100S = Awesome

Started Apr 5, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats Contributing Member • Posts: 793
X100S = Awesome
6

I already got myself the XE-2 with 27mm pancake first but i couldn't resist myself from buying the X100S as well. The thing is just so damn sexy and the leaf shutter is awesome and pretty unique. Not to mention the hybrid viewfinder is really cool and the glass on it also rocks.

Selling my 27mm though cause with the X100S in my other hand it becomes a bit pointless.

Anyway here's one of my first photographs with my new X100S.

Cheers!

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
historianx
historianx Senior Member • Posts: 2,556
Re: X100S = Awesome
1

I agree  (Save for the craptacular battery life)  One of my first, with the EF-X20 flash, which did real well with Eneloop XX aaa's.

My Uzbek model Masha styling a "Derby" hat...

 historianx's gear list:historianx's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Fujifilm X100S +5 more
howardfuhrman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,755
Re: X100S = Awesome

Excellent photo.

howardfuhrman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,755
Re: X100S = Awesome

Excellent photo.

CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: X100S = Awesome

Yeah, the battery life. But nothing is perfect.

nice picture

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: X100S = Awesome
 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
historianx
historianx Senior Member • Posts: 2,556
Re: X100S = Awesome

CeleryBeats wrote:

Yeah, the battery life. But nothing is perfect.

nice picture

Thanks!  Yours was quite good as well!

 historianx's gear list:historianx's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Fujifilm X100S +5 more
Dave Sanders Senior Member • Posts: 1,949
Re: X100S = Awesome

An absolute cracker of a photo. Love the composition and the position of the workers relative to the structure.

-- hide signature --

Dave Sanders

CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: X100S = Awesome

Dave Sanders wrote:

An absolute cracker of a photo. Love the composition and the position of the workers relative to the structure.

-- hide signature --

Dave Sanders

Thanks! It was a really fun moment to capture!

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
Cogset
Cogset Senior Member • Posts: 1,417
Re: X100S = Awesome

CeleryBeats wrote:

I already got myself the XE-2 with 27mm pancake first but i couldn't resist myself from buying the X100S as well. The thing is just so damn sexy and the leaf shutter is awesome and pretty unique. Not to mention the hybrid viewfinder is really cool and the glass on it also rocks.

Selling my 27mm though cause with the X100S in my other hand it becomes a bit pointless.

Anyway here's one of my first photographs with my new X100S.

Cheers!

Great Shot!

I keep finding new things to do with the x100s. Here are a few macros from yesterday. For the bike shots, I strapped on a pocket wizard radio trigger and shot with my studio setup (normally used with my Nikons).

Anyway, it's easy to forget it has a great macro mode ... so it's not JUST a 35mm equiv.

-- hide signature --
 Cogset's gear list:Cogset's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: X100S = Awesome

Anyway, it's easy to forget it has a great macro mode ... so it's not JUST a 35mm equiv.

True! The macro ability is pretty good!

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads