does anyone update lumia 1520 to WinPhone 8.1.

Started Apr 4, 2014 | Discussions
Ben O Connor
Ben O Connor Contributing Member • Posts: 983
does anyone update lumia 1520 to WinPhone 8.1.

Lumia 1520 is flagship by its hard&software (well Lumia 1020 is still cam. flagship, and it is lacking of HTC one max type of speakers however... ) I wonder if it can give possibility to upgrade the phone to 8.1 from Lumia black ?

thanks for replying

Ben

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
tom43 Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: does anyone update lumia 1520 to WinPhone 8.1.
 tom43's gear list:tom43's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D3100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +8 more
Ben O Connor
OP Ben O Connor Contributing Member • Posts: 983
Thanks for the info
 Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
Terry L Contributing Member • Posts: 869
Re: does anyone update lumia 1520 to WinPhone 8.1.

I have updated the 1020 by registering as an app developer -- even though I'm not.

The upgrade is worth doing because it solves the annoying problem of the ringer/media player coupled volume control. Now there are discrete controls for both functions.

There are a few aesthetic improvements but for those of us outside the US there is no Cortana.

Bottom line: The upgrade is easy and well worth doing. Just be patient -- it takes time, and with the 1020 had to be done in two stages.

And I should add that before the upgrade the volume control thing was so annoying that I was on the verge of swapping the Nokia for an iPhone. Now there is no way I would do it -- the WinPhone OS is now far superior.

-- hide signature --

Terry Lane
terryl@bigpond.net.au
http://www.dpexpert.com.au

wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 7,170
Update to WinPhone 8.1.

Thanks for your comments. I have considered updating my Lumia 920. It's out of warranty so it's no loss for me. Updating an in warranty phone will most likely void the warranty and the update is irreversable.

Terry L wrote:

I have updated the 1020 by registering as an app developer -- even though I'm not.

The upgrade is worth doing because it solves the annoying problem of the ringer/media player coupled volume control. Now there are discrete controls for both functions.

There are a few aesthetic improvements but for those of us outside the US there is no Cortana.

Bottom line: The upgrade is easy and well worth doing. Just be patient -- it takes time, and with the 1020 had to be done in two stages.

And I should add that before the upgrade the volume control thing was so annoying that I was on the verge of swapping the Nokia for an iPhone. Now there is no way I would do it -- the WinPhone OS is now far superior.

-- hide signature --

Terry Lane
terryl@bigpond.net.au
http://www.dpexpert.com.au

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads