EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4

Started Apr 1, 2014 | Questions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
dfstarman
dfstarman Contributing Member • Posts: 534
EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4

has anyone with the S4 on kitkat  gotten the save photo on the app to work?

If so was there any trick or setting on the phone?

Thanks

 dfstarman's gear list:dfstarman's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus E-M1 +27 more
ANSWER:
alolywu Regular Member • Posts: 337
Android feature

Yes, there is.  Under Wifi Settings, select Advanced.

Deselect Auto network switch.  This "new" feature disconnects any wifi connection that does not connect to the Internet so any Hot Spots created by cameras will be automatically disconnected.

That worked for me.

dfstarman
dfstarman OP Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Re: Android feature

Thanks but that does not affect the ability to save a photo, Mine was not checked

 dfstarman's gear list:dfstarman's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus E-M1 +27 more
alolywu Regular Member • Posts: 337
Re: Android feature

So you can connect to the camera?  You can preview the photos but can't save?

dfstarman wrote:

Thanks but that does not affect the ability to save a photo, Mine was not checked

dfstarman
dfstarman OP Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Re: Android feature

correct, I Can connect and control camera but cannot save

 dfstarman's gear list:dfstarman's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus E-M1 +27 more
smithling Regular Member • Posts: 384
Re: EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4

Are you shooting raw only? I believe only jpgs transfer.

dfstarman
dfstarman OP Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Re: EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4

I normally do shoot raw but spotted that in the doc and tried to save a jpeg same thing "photo not saved"

 dfstarman's gear list:dfstarman's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus E-M1 +27 more
Impulses Senior Member • Posts: 5,123
Re: Android feature

Thanks but that does not affect the ability to save a photo, Mine was not checked

It does actually, if you select it then it'll never work because the phone can't see the internet on your camera so it refuses the connection. Not saying you don't have some other problem, just making sure you don't add to it.

 Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 +31 more
ippiu New Member • Posts: 15
Re: EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4
1

The same problem happened to me with S4 kitkat and em-10.

Oly fixed that with a new version of OI Share: search on google play and download the new OI Share version.

It fix the problem you mentioned and everything works well.

the problem was caused by the fact that who had a smartphone with an extra memory card inserted. If you take out memory card from the phone, it worked. Now they fixed the problem and you can let the extra memory card inside the phone!

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
dfstarman
dfstarman OP Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Re: EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4

I just discovered this before I read your post.

I took out my sd card and it worked ,

YEAH

Now I will try the new release, I did not know about that

That works too Eureka

Grazie

 dfstarman's gear list:dfstarman's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus E-M1 +27 more
dinoSnake Senior Member • Posts: 1,731
Re: EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4

ippiu wrote:

The same problem happened to me with S4 kitkat and em-10.

Oly fixed that with a new version of OI Share: search on google play and download the new OI Share version.

It fix the problem you mentioned and everything works well.

the problem was caused by the fact that who had a smartphone with an extra memory card inserted. If you take out memory card from the phone, it worked. Now they fixed the problem and you can let the extra memory card inside the phone!

Which means that the problem is caused by KitKat"s new handling secondary (external) storage permissions

http://www.doubleencore.com/2014/03/android-external-storage/

it is turning into a royal pain

ippiu New Member • Posts: 15
Re: EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4

dinoSnake wrote:

http://www.doubleencore.com/2014/03/android-external-storage/

it is turning into a royal pain

Pain? Everything works fine now after installing the new OI Share version...

dinoSnake Senior Member • Posts: 1,731
Re: EM-1 Wifi question with Samsung S4

ippiu wrote:

dinoSnake wrote:

http://www.doubleencore.com/2014/03/android-external-storage/

it is turning into a royal pain

Pain? Everything works fine now after installing the new OI Share version...

Exactly.  Every developer who's app uses general file access is having to rewrite for KitKat's media / SD permissions and issue an update, and everyone who is using the app must apply the update (and hope that it doesn't break something on non-KitKat models).  Try a Google on "es file explorer KitKat" or "SD card KitKat".

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads