Thoughts on buying a used XE2

Started Mar 31, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
MrChristopher
MrChristopher Senior Member • Posts: 1,288
Thoughts on buying a used XE2

I'm wanting to invest in Fuji glass and need a body to get that started. I'm leaning towards buying a used XE2 for now. We're there any hardware issues related to that model that I should be aware of when considering one to buy? If so what was the serial number range for those affected? Thanks and wish me well, my x100 has been wanting a buddy for a good while now.
--
http://chriscurnutt.tumblr.com/

MrChristopher's gear list:MrChristopher's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
fluxism Contributing Member • Posts: 512
Re: Thoughts on buying a used XE2

I believe there was an issue with dust spots on sensor on some copies

fluxism's gear list:fluxism's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
jonnie burtoft Contributing Member • Posts: 533
Re: Thoughts on buying a used XE2

Hi, I bought a xe2 about a month ago, its a great camera and has worked brilliantly, ive had no issues. The lack of a view mode button is one annoyance i have but hopefully it will be sorted out in a firmware update.  I bought mine for £750 and it came with the 18-55 lens a gariz half case, gariz sling strap and a thumbs up grip.

I believe you can buy the xe2 with confidence as it is a very accomplished camera and has benefitted from Improvements over the xpro1 and xe1. Cheers, jon

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads