RX100 I panoramic problem.

Started Mar 20, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
simonhesays Forum Member • Posts: 50
RX100 I panoramic problem.

When panning I keep getting a message that I'm either panning to slow or too fast and that it can't write the picture to the card. Anyone have this issue? This is unlike previous Sonys I've had. And of course it starts acting up while I'm on vacation.

simonhesays's gear list:simonhesays's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
simonhesays OP Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: RX100 I panoramic problem.

Tried removing card and battery with no results. Tried playing with different focus and same thing.

Wilhelm Senior Member • Posts: 1,086

I have the same difficulty with both Mk1 and Mk2, and Rx10.

Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 25,637

simonhesays wrote:

When panning I keep getting a message that I'm either panning to slow or too fast and that it can't write the picture to the card. Anyone have this issue? This is unlike previous Sonys I've had. And of course it starts acting up while I'm on vacation.

Try panning faster than you think you should.....

-- hide signature --
 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 +3 more
simonhesays OP Forum Member • Posts: 50

Bill,

When I go faster it tells me I'm going too fast. When I go slower it says tells me to go faster.

sduck Junior Member • Posts: 44

Pan at a speed somewhere in between the ones you've been trying. Really. It works, you just need to spend a little time practicing with it to get it right. A medium slow steady speed seems to work best for me. Although I find it fairly forgiving of how I pan around - you must be really extreme in the speeds you're trying.

sduck's gear list:sduck's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Lytro Light Field 16GB Sony RX100 II Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha 7 II +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads