Dusted off the old E-500

Started Mar 10, 2014 | Photos
Ravenwing Photo
Ravenwing Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Dusted off the old E-500

Literally!  Thought I'd give the old girl an outing today, quite a different 'user experience' after using the E-5 and E-M1.  All with the 500 and 12-60, comments and criticism appreciated.

High and Dry

Anger

Davey 'n Deb 'n.....oops

Hear me Wail

-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-500 (EVOLT E-500)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mr_BBQ
Mr_BBQ Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: Dusted off the old E-500

Nothing wrong with Your E-500.:-D

I like nr1 en nr4 very much.

Mr_BBQ's gear list:Mr_BBQ's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +4 more
bthomas001 Senior Member • Posts: 1,629

Absolutely beautiful!  Love the look of the Kodak sensor!  The E-500 is ideal weight and size for longer treks as well.

Colors are sooooooo nice on the E-300/E-500 cams...

I love my E-300 a little bit more...for the build quality and viewfinder size...but the E-500 is the one that goes on longer hikes.

Here is one of my E-500 shots:

E-500

brycesteiner
brycesteiner Senior Member • Posts: 1,906

The Kodak sensor was really good! It was silky smooth with beautiful Oly colors. It sucked on low light, but for this - it's perfect! The E-510 and future generations came along and it was no longer the same with that generation of panasonic sensors. Don't get me wrong, I like my E-30, but it didn't have teh same look.

-- hide signature --

Make it a Great day!

brycesteiner's gear list:brycesteiner's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Ravenwing Photo
OP Ravenwing Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Thanks Mr_BBQ! n/t
-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo

bthomas001 wrote:

Absolutely beautiful! Love the look of the Kodak sensor! The E-500 is ideal weight and size for longer treks as well.

Colors are sooooooo nice on the E-300/E-500 cams...

I love my E-300 a little bit more...for the build quality and viewfinder size...but the E-500 is the one that goes on longer hikes.

Here is one of my E-500 shots:

E-500

Thank you Thomas.  That's a corker of a shot!  One thing I'll say for the E-500 viewfinder; it's uncluttered!   They did have lovely sensors for good light, though.

-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo

brycesteiner wrote:

The Kodak sensor was really good! It was silky smooth with beautiful Oly colors. It sucked on low light, but for this - it's perfect! The E-510 and future generations came along and it was no longer the same with that generation of panasonic sensors. Don't get me wrong, I like my E-30, but it didn't have teh same look.

Yes, they all have their advantages and disadvantages, and their own distinctive 'look'.  Too bad you couldn't roll 'em all into one sensor, eh?

-- hide signature --

Nate

Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 19,723
Yeah, I know it feels "different" from what is currently available...

...but you've got to admit that the colors that this baby produces are awesome, aren't they!  I think the E-500 was one of the most underrated cameras ever to hit the market.  Put good glass on it and it can give many a current model camera a run for its money in overall looks, richness of the colors, etc.

Nice pics....

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X10 Samsung EX2F Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +33 more
Ravenwing Photo
Absolutely agree, Ben. n/t
-- hide signature --

Nate

Stew Volt Senior Member • Posts: 2,375

I read posts like this and then immediately go to KEH to see what's available. I had a 500 once for a weekend, but it arrived with a cracked lcd so it went back. I've always been tempted to get another, just can't help it...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads