Dusted off the old E-500

Started Mar 10, 2014 | Photos
Ravenwing Photo
Ravenwing Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Dusted off the old E-500

Literally!  Thought I'd give the old girl an outing today, quite a different 'user experience' after using the E-5 and E-M1.  All with the 500 and 12-60, comments and criticism appreciated.

High and Dry

Anger

Davey 'n Deb 'n.....oops

Hear me Wail

-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-500 (EVOLT E-500)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mr_BBQ
Mr_BBQ Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: Dusted off the old E-500

Nothing wrong with Your E-500.:-D

I like nr1 en nr4 very much.

Mr_BBQ's gear list:Mr_BBQ's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +4 more
bthomas001 Senior Member • Posts: 1,443

Absolutely beautiful!  Love the look of the Kodak sensor!  The E-500 is ideal weight and size for longer treks as well.

Colors are sooooooo nice on the E-300/E-500 cams...

I love my E-300 a little bit more...for the build quality and viewfinder size...but the E-500 is the one that goes on longer hikes.

Here is one of my E-500 shots:

E-500

brycesteiner
brycesteiner Senior Member • Posts: 1,856

The Kodak sensor was really good! It was silky smooth with beautiful Oly colors. It sucked on low light, but for this - it's perfect! The E-510 and future generations came along and it was no longer the same with that generation of panasonic sensors. Don't get me wrong, I like my E-30, but it didn't have teh same look.

-- hide signature --

Make it a Great day!

brycesteiner's gear list:brycesteiner's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Ravenwing Photo
OP Ravenwing Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Thanks Mr_BBQ! n/t
-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo

bthomas001 wrote:

Absolutely beautiful! Love the look of the Kodak sensor! The E-500 is ideal weight and size for longer treks as well.

Colors are sooooooo nice on the E-300/E-500 cams...

I love my E-300 a little bit more...for the build quality and viewfinder size...but the E-500 is the one that goes on longer hikes.

Here is one of my E-500 shots:

E-500

Thank you Thomas.  That's a corker of a shot!  One thing I'll say for the E-500 viewfinder; it's uncluttered!   They did have lovely sensors for good light, though.

-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo

brycesteiner wrote:

The Kodak sensor was really good! It was silky smooth with beautiful Oly colors. It sucked on low light, but for this - it's perfect! The E-510 and future generations came along and it was no longer the same with that generation of panasonic sensors. Don't get me wrong, I like my E-30, but it didn't have teh same look.

-- hide signature --

Make it a Great day!

Yes, they all have their advantages and disadvantages, and their own distinctive 'look'.  Too bad you couldn't roll 'em all into one sensor, eh?

-- hide signature --

Nate

Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 18,635
Yeah, I know it feels "different" from what is currently available...

...but you've got to admit that the colors that this baby produces are awesome, aren't they!  I think the E-500 was one of the most underrated cameras ever to hit the market.  Put good glass on it and it can give many a current model camera a run for its money in overall looks, richness of the colors, etc.

Nice pics....

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Canon PowerShot G12 +45 more
Ravenwing Photo
Absolutely agree, Ben. n/t
-- hide signature --

Nate

Stew Volt
Stew Volt Senior Member • Posts: 2,160

I read posts like this and then immediately go to KEH to see what's available. I had a 500 once for a weekend, but it arrived with a cracked lcd so it went back. I've always been tempted to get another, just can't help it...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads