need ultracompact, good zoom, that shoot panoramas in camera

Started Mar 7, 2014 | Discussions
MITCHELL FOX New Member • Posts: 5
need ultracompact, good zoom, that shoot panoramas in camera

I'm looking for an under $175, preferably under $150 ultra compact point and shoot that can do in-camera panoramas, has at least 8 or 10 x zoom, wifi? what about the Sony wx80 or /Sony-DSCW830. I know the DSCW830 doesn't have wifei, but i could use and eye-fie card?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Joseph Mama Senior Member • Posts: 2,082
Re: need ultracompact, good zoom, that shoot panoramas in camera

I found the Sony DSC-W690 that does in camera panaromic with 10x zoom for 170 bucks.
That one is 2012, so you might look at newer ones.  I found a whole lot of W-series Sony Cybershots as low as 80 bucks for 8x zooms, but I cant really tell the difference between any of them. They all have Smart 360 Panaramic, but that doesnt tell you if it actually does it in-camera.

The Canon ELPH series does panaramic but you have to use special software of theirs after the shot.  That sucks.

kcdogger Senior Member • Posts: 1,966
Re: need ultracompact, good zoom, that shoot panoramas in camera

Check the Panasonic ZS25 (TZ35) - $169.00 on Amazon.  The ZS19 is also available there for $162.00.  Best wishes.

kcdogger's gear list:kcdogger's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads