Is there a Filter Thread for an adaptor on the G1X Mk2?

Started Mar 7, 2014 | Discussions
OliverGlass Regular Member • Posts: 156
Is there a Filter Thread for an adaptor on the G1X Mk2?

Are there even filter threads for an adapter on the G1X Mk2? I hope that's a removable cover I see on the Mk2. I'd like to be able to mount circular and square filters in the future.  I'm considering it as my next back up cam after I retire my hard working LX5.

Here's the filter thread on the LX5 with the adaptor and without. Pardon me for the dust on my used and abused cam. Thanks for your time reading. 
Oliver

OliverGlass's gear list:OliverGlass's gear list
Nikon D90 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
requa
requa Contributing Member • Posts: 584
Re: Is there a Filter Thread for an adaptor on the G1X Mk2?

The Mark 2 appears to have a flange on the front of the lens just like the original G1X. This will require an adapter to enable the use of filters. Canon shows this adapter in the accessories page for the camera. It will still be 58 mm.

I bought a third party adapter for my G1X and it worked fine. I wonder how long it'll take for the market to see similar for the Mark 2.

Dan

requa's gear list:requa's gear list
Canon G3 X Canon G9 X Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870
OP OliverGlass Regular Member • Posts: 156

That's good news if it does. I hope we can confirm it somehow. That'll seal the deal for me

OliverGlass's gear list:OliverGlass's gear list
Nikon D90 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
telefunk
telefunk Senior Member • Posts: 1,027

Am anxiously awaiting some (real) sample pictures so I can also at long last retire my venerable LX5

telefunk's gear list:telefunk's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Casio EX-ZR5000 808 +5 more
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,853

OliverGlass wrote:

That's good news if it does. I hope we can confirm it somehow. That'll seal the deal for me

It is a bayonet mount just like the G1 X.  This isn't speculation, it is a fact.  The filter adapter is a new model for the Mark II because of the larger lens.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads