A bunch of firmware updates

Started Mar 6, 2014 | Discussions
SRT201
SRT201 Senior Member • Posts: 2,519
Re: OK, so have you tested your third party TCs to see if they work now?

What is the behavior?  I recently picked up an older Sigma 1.4X APO (non HSM).  I really haven't spent much time with it so I haven't noticed anything strange.

-- hide signature --

Any government that has the power to correct any injustice and level any inequality also has the power to do ANYTHING it wants.

SRT201
Not anymore. Back to 1.06 on the Ricoh site

What gives?  Are the firmware guys finding issues in subsequent tests?

-- hide signature --

Any government that has the power to correct any injustice and level any inequality also has the power to do ANYTHING it wants.

Joseph Tainter Forum Pro • Posts: 10,618
Re: A bunch of firmware updates

Younes B wrote:

Its for the TC, the 4new4 HD lenses and 4 'general performance' ( whatever that means...)

It's boilerplate. They say this with every FW update.

Joe

Kerusker
Kerusker Senior Member • Posts: 1,233
www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/k-5_2_s.html

SRT201 wrote:

What gives? Are the firmware guys finding issues in subsequent tests?

It's (still) here:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/k-5_2_s.html

AT least the download zip file name contains 107.

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +1 more
Dave Evans Regular Member • Posts: 234

Hi Ron, I have been registered on this site for years and visit every day but never post, I feel I must thank you for the info and all the other good work you do,

I will do the fw updates on K-5 and K-01 later.

Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 9,873
Re: www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/k-5_2_s.html

Kerusker wrote:

SRT201 wrote:

What gives? Are the firmware guys finding issues in subsequent tests?

It's (still) here:

AT least the download zip file name contains 107.

And inside is the 1.07(.24.16) firmware.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +8 more
OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Re: K5-II(s) firmware 1.07 PULLED?

SRT201 wrote:

Just checked the link. The main firmware page indeed lists 1.07 for the K5II and IIs. It also shows 1.16 for the K5 and 1.05 for the K-01. Downloaded K-01 and K-5 firmware no issue but when I tried to download the Windows update for the IIs, the only thing available is the 1.06 firmware and in fact 1.07 is not shown at all on the K-5II page.

I wonder if they found an issue and pulled it. I'm assuming it was, just like the others, a compatibility update for the 1.4x rear converter.

I don't know what your problem is but all of the downloads via the link you provide above for the K-5 II and K-5 IIs is Ver 1.07 for me.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Plakanina Contributing Member • Posts: 975
Re: firmware update HELP ME

Downloaded update, dragged it from my download window to my desktop, it reads fwdc21b-1.bin.

is this it? Now do I drag this complete ikon fwdc21b-1.bin into the SD card? I use Mac

Plakanina's gear list:Plakanina's gear list
Pentax K-5 II HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF)
awaldram
awaldram Forum Pro • Posts: 13,258

Plakanina wrote:

Downloaded update, dragged it from my download window to my desktop, it reads fwdc21b-1.bin.

is this it? Now do I drag this complete ikon fwdc21b-1.bin into the SD card? I use Mac

sounds like you already had a file of the same name in the folder you extracted it to , You mac has kindly renamed it to an unusable name.

Delete all the .bin files in that folder and try the extractions again.

Whe you have a file the same name it appears in the zip then drag it to the SD card root folder , power on camera holding menu.

follow instructions on display

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax Q7 Pentax K-x Olympus PEN E-PM2 +17 more

Plakanina wrote:

I don't know what camera the fwdc21b-1.bin file is for. Please tell us what camera you downloaded for first.

The fwdc21b-1.bin file goes directly to the root of the SD card. Do not put it in any folder on the SD card. Make sure you have a fully charged battery. Put the SD card back into the camera and then press and hold the Menu button as you turn on the camera. Follow the directions that come up on the LCD of the camera. Do not turn off the camera until you get the word Complete.

Ron

-- hide signature --

'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

brandrx wrote:

Plakanina wrote:

I don't know what camera the fwdc21b-1.bin file is for. Please tell us what camera you downloaded for first.

The fwdc21b-1.bin file goes directly to the root of the SD card. Do not put it in any folder on the SD card. Make sure you have a fully charged battery. Put the SD card back into the camera and then press and hold the Menu button as you turn on the camera. Follow the directions that come up on the LCD of the camera. Do not turn off the camera until you get the word Complete.

Ron

Kll

Pentax K-5 II HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF)

Plakanina wrote:

brandrx wrote:

Plakanina wrote:

The fwdc21b-1.bin file goes directly to the root of the SD card. Do not put it in any folder on the SD card. Make sure you have a fully charged battery. Put the SD card back into the camera and then press and hold the Menu button as you turn on the camera. Follow the directions that come up on the LCD of the camera. Do not turn off the camera until you get the word Complete.

Kll

Make sure you read what awaldram wrote above. You might have to clear your folder on your computer and start over.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Petroglyph
Petroglyph Veteran Member • Posts: 6,085

Thx.  It is for the 1.4TC + four new HD lens.  Hmmm.  happens there are 4 new lenses on the K mount roadmap for 2014. 

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Sony a7R II Rokinon 135mm F2.0 Samyang 20mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8
Petroglyph...

Petroglyph wrote:

Thx.  It is for the 1.4TC + four new HD lens.  Hmmm.  happens there are 4 new lenses on the K mount roadmap for 2014. 

Hi Petroglyph,

You are the second person that wrote that it is also for "four new HD lenses". I cannot find that written anywhere. Where did you find that?

Ron

-- hide signature --

Petroglyph
Petroglyph Veteran Member • Posts: 6,085
Re: Petroglyph...

brandrx wrote:

Petroglyph wrote:

Thx. It is for the 1.4TC + four new HD lens. Hmmm. happens there are 4 new lenses on the K mount roadmap for 2014.

Hi Petroglyph,

You are the second person that wrote that it is also for "four new HD lenses". I cannot find that written anywhere. Where did you find that?

Ha ha.  I probably just read the other post and turned into a parrot.  I did find the four new K mount lenses on Ricoh's Japan website when I was looking to prove how many 645 lenses are actually still in production (about 15!).  So the new K-mount number matched the post and I guess it just made sense - on the other hand they wouldn't have to do it that way.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Sony a7R II Rokinon 135mm F2.0 Samyang 20mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8

awaldram wrote:

Plakanina wrote:

sounds like you already had a file of the same name in the folder you extracted it to , You mac has kindly renamed it to an unusable name.

Whe you have a file the same name it appears in the zip then drag it to the SD card root folder , power on camera holding menu.

It downloaded as, For Windows/Macintosh : k5_2_107.zip thenit canged at completion to fwdc216b-3bin and it is still in the downloads window not on the desktop.

What do I do with it now?

Plakanina wrote:

awaldram wrote:

Plakanina wrote:

It downloaded as, For Windows/Macintosh : k5_2_107.zip thenit canged at completion to fwdc216b-3bin and it is still in the downloads window not on the desktop.

What do I do with it now?

opps. should have read this. Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.

The download file is self-extracting. The following file is extracted.

• [K-5II] Fwdc216b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
SRT201

Wow... so "k5_2s106.EXE" contains firmware 1.07!  VERY sloppy on the Ricoh firmware team's part.

-- hide signature --

Russell Evans Forum Pro • Posts: 12,617
Re: OK, so have you tested your third party TCs to see if they work now?

SRT201 wrote:

What is the behavior? I recently picked up an older Sigma 1.4X APO (non HSM). I really haven't spent much time with it so I haven't noticed anything strange.

Behavior with SDM/HSM lenses, as that has always been the issue with third party TC units that have the PZ contacts.

Thank you
Russell

Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 9,873

SRT201 wrote:

Wow... so "k5_2s106.EXE" contains firmware 1.07! VERY sloppy on the Ricoh firmware team's part.

For the K-5IIs, the file name is "K5_2s107.zip" (or .exe); and it contains a file named fwdc218b.bin - 218 being a model number. K5II's firmware file is fwdc216b.bin.

VERY sloppy? Maybe, but it wasn't Ricoh

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads