First 3D attempt - Osaka Castle (cha-cha using Oly E-M5)

Started Mar 5, 2014 | Photos
Keith Lommel Contributing Member • Posts: 695
First 3D attempt - Osaka Castle (cha-cha using Oly E-M5)

Osaka Castle

Obviously, I'm getting some retinal rivalry on the moat due to the water not keeping still while I did the cha-cha.

Keith Lommel's gear list:Keith Lommel's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +32 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Turbguy1
Turbguy1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,142
Re: First 3D attempt - Osaka Castle (cha-cha using Oly E-M5)

Good first stereo.

The stereo window needs significant adjustment to place the tree branches at (or behind) the screen to avoid that "funny" look window violations can give. If you use SPM, use the left-right cursor keys to adjust the window.

Window adjustment is a special cropping function.

-- hide signature --
 Turbguy1's gear list:Turbguy1's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D300 +3 more
hdr Senior Member • Posts: 2,841

Turbguy1 wrote:

... The stereo window needs significant adjustment to place the tree branches at (or behind) the screen to avoid that "funny" look window violations can give. If you use SPM, use the left-right cursor keys to adjust the window.

Window adjustment is a special cropping function...

I agree with you about window violations.

I know of at least one 3D enthusiast who likes to deliberately push the stereo window to the back such that everything in front of it appears to 'come out of the screen', thus, as he puts it, enhancing the 3D impact. But anyway, he is more the type who likes to experiment with strict rules.

-- hide signature --

Depth haz been the mizzing dimenzion for long enough, but still, few are bothered with 3D.
Enjoy Free-Viewing Colorful 3D Without Glasses:- http://www.SingaporeGallery.com

aandbrendering
aandbrendering New Member • Posts: 6

These are some great pictures,The work with 3D still need to improve a lot but nice work for the first time.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads