Anyone for Sunday Scapes (2014-03-02) ?

Started Mar 2, 2014 | Photos
eaa Senior Member • Posts: 1,944
Winter pines

Falling snow sweeps and swirls with the wind through the forest, clinging on to the pine trunks, where it slowly melts on this relatively mild day, making the pines take on some warm colors, in an otherwise barren winter scene...

OM-D E-M1, ZD ED 90-250 @90mm, F5.6, 1/30s IS1, ISO 250, EV +0.3, hand held

-- hide signature --
 eaa's gear list:eaa's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +10 more
Canadian Club
Canadian Club Forum Pro • Posts: 41,938
Re: It never rains in Sunny California...

I told you I was going to ship all our snow to you.  Ha!  Good you got some rain anyway.

CC

dt27348
dt27348 Senior Member • Posts: 2,487
Re: Winter pines

Well captured winter scene.

Dave

dt27348's gear list:dt27348's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Sony SLT-A65 +2 more
windsprite
windsprite Senior Member • Posts: 2,477
Re: Can you see me now?

Kinda creepy!  I like it.  It reminds me of a scene from a movie, where a spaceship carrying malevolent aliens emerges from the fog or clouds.  Cue the music!  Oooo-eeee-oooo.

Julie

Ravenwing Photo wrote:

Rising out of the fog, e-5 and 12-60. Best enlarged, comments and criticism always welcome!

-- hide signature --

Nate

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +40 more
windsprite
Re: Frozen ..

That's a pleasing combination of light, pastel colors, and leading lines.  I like the sunstar.

I wonder what's going on with the light coming through the second tire from the right?  It doesn't seem like the right angle for a reflection or lens flare.  Anyway, I like the effect.

Julie

Sergey_Green wrote:

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +40 more
windsprite
Re: Wired

Nice!  A very dynamic composition.

Julie

dharma108 wrote:

E5 and 12-60

19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,030
Re: Anyone for Sunday Scapes (2014-03-02) ?

I think the best thing a beginner can do is get some software and play with it.  If the software messes with the original, just make a copy first and go to it.  You can not do any damage that way and you will learn way more than you will by not doing anything.  Basic pp is not brain surgery.  You just move sliders around until you get a look you like.  The more advanced techniques, perhaps some tutorials or books will help with but then you will need something specific for the software you choose to work with.  Lightroom is basic and simple to work with.  More advanced software exists but you should start with something basic and see how you like sitting in front of a screen playing with images.  It is not for everyone.  Corel PSP X6 goes on sale for low prices and it is quite powerful but is not a good raw developer for Olympus raw files.  Viewer allows some basic adjustments if you want to start really simple but I don't find it very useful except as a raw converter when exporting for work in other programs.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Foyne Harbour

Is that a sunken vessel in the foreground (forewater?) ?  It appears to have a metal hand rail sticking up into the air.

Andrew

sagasea Regular Member • Posts: 210

19andrew47 wrote:

Is that a sunken vessel in the foreground (forewater?) ? It appears to have a metal hand rail sticking up into the air.

Andrew

You are right Andrew. The wreck of the Norwegian Whaler "Guvernøren" that burned back in 1915.

Frank

-- hide signature --
19andrew47

Another fine image Frank and thanks for the information.

Andrew

sagasea Regular Member • Posts: 210

I have always been an admirer of your work Erik! Good one

Frank

-- hide signature --
bthomas001 Senior Member • Posts: 1,443
Me and My E-300

E-300 in Colorado Springs - Sunday March 02, 2014

Sergey_Green
OP Sergey_Green Forum Pro • Posts: 10,515
Pretty contrasts

And well seen.

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Sergey_Green
OP Sergey_Green Forum Pro • Posts: 10,515
Thanks Julie ..

windsprite wrote:

I wonder what's going on with the light coming through the second tire from the right? It doesn't seem like the right angle for a reflection or lens flare. Anyway, I like the effect.

Some kind of flare. It was 24-70/2.8 I think, not a common one to show this.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
dharma108 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,682
Re: Wired-Brooklyn Bridge NYC n/t

Thanks

dharma108's gear list:dharma108's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +28 more
Re: Late Evening and Early Morning

Great shots--particularly like the first shot.

Dharma

Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +28 more

Gorgeous shot

gnarayan
gnarayan Senior Member • Posts: 2,968
Re: Late Evening and Early Morning

Thanks folks. Sergey, I think it's the circular polarizer you are picking up on re. the colors. The Arizona sky is always fairly saturated naturally in the late evening - not much moisture to get even thin clouds, and nothing in the way of the horizon, so you can see the sun get very low, and things get very red. The circular polarizer just accentuates the blues. You don't have to push the saturation much at all before it starts to look like Velvia.

Cheers,

-Gautham

-- hide signature --

C&C always welcome.
Reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnarayan/

gnarayan's gear list:gnarayan's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus E-510 Sony Alpha a7S Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +1 more
Roger Engelken
Roger Engelken Veteran Member • Posts: 5,019
Re: It never rains in Sunny California...

It is all in your mind...the rain and the song. 

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-M1 II
Roger Engelken
Roger Engelken Veteran Member • Posts: 5,019
Re: Me and My E-300

Greetings from up the road.  An interesting take.  Thank you for sharing.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-M1 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads