Weekend MONOCHROME #172 |28-02 Feb-March| Post yours!

Started Feb 28, 2014 | Photos
mapgraphs
mapgraphs Contributing Member • Posts: 969
By a nose

B29, New England Air Museum

19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 26,456
Re: View of a temple

Interesting details of a temple I will never see.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Reflections in the Rain

I read about your rain in the newspaper we get from Hamilton, Ontario!  An interesting image Dave.   Is the storm drain water captured for use?  Here it would go straight to local rivers or lakes but I know water is in short supply in your area so I wondered if it is captured for reuse.

Andrew

Ravenwing Photo
Ravenwing Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Re: By a nose

What's not to like here?  Crispy sharp, and a tasty rendering!

-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
Ravenwing Photo
Ravenwing Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Re: Street Enterprise - New Orleans French Quarter

There are times when I envy street shooters!  As we say in Maine, "Wicked good"!

-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
Brad Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 7,909
Re: Cows..

Is the cow to the right admiring or jealous, that the cow had a calf who snuggles, ?,

-- hide signature --

Brad Ross

Brad Ross's gear list:Brad Ross's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II
Brad Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 7,909
Re: Phuket vegetarian festival

good photo, I do not get why anyone would want to do it. And if that is what it means to be to be a vegetarian, I think she is in a minority compared to my Vegan friends,

-- hide signature --

Brad Ross

Brad Ross's gear list:Brad Ross's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II
19andrew47
Harvard Detail plus a bonus

Taken at the Canadian War Plane museum near Hamilton, Ontario.  The first is the engine of a Harvard training aircraft.  The second a bonus shows a sign pointing out the cafeteria/café in the museum.  The sign was a cream colour with blue lettering.   I am not sure why they picked that particular name for the café.

Andrew

12 - 50 mm

19andrew47

Looks highly polished!  Nice conversion.

Andrew

LouHolland
OP LouHolland Veteran Member • Posts: 8,924
Re: Orison to the Sun

Nate, pushing the envelop is good and indeed it is a monochrome and a curious one

Lou

Ravenwing Photo wrote:

Possibly pushing the Monochrome category a bit....E-5 and 50-200 with EC-20. Taken pretty much directly into the foggy sunrise. Vibrance pushed, but otherwise fairly accurate regarding color. Probably best enlarged, comments and criticism always welcome.

-- hide signature --

Nate

LouHolland
Re: Orchids

yes, the color is something that definitely belongs to an orchid and will in many cases difficult to B & W converting. On the other hand, they often have beautiful leaf and petal structures who can be used beautifully. Nice Brad.

Lou

-

Brad Ross wrote:

although pains, me in some way to take an orchid image and make it B&W , their structure does work,, taken today,,

-- hide signature --

Brad Ross

LouHolland
Re: White water lunch

Lovely Gary. Is that a Bear area too?

Lou

-

Gary Blake wrote:

Adult female bald eagle, Black Sturgeon River in the background.

OMD EM5 OM 350mm f2.8

Gary

LouHolland
Re: Phuket vegetarian festival

Wu, this is really a nice crisp shot. Good light. She don't show signs for an auto mutilation, so I expect this is culture related!

Lou

-

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

more self mutilation

LouHolland

Srhidhar, Lovely images and beautiful structures. Only niggle, I would straithen the middle vertical pillar in your first shot. That last one I really like.

Lou

-

sridharma wrote:

This is the view of a temple in Karnataka, India.

-- hide signature --

Sridhar M.A.

LouHolland
Re: Cartier-Bresson hommage

While I already had seen most of those images it still are an amazingly fine collection of monochrome shots and gives certainly character on your work.

Lou

-

RoelHendrickx wrote:

Cartier-Bresson hommage I posted on Leica Talk:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53221310

(a number of B&Ws there)

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

LouHolland
Re: Reflections in the Rain

Dave, I see Humphrey Bogart, Fred Astaire or Sammy Davis Jr., here They all fit in a scene like this and if there blows strong air from that ground grill you can add Marilyn Monroe too on that row of famous names Good shot.

Lou

-

dave gaines wrote:

It finally rained here in So Cal this week. I had to get out and capture a few images just for posterity.

Patterns, reflections and rain

-- hide signature --

Dave

LouHolland

What an enormous plaine and structure, you've captured the subject well.

Lou

-

mapgraphs wrote:

B29, New England Air Museum

LouHolland
Re: Harvard Detail plus a bonus

That is quite a nice engine Andrew must be very powerfull. You've captured that insight on all that engineers work fantasticly.

Lou

-

19andrew47 wrote:

Taken at the Canadian War Plane museum near Hamilton, Ontario. The first is the engine of a Harvard training aircraft. The second a bonus shows a sign pointing out the cafeteria/café in the museum. The sign was a cream colour with blue lettering. I am not sure why they picked that particular name for the café.

Andrew

12 - 50 mm

dave gaines
dave gaines Veteran Member • Posts: 9,183
Re: Harvard Detail plus a bonus

Hi Andrew,

It's a beautiful plane engine. Many cylinders it seems. I suppose this one times the machine gun fire to miss the propellar blades with each shot.

I know what the sign means. Take a pretty Dutch woman to the canteen and liberate her hunger.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
sridharma
sridharma New Member • Posts: 22

LouHolland wrote:

Srhidhar, Lovely images and beautiful structures. Only niggle, I would straithen the middle vertical pillar in your first shot. That last one I really like.

Thanks for the comment. I did not straighten the columns as I felt that it lessened the impact of the shot. Well, that is my taste I have tried my hand at the keystone correction. Let me know what you feel about the pic:

-- hide signature --

Sridhar M.A.

sridharma's gear list:sridharma's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads