FZ200 - Change shooting mode in custom settings

Started Feb 27, 2014 | Discussions
needmoretoys Regular Member • Posts: 464
FZ200 - Change shooting mode in custom settings

I think the answer is no, but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way to change the shooting mode from P to S in C1 without choosing S and starting from scratch to recreate my C1 settings. I want to keep everything the same except change the shooting mode from P to S.

C1 is my bird and action custom mode. The reason that I want to change is that the fastest shutter speed setting that can be set in [Min. Shtr Speed] is 1/250 sec and I find that too slow, as birds rarely are still. Often, the body is sharp, but the head is blurred when the shot is taken at 1/250 sec.

needmoretoys's gear list:needmoretoys's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +6 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Rodger1943
Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,759
Re: FZ200 - Change shooting mode in custom settings

needmoretoys wrote:

I think the answer is no, but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way to change the shooting mode from P to S in C1 without choosing S and starting from scratch to recreate my C1 settings. I want to keep everything the same except change the shooting mode from P to S.

C1 is my bird and action custom mode. The reason that I want to change is that the fastest shutter speed setting that can be set in [Min. Shtr Speed] is 1/250 sec and I find that too slow, as birds rarely are still. Often, the body is sharp, but the head is blurred when the shot is taken at 1/250 sec.

You should be able to do that. Just go to your C1 setting (P) change the top dial to S, then push the menu button. Select set-up menu. On the top of page two is the Customs setting menu. Save it as C1 and you're done. The only thing that should change is the setting goes from P to S, all your other settings for that should stay the same.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 +2 more
OP needmoretoys Regular Member • Posts: 464

Rodger1943 wrote:

needmoretoys wrote:

You should be able to do that. Just go to your C1 setting (P) change the top dial to S, then push the menu button. Select set-up menu. On the top of page two is the Customs setting menu. Save it as C1 and you're done. The only thing that should change is the setting goes from P to S, all your other settings for that should stay the same.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

That's the first thing that I tried. When I go from C1 to S, the settings are whatever I last used on S. For example, ISO 100 instead of AUTO, AFS vs AFC, 1shot vs 5.5AF, 3:2 vs 4:3, etc. I thought that it would do what you said, but it doesn't.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +6 more
Ronomy
Ronomy Veteran Member • Posts: 4,062

Rodger1943 wrote:

needmoretoys wrote:

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

That's the first thing that I tried. When I go from C1 to S, the settings are whatever I last used on S. For example, ISO 100 instead of AUTO, AFS vs AFC, 1shot vs 5.5AF, 3:2 vs 4:3, etc. I thought that it would do what you said, but it doesn't.

What I did was setup C2-1 in P, C2-2 in A and C2-3 in S. That way when I made changes in any of them the next power up they went back to my stored settings.

You could also setup P non-custom and when you change to A, S or M it will use all the same settings you have in P. I don't us M but I guess there is C1 for that.

The reason why I do this with my C2 setup is because I sometimes use no izoom/ires and other times I do. So my P, A, and S is setup for izoom with different photo style settings from no ires and my C2 settings are without ires or izoom. Different photo style settings when ires and izoom is off. That's how I am setup now but somme times I setup customs differently. C1 I have TC turned on for when I use my 1.7x teleconverter.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +6 more

I finally gave up and set it up from scratch. I could have done that from the beginning, but I just wanted to know if it was possible to do in case I want to change the mode frequently at some point.

Ronomy wrote:

What I did was setup C2-1 in P, C2-2 in A and C2-3 in S. That way when I made changes in any of them the next power up they went back to my stored settings.

You could also setup P non-custom and when you change to A, S or M it will use all the same settings you have in P. I don't us M but I guess there is C1 for that.

The reason why I do this with my C2 setup is because I sometimes use no izoom/ires and other times I do. So my P, A, and S is setup for izoom with different photo style settings from no ires and my C2 settings are without ires or izoom. Different photo style settings when ires and izoom is off. That's how I am setup now but somme times I setup customs differently. C1 I have TC turned on for when I use my 1.7x teleconverter.

I have the custom settings set up for various types of shots: C1 for birds/action, C2-1 for macro, C2-2 for scenic and C2-3 for RAW. For C1 I also have TC turned on for when i use my Oly B-300. I also use P, A, S and M at times with different settings for times when I might use flash or shoot photos of people.

I suspect that I will keep the C1 set for S mode. I wish that I could set min shutter speed to faster than 1/250 so that I could keep C1 in P mode. Birds just move too fast to capture them at 1/250 sec. So many times the body is sharp, but the head is blurred.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads