Focus tracking of the Panasonic DMC-GH4

Started Feb 23, 2014 | Questions
GWKilgore New Member • Posts: 1
Focus tracking of the Panasonic DMC-GH4

I have enjoyed using the Panasonic DMC-GH3 for about 9 months. Love the light weight of the body and great lens. Except for wildlife trips, I have been able to leave the heavy Nikon D800 and D3s gear at home. However, there is one shortfall and that is the ability to capture flying birds. Will the new GH4 be able to properly track flying birds? I would buy the GH4 just for this feature.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mike Ronesia
Mike Ronesia Veteran Member • Posts: 3,043
Re: Focus tracking of the Panasonic DMC-GH4

Almost something I think you'd need to try and see for yourself. It has a better EVF and refreshes twice as fast if I remember correctly compared to the GH3, so I'm sure it would be improved to some extent, but will it be enough for you?

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sigma sd Quattro +13 more
maxw523 New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Focus tracking of the Panasonic DMC-GH4

GWKilgore wrote:

I have enjoyed using the Panasonic DMC-GH3 for about 9 months. Love the light weight of the body and great lens. Except for wildlife trips, I have been able to leave the heavy Nikon D800 and D3s gear at home. However, there is one shortfall and that is the ability to capture flying birds. Will the new GH4 be able to properly track flying birds? I would buy the GH4 just for this feature.

I found that I could in fact capture birds in flight with my GH3, (45-150 lens),which is exactly what I could NOT do with my NEX 7. Couldn't even focus fast enough to capture whales breaching.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads