aftab
OP aftab Forum Pro • Posts: 10,261
Re: Magic Lantern's Dual ISO with 5DII

ultimitsu wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

aftab wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

aftab wrote:

I have tried this shot before with 5DII and 5DIII, the area under the arch always turns out too dark for any acceptable processing. This time it was fine using Dual ISO.

So ML dual ISO now works with 5D2? AFAIK 5D2 does not have dual read out like 5D3 and 7D does, so does this main dual ISO should now work on all single Digic4 cameras? Does it work on 60D?

Yeah, initially they said dual iso would only work for 5DIII and 7D. But later they have developed modules for other cameras too including 60D and 5DII.

Now I have a real dumb question... I followed the directions on this page, I am now on FW 1.1.1 for 60d as directed, I low level fomated my card, then unziped all files from the nightly build onto root of my card, which is a autoexe.bin file and a folder called ML, loaded the card in to camera, go to firmware option, it says a memory card containing firmware is required to update, i.e. the camera does not recognise there is a firmware on the card. Now I went back, unloaded all files from ML folder to the root of my card, still get the same thing. What is wrong with what I am doing?

OK... I figured out what i did wrong. i needed to install ML first..all is good now

I had the same problem. It took me a while to figure out that there are two ways to install dual iso. The second option is downloading another software called Eoscard. It makes any SD or CF card bootable. I took the second option. The steps are as follows:

1. Download Eoscard from here.

2. Unzip it.

3. Download the nightly build (ML and autoexe.bin files) and unzip it. Transfer both files (ML and autoexe.bin) to the root of the memory card (already formatted in camera).

4. Click on Eoscard (memory card still connected to computer). Its interface will open and it will immediately recognize the memory card. Screenshot of the interface is here.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/EOScard

Make sure that only Bootdisk is checked as in the screenshot. Click Refresh. That's it, your memory card is now bootable. You won't have to go through firmware update process. Take the card out of your computer and put it in the camera. You are good to go.

If you have any questions please let me know.

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Canon G1 X II Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 +25 more
Strykapose New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Magic Lantern's Dual ISO with 5DII

aftab wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

aftab wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

aftab wrote:

I have tried this shot before with 5DII and 5DIII, the area under the arch always turns out too dark for any acceptable processing. This time it was fine using Dual ISO.

So ML dual ISO now works with 5D2? AFAIK 5D2 does not have dual read out like 5D3 and 7D does, so does this main dual ISO should now work on all single Digic4 cameras? Does it work on 60D?

Yeah, initially they said dual iso would only work for 5DIII and 7D. But later they have developed modules for other cameras too including 60D and 5DII.

Now I have a real dumb question... I followed the directions on this page, I am now on FW 1.1.1 for 60d as directed, I low level fomated my card, then unziped all files from the nightly build onto root of my card, which is a autoexe.bin file and a folder called ML, loaded the card in to camera, go to firmware option, it says a memory card containing firmware is required to update, i.e. the camera does not recognise there is a firmware on the card. Now I went back, unloaded all files from ML folder to the root of my card, still get the same thing. What is wrong with what I am doing?

OK... I figured out what i did wrong. i needed to install ML first..all is good now

I had the same problem. It took me a while to figure out that there are two ways to install dual iso. The second option is downloading another software called Eoscard. It makes any SD or CF card bootable. I took the second option. The steps are as follows:

1. Download Eoscard from here.

2. Unzip it.

3. Download the nightly build (ML and autoexe.bin files) and unzip it. Transfer both files (ML and autoexe.bin) to the root of the memory card (already formatted in camera).

4. Click on Eoscard (memory card still connected to computer). Its interface will open and it will immediately recognize the memory card. Screenshot of the interface is here.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/EOScard

Make sure that only Bootdisk is checked as in the screenshot. Click Refresh. That's it, your memory card is now bootable. You won't have to go through firmware update process. Take the card out of your computer and put it in the camera. You are good to go.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Hello Aftab,

Thanks for the review and all of the info in the above posts.

After reading your posts several times, I took the plunge and tried ML w dual iso on my old 50D.

I'm astonished on how well it works. My 50D now takes shots that can compete with the SoNikons.

I use my cameras for photos only, no video.

I just have one question before I install it into my 5D2 and/or my 5D3:

When I'm using the 50D w ML and dual iso, I noticed the camera gets warmer and the battery runs out sooner. Does that occur when you have it on the 5D2 or 5D3?

The 50D is my tester since I've gone FF a few years ago so damaging it doesn't matter to me.

Im just a little worried about damaging the Mk2 and a lot more worried about the Mk3.

Thanks once again for your informative posts.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads