+*+*+*+ You and your m43 this week +*+*+*+

Started Feb 22, 2014 | Discussions
sinkas Senior Member • Posts: 1,430
Re: Public Space

Nicely done again. Especially like the third. Did you need a Chiro after looking up like that? I like the blue colour which draws the eye.

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl
Hobbes: You're ignorant, but at least you act on it.”
Bill Watterson, The Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes

sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
sinkas Senior Member • Posts: 1,430
Re: Because Yaelle loves trees...

I like the heavy contrast on these.

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl
Hobbes: You're ignorant, but at least you act on it.”
Bill Watterson, The Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes

sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
zuikowesty
zuikowesty Veteran Member • Posts: 3,957
Re: Stormy Skies

Great skies. I like the last two the most.

-- hide signature --
 zuikowesty's gear list:zuikowesty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +11 more
zuikowesty
Re: Because Yaelle loves trees...

Beautiful skies and reflections!

-- hide signature --
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +11 more
zuikowesty
Re: Swans and Garda lake...

Nice shot. So that's where our swans went... (not as many around this year)

You must have been quite close to get those at 8mm!

-- hide signature --
john lever Forum Member • Posts: 87
A few seashore images

We finally got some nice weather down here in South Mississippi, so I made it out this morning.  These are on the Bay St. Louis/Waveland MS coastline.

zuikowesty
Re: Hey there little fella...

Nice set! Which 300mm are you using?

-- hide signature --
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 13,230

zuikowesty wrote:

Nice set! Which 300mm are you using?

Oly 75-300.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
zuikowesty

I love the second shot - great detail and composition! The third is close, but losing the edges of the triangular shape at top right keeps it from holding together like the previous one for me. Maybe you need to hang over the rail a bit more...

-- hide signature --
zuikowesty
Re: Winter Morning

Really cool mood in this shot!

-- hide signature --
zuikowesty
Re: Some color, some b&w, some squirrels

The second shot with shadows works very well in b/w I think. The last shot of the squirrel is also very nice.

-- hide signature --
zuikowesty
Re: +*+*+*+ You and your m43 this week +*+*+*+

Unusual composition, but very nice.

-- hide signature --
zuikowesty
Re: serenity

Lots of great elements in this shot. At first the very vertical crop doesn't seem to fit, but then trees reaching to the sky, with the benches at the base pulls it together. Perhaps a bit too much yellow in the tree highlights. I wonder how it would work in b/w?

-- hide signature --
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 13,230

Wormsmeat wrote:

Well you called it "fella"....
--
Wormsmeat

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16702896@N04/sets/

I don't discriminate.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
yyr
yyr Forum Pro • Posts: 10,064

sinkas wrote:

Nicely done again. Especially like the third. Did you need a Chiro after looking up like that? I like the blue colour which draws the eye.

Osteo - yes.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Leica CL
zuikowesty
Re: From snowdrops to snow...

yyr wrote:

Great set and I think the 5th is a wonderful shot.

Thanks! I have taken many photos of that tree, but this one I like also. I may try it again after the snow stops - it was coming down in large wet gobs when I took this.

-- hide signature --
jeffpix
jeffpix Contributing Member • Posts: 517
I promise -- no BIFs, CIFs, goats, rabbits,...

...next week!

But *this week*, I have an egret and a few cormorants. The theme here is splashing: high shutter speed, bright light.

All comments welcome!

Best regards,

Jeff

jeffpix's gear list:jeffpix's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +7 more
rickreyn
rickreyn Senior Member • Posts: 1,507
Re: Celestial Lighting of Downtown Tampa...E-M1

Cool shot. Very colorful! I was standing on the Kennedy Bridge looking SE. The moon just happened to cooperate!

-- hide signature --
 rickreyn's gear list:rickreyn's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
mtomko
mtomko New Member • Posts: 11
compressed perspective

Compressed perspective with my new 40-150mm.

It's a little rainy to spend much time outside, especially since the lens didn't come with a hood, but I shot this out my back window. It was actually sort of an accident - I wasn't really aiming at anything but saw this through the viewfinder and was struck by how the perspective was so compressed.

mtomko's gear list:mtomko's gear list
Nikon D90 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Michael L NYC 99
Michael L NYC 99 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,233
Re: Hawks and more

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

yyr wrote:

1st and 3rd - nice composition and a bit different from what you usually see - I like them. 2nd birdie is a bit chopped IMO I would have liked to have seen more of him. Having said that you've captured him in a good pose and his face is appealing.

I was close enough that I could zoom all that way in with my 50-200 1.4 TC combination so I wanted to see what it would look like to get a shot like that which didn't require a crop.

I agree with Michael that these are not as sharp as you might want them to be. When I look at bird pictures (which I'll admit is not often) I am amazed by the detail and sharpness.that some people manage to capture.

They were taken hand held through a window. Do you (Michael, Anyone) think it was the hand held or the window that increased the dullness of my photos?

The park I went to was great for birds but the light left something to be desired. I will see if any are worth sharing after I run this through Lightroom at home.

At the moment, I am at my sister's house waiting for slow cooked barbequed ribs to finish on the grill and Au Gratin Potatoes to finish baking in the oven. Yum!

I suspect it's camera shake more than the glass barrier. I don't have an OMD, but I think IBIS still would have trouble when shooting a long focal length hand held. Try using a monopod or better, a tripod, and see if you get better results. You also shot at base ISO. You definitely have room to increase ISO for a faster shutter.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Sony a7R II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads