+*+*+*+ You and your m43 this week +*+*+*+

Started Feb 22, 2014 | Discussions
Florida Nature Photographer Veteran Member • Posts: 8,104
Re: Public Space

yyr wrote:

I showed this first last week in reply to a question from Florida but wanted to post it again as part of the set. Also, I'm really pleased with the composition on this one.

Being a landscape nature kind of guy it is very enlightening to see that neat stuff that can be extracted from the inside of a building if you look for things. I will be looking now. I can hear it now. We're going to the mall! Why are you taking your camera?

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Re: Any given day in the last 3 weeks

herebefore wrote:

Shot from my front doorstep... just hanging out waiting for the time to go to the snow-blower. I usually wait for end of storm or sunset, whichever comes first...

Shortly after taking photo I had to go and fetch wife home from work... Snow got removed at sunset, and again in the morning.

Reminds me of a time before I moved away. I decided to wait for the end of the storm. It warmed up and started raining. It got cold again and the rain soaked snow froze solid. The next time it was warm enough for me to chisel through the mess was Christmas Day.

I'm not surprised I still remember that even though it was about 20 years ago.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Re: Some color, some b&w, some squirrels

I remember the color version of the curved walk city scape and I agree the color version is even better.

I love the first squirrel shot sticking up over the snow.

Re: Chihuli Installment at Phoenix Botanical Gardens
Re: +*+*+*+ You and your m43 this week +*+*+*+

I'm not a flower picture guy but that is a show stopper! Nice job!

Was the upside down thing an artistic decision that worked? Or was it really growing like that?

wnor wrote:

Olympus PEN E-P5, 60mm macro, tripod.

Christmas cactus, Schiumbergera bridgesil

alfredo_tomato
alfredo_tomato Veteran Member • Posts: 4,066
Re: Down by the station...

I like the simplicity of your compositions.

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +11 more

Between you and Yaelle I may never venture outdoors for photography again.

FrankS009
FrankS009 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,364
Re: Down by the station...

Thanks. I am trying to learn to make things simple and still interesting.

F.

-- hide signature --

When no-one else is there, the camera becomes my means...to say to a wider audience, "Did you see that?" David duChemin

alfredo_tomato
alfredo_tomato Veteran Member • Posts: 4,066
Third Street Stuff with my Tokina

I am very happy with the old Tokina  EL 28mm.

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +11 more
Re: Celestial Lighting of Downtown Tampa...E-M1

rickreyn wrote:

I'm trying to figure out where you were when you took that. I've had some experience with those myself...

19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,033
Re: Stormy Skies

Very nice scenes in each.  The light in the third elevates it for me above the others.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Because Yaelle loves trees...

Very nice but especially the third with the bridge framed through the opening in the branches of the willow.  I see you had some blue skies to brighten your day though!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Swans and Garda lake...

A lovely scene!  Nice detail in both the foreground and the sky and the swans don't hurt at all!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Carnival

Absolutely no shortage of colour in these!

Andrew

webservants
webservants Contributing Member • Posts: 942
Re: Hey there little fella...

Great capture. Very nice set.

-- hide signature --

blessings,
Steven

webservants's gear list:webservants's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
NCV
NCV Senior Member • Posts: 5,566
Re: Third Street Stuff with my Tokina

I like the padlocks shot very much

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus OM-D E-M5
webservants
webservants Contributing Member • Posts: 942
serenity

-- hide signature --

blessings,
Steven

webservants's gear list:webservants's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
19andrew47

I like the graphic quality and the processing you used in all of them, as well as the subject matter.  As a striking image, I like the third best, an extremely well planned and executed image for me!

Andrew

dscottsatx
dscottsatx Regular Member • Posts: 343
Prisoners.

I don't usually go to the zoo but, unlike at home, at least the models don't make weird faces when they see the camera.

Sad monkey.

Not a sad monkey.

Bird.

dscottsatx's gear list:dscottsatx's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +6 more
19andrew47
Re: Any given day in the last 3 weeks

Well I'm glad I'm not alone Larry!  Two nights ago the temperature went up above freezing, we had a winter thunderstorm and lots of rain.  Yesterday and today still above freezing slightly so there are puddles and small 'lakes' everywhere, including some basements.  The good news for me is NO SNOW TO BLOW!!!

Andrew

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads