Weekend MONOCHROME #171 |21-23 feb| Post yours!

Started Feb 21, 2014 | Photos
Ravenwing Photo
Ravenwing Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Thank you Scott. n/t
-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
LouHolland
OP LouHolland Veteran Member • Posts: 9,005
Re: Sinuous

Hi Nate,

It's the sunspot what gives it away. I thought it could be sand dunes but also snowdunes but wasn't daring enough to express that finially, but now I do Nice catch and processing. Like it.

Lou

-

Ravenwing Photo wrote:

E-5 and 12-60. Comments and criticism always welcome, thanks for looking!

-- hide signature --

Nate

LouHolland
Re: 1912

Leoshin, tanks for explaining the background of your image, I appreciate that. Do I look differently to your image now... NO, I found it already a surprising and nice image and I am touched that it has been so clear after so many years.

Lou

-

Leoshin wrote:

this photo was taken in 1912. Geographically in Western Ukraine. At that time were very popular photographic studio. Most likely, the picture was taken format camera. On a glass plate. Contact imprint. This greatly simplified if my great-grandparents. Grandfather - a priest.

LouHolland
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner.

Hi John, this is a picture of a small abandoned house? If so then it is left in beautiful condition.

If it still is occupied then it must be a small house and very poor residents that they sleep in the room where they eat and live.

Personally, I really like these telling photos.

Lou

-

John Byrne wrote:

John.

LouHolland
Re: Behind the windshield

Hi Anurag Arora and welcome to this thread,

Lovely shots and personally I like the third best were we discover an other child in the background, but they are all fine and build up in good grey tones.

Lou

illogical wrote:

Behind the Windshield

-- hide signature --

Regards
Anurag Arora
http://www.aperture.in/

Gary Blake Senior Member • Posts: 1,763
Pikerel River railway bridge

Northern Ontario railway bridge at -10C

EM5 + DZ 50-200mm, processed from raw in dramatic art filter and then converted to BW

Gary

Gary Blake's gear list:Gary Blake's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +13 more
LouHolland
Re: Something blue..

Great shot Jerry and good color choice, could be the blue hour as well.

Lou

-

J4Hug wrote:

A stormy weekend.

Luckily there was moonlight last weekend. The sea was churning and the wind was phenomenal! This was a moonlight image, tripod and live time exposure (60 secs) (sorry a coloured version also shown in Serge's Weekend scapes.

I had thought the sea would be more milky but it was a surprise with such a long exposure to see texture.

Edited in Lightroom and Nik Define 2

Looks better I think in blue rather than grey - it gives that cold touch (and it was cold!)

EM-1 and good old SHG 7-14

Blue goes with the moonlight!

-- hide signature --
LouHolland
Re: Brooklyn Bridge

Seems one of your favorite spots Dharma and I would say with reason. This one also is again one of you fine shots. Beautiful.

Lou

-

dharma108 wrote:

E5 and 12-60

LouHolland
Re: BW Threat

Hi Scott,

You color version was also a great shot and I like this one too.

Lou

-

Scott Whittemore wrote:

I posted the color version of this in the weekly C&C thread and got mixed reaction. I actually like this version a lot more because I was able to add some drama by working the color channel mixer and the WB & tint sliders and adding some minor local and global tonality adjustments. Some of those changes would have made the color version look silly, I think. All don'e in LR5/

Threat (E-5, ZD 7-14)

-- hide signature --
LouHolland
Re: They're Selling Maggie's House

That house could look wonderful when restored, it has a lot of character and standing. Maybe the front garden is smaller than I would expect for such a great estate, but I guess that has someting to do with it's position along the water side. Your processing is fine as it show the desolate state of the building is standing.

Lou

-

minniev wrote:

Here's a weird one I've worked up for a different purpose with a heavier hand than I typically do, and I'd like to know your opinions. This old house, which was a showplace in its day, sits perched precariously on the bluff over the Mississippi River in Natchez MS. The sidewalk you see is held in place with concrete underpinnings. When I used to visit the late owner, it was held up by guy wires with air under it. The house is in grave need of repair and is up for sale.

illogical
illogical Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Behind the windshield

Thank you Lou, I appreciate your comment. Posting below couple of shots of the other child

-- hide signature --

Regards
Anurag Arora
http://www.aperture.in/

illogical's gear list:illogical's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +1 more
LouHolland
Re: Pikerel River railway bridge

Gary, I can just imagine how a steam train ride on that railway bridge over river of morning vapor steaming. You have it very nicely expressed, only the sky gives me a question mark, but you might did it on purpose that way, I don't know, but it can be a result of your PP. BTW I see it now, it seems the result of the dramatic art filter in the EM5.

Lou

-

Gary Blake wrote:

Northern Ontario railway bridge at -10C

EM5 + DZ 50-200mm, processed from raw in dramatic art filter and then converted to BW

Gary

Ravenwing Photo
Ravenwing Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Thanks, Lou! n/t
-- hide signature --

Nate

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
LouHolland
Re: Bhil

Pretty brutal attitude, like it

Lou

-

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

scoffing watermelon

Brad Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 7,927
Cuban Farmer

was in Cuba three weeks ago

there were many ways to go with this image, I decided sepia, increase, decrease shadows, clarity, contrast? I think that I would play around with this for a while.

here is the color version

-- hide signature --

Brad Ross

Brad Ross's gear list:Brad Ross's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II
Leoshin
Leoshin Contributing Member • Posts: 663
like 1-st one. but 4 me color version much better. thnks4share

No text.

Leoshin's gear list:Leoshin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-500 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
J4Hug Senior Member • Posts: 1,205
Re: Cuban Farmer

This is a nice portrait Brad.

The first (Sepia) has a timeless quality to it that I prefer. The skin tones and suppressed contrast suits the subject. I would if you could suppress the wall behind cloning the distracting marks (or perhaps using a wider aperture than f8)

-- hide signature --
 J4Hug's gear list:J4Hug's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 300mm 1:2.8 +11 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,038
Early Morning

Andrew

Kiwi Bloke Contributing Member • Posts: 599
fern patterns

Brad Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 7,927
Re: Early Morning

lonely, but in a good way was my first impression, maybe isolating, is a better word, slilent winter image

-- hide signature --

Brad Ross

Brad Ross's gear list:Brad Ross's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads