Conspiracy theorists unite

Started Feb 20, 2014 | Discussions
waxwaine
waxwaine Contributing Member • Posts: 997
The good, the bad and the ugly

Very naive way of think presents mr. John_A_G, here, in the best tradition of northamerica trying to define the Goods and the Bads. Sorry if you feel considered stereotypy, but both conspirative and non conspirative theories are truth since Dpr is not a democratic public agora, but a busyness trying to survive and, why not? earn money on the ride. And they have to do what they have to do, and that's the Ugly part, for someones of course. Bussyness are busyness man. The give useful service but they doesn't work for free as well. So don't try to defend and to attack Dpr waiting for justice you will not find.

moving_comfort
moving_comfort Veteran Member • Posts: 8,231
Re: Olympus too

hanhait wrote:

I am not going to look it up, but I remember similar remarks in the Olympus forum.

The only conspiracy there was limited to the Olympus boardroom, it turns out.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
moving_comfort
moving_comfort Veteran Member • Posts: 8,231
For what we pay to be here...

emem wrote:

moving_comfort wrote:

Eli Allan wrote:

Conspiracy is the wrong word. I think people are rightfully upset, not because of brand bias but DPR seemingly being less interested in serious cameras. They're putting more and more effort into covering every entry level, point and shoot, camera phone, go pro release, and getting slower and slower with the high end of the market. Are there really people who come here on a regular basis and get exited about the latest entry level camera?

Yes - or to be more accurate, a lot of folks looking for 'reviews' of such cameras wind up here via a web search - if such review exists.

There are many, many people buying the entry-level Canons and Nikons, and so there are many potential draws to the site as a result of these people searching for reviews. Dpreview has to be mindful of that, and providing those reviews right away just makes good business sense for an entity that derives income from clicks and visits.

No mystery, certainly no conspiracy.

Absolutely not - just the good old capitalist system at work. What was probably THE best camera/photography site IN THE WHOLE WORLD is gobbled up by the big corporation and changed - away from the (relatively) informative, cutting-edge review site (of cameras) it was, towards a sophisticated marketing tool.

You're right - in fact, it cranks me up so much I'm going to ask for my subscription $ back!

Oh, wait...

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
emem
emem Veteran Member • Posts: 4,216
Re: For what we pay to be here - (the cost is intolerable) ..

moving_comfort wrote:

emem wrote:

moving_comfort wrote:

Eli Allan wrote:

Conspiracy is the wrong word. I think people are rightfully upset, not because of brand bias but DPR seemingly being less interested in serious cameras. They're putting more and more effort into covering every entry level, point and shoot, camera phone, go pro release, and getting slower and slower with the high end of the market. Are there really people who come here on a regular basis and get exited about the latest entry level camera?

Yes - or to be more accurate, a lot of folks looking for 'reviews' of such cameras wind up here via a web search - if such review exists.

There are many, many people buying the entry-level Canons and Nikons, and so there are many potential draws to the site as a result of these people searching for reviews. Dpreview has to be mindful of that, and providing those reviews right away just makes good business sense for an entity that derives income from clicks and visits.

No mystery, certainly no conspiracy.

Absolutely not - just the good old capitalist system at work. What was probably THE best camera/photography site IN THE WHOLE WORLD is gobbled up by the big corporation and changed - away from the (relatively) informative, cutting-edge review site (of cameras) it was, towards a sophisticated marketing tool.

You're right - in fact, it cranks me up so much I'm going to ask for my subscription $ back!

Oh, wait...

Oh, no point in getting cranked up - just be aware of the truth inherent in what I have written. It's a ubiquitous story now, particularly as the world is "Americanised" through film, television, IT (software programmes). Almost everything is bastardised in the name of profit and greed. And if THAT can't be accomplished through fair means, it will be done by foul.  Just be aware of it.

-- hide signature --

Mike McEnaney. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

emem's gear list:emem's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Nikon D300S Pentax K-5 IIs +12 more
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,728
Re: darn - one more

John_A_G wrote:
Jeff, no need to shout. We're all adults here.

I would not go that far ...

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Eli Allan Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: darn - one more

John you're really hung up on the semantics of the word conspiracy, which seems to me to have nothing to do with the argument here.  People in the Pentax community are accusing DPR of repeated slights and omissions, which are almost certainly unintentional, but unintended insults are still insulting.  And then you come here and insult people further for being upset by the perception that the brand they have invested in is not worth DPR's time.   Everyone here is aware that DPR does not have endless resources. The argument here is that Pentax has hit a homerun by selling the highest spec'd APS camera ever to come to market at a price that undercuts a number of M43 cameras. And the response from DPR is a collective yawn. It's not conspiracy, its condescension, and that is far more insulting.

emem
emem Veteran Member • Posts: 4,216
Bravo - you've got to the kernel of truth .....

Eli Allan wrote:

John you're really hung up on the semantics of the word conspiracy, which seems to me to have nothing to do with the argument here. People in the Pentax community are accusing DPR of repeated slights and omissions, which are almost certainly unintentional, but unintended insults are still insulting. And then you come here and insult people further for being upset by the perception that the brand they have invested in is not worth DPR's time. Everyone here is aware that DPR does not have endless resources. The argument here is that Pentax has hit a homerun by selling the highest spec'd APS camera ever to come to market at a price that undercuts a number of M43 cameras. And the response from DPR is a collective yawn. It's not conspiracy, its condescension, and that is far more insulting.

+ 25&1/2 - and concisely put.

-- hide signature --

Mike McEnaney. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

emem's gear list:emem's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Nikon D300S Pentax K-5 IIs +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads