For those who thought the Df flopped...

Started Feb 18, 2014 | Discussions
dread_tai Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: For those who thought the Df flopped...

ravduc wrote:

I have done this already but you don't seem to understand. By endorsing other people's comments you are in fact agreeing with them. You need to cool down a bit. Go take a walk.

no, actually i'm cool as a cucumber, as they say. however, when i'm mentioned, referenced, or quoted, i'll likely reply. and if misquoted, most assuredly.

u were corrected, and my point made. when u attempt to mock my ONLINE writing style, then u're grasping at straws........which i don't mind, just reinforces my point.

as i said before, enjoy your camera, i enjoy all of mine and associated gear. but u won't find me telling someone they don't own something b/c they can't afford, nor will u find me questioning anyone's "intelligence" or lack thereof based on their ownership or not.

dread_tai's gear list:dread_tai's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
ravduc
ravduc Senior Member • Posts: 2,060

OK

ravduc's gear list:ravduc's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica Digilux 3 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +20 more
WarrenInOntario Regular Member • Posts: 323
Re: The unflagging groundswell...

I totally agree Patrick. Let's all just get down to what we love - capturing our world. Thankfully manufacturers have provided us with outstanding tools to enjoy the process.

Warren

-- hide signature --
Shotcents
Shotcents Veteran Member • Posts: 4,472

dread_tai wrote:

ravduc wrote:

I have done this already but you don't seem to understand. By endorsing other people's comments you are in fact agreeing with them. You need to cool down a bit. Go take a walk.

no, actually i'm cool as a cucumber, as they say. however, when i'm mentioned, referenced, or quoted, i'll likely reply. and if misquoted, most assuredly.

u were corrected, and my point made. when u attempt to mock my ONLINE writing style, then u're grasping at straws........which i don't mind, just reinforces my point.

as i said before, enjoy your camera, i enjoy all of mine and associated gear. but u won't find me telling someone they don't own something b/c they can't afford, nor will u find me questioning anyone's "intelligence" or lack thereof based on their ownership or not.

Hilarious.

So a guy comes in and points out that Nikon says the Df is selling well.

And here come the bashers...

"Nikon is lying." and "The Df is a failure." and "Df has bad AF"

And here we go again. Then someone like you, who also doesn't own the Df, calls someone you don't know childish and immature. You're really only looking for a fight. You don't own the gear discussed and have not spent a reasonable amount of time with it, if ANY.

I can't understand why you think YOU are mature in doing that. Why exactly are you even in this thread? I'm not in the D7100 threads or the D610 threads or ANY threads where I have nothing to contribute through real experience and knowledge.

So this POSITIVE thread gets ambushed and you defend the ambush and then cry when someone takes you to the mat for it?

Yeah, that's very mature. You guys can sing all day about having money to buy this and that. I doubt it. People with money don't worry that much about value. They get what they want. They indulge without excuses and adding up features. There is some class warfare going on with the Df. It's a luxury product and a very good one. And that offends those who watch their wallets most of all.

Sour grapes, angry grapes, frustrated grapes...the anger is palpable and the reason is not the Df. These are the same types who sneer at a Porsche Boxter or a Rolex. Their are much better values in cars and watches to be sure.

I hate expensive watches (I own one, but I did not buy it!). But I'm not in the Rolex forums crying about my Cassio that does so much more than tell time.

That's why you get labeled. But the Df owners didn't start this. We're just enjoying the camera and posting about it. If you think it's okay to ambush every Df thread with repetitive negative nonsense, then enjoy. But be prepared for the kickback.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon D5300 Nikon Df +11 more
Stephan K Regular Member • Posts: 135

If Nikon had used similar clean design cues for the Df as the Fuji XT-1 or the Olympus E-M1 or E-M5, and maybe if they had not priced it so high, it would have had much better market acceptance. Is there any reason the Df should not have generated the same excitement as the XT-1?

Shotcents
Shotcents Veteran Member • Posts: 4,472

And again....

Smallest, lightest, FX DSLR with best low light ability going and best OOC results, terrific AF and fun to use for a low price....

What's not to like if you actually take pictures?

Now my D800 keeps the grip and works with zooms. The Df is the body for fast primes...truly a flashless camera 90% of the time. The Df/D800 is a perfect pair!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon D5300 Nikon Df +11 more
dgrPhotos Forum Member • Posts: 88
Re: Let me guess.

lock wrote:

You do not use the extra AF points of the D7100 because you stick to the center group of 15 cross type AF sensors, and possibly only the center 9 out of 15, which gives you an almost similar coverage compared to the 9 cross type array on a Df?

lock

Just because I posted BIF shots and was referring to them that it means I shoot nothing else.

dgrPhotos's gear list:dgrPhotos's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D7100 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +6 more
ravduc

The DF did generate excitement but it seems to have gone in two polarized directions. I have never seen anything like this before, have you?

Leica Digilux 2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica Digilux 3 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +20 more
Patrick McMahon
Patrick McMahon Senior Member • Posts: 1,253

Perhaps Stephan,

Nasim does a good job of recounting the unfounded speculation and anticipation of the DF in his review. Proposing that that may also have played a hand in it. Some have said in the comments that their frustration is really directed at Nikon for giving them a Df when they want successors to the D700 and D300s.

I for my part have stepped away from engaging in the "shutter dial controversy" debate. I respect the positions taken on the subject and see no benefit from further discussion. If it were changed it would mean much less to me than it would to those who want it changed. As such I welcome it.

My sentiment is that the Df is a good thing for us all. It has been 3 months, we should no longer be hung up on what the camera could have been or should have been. Instead lets focus on the good things the camera delivered.

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +5 more

Shotcents wrote:

dread_tai wrote:

ravduc wrote:

u were corrected, and my point made. when u attempt to mock my ONLINE writing style, then u're grasping at straws........which i don't mind, just reinforces my point.

Hilarious.

So a guy comes in and points out that Nikon says the Df is selling well.

And here come the bashers...

"Nikon is lying." and "The Df is a failure." and "Df has bad AF"

And here we go again. Then someone like you, who also doesn't own the Df, calls someone you don't know childish and immature. You're really only looking for a fight. You don't own the gear discussed and have not spent a reasonable amount of time with it, if ANY.

I can't understand why you think YOU are mature in doing that. Why exactly are you even in this thread? I'm not in the D7100 threads or the D610 threads or ANY threads where I have nothing to contribute through real experience and knowledge.

So this POSITIVE thread gets ambushed and you defend the ambush and then cry when someone takes you to the mat for it?

Yeah, that's very mature. You guys can sing all day about having money to buy this and that. I doubt it. People with money don't worry that much about value. They get what they want. They indulge without excuses and adding up features. There is some class warfare going on with the Df. It's a luxury product and a very good one. And that offends those who watch their wallets most of all.

Sour grapes, angry grapes, frustrated grapes...the anger is palpable and the reason is not the Df. These are the same types who sneer at a Porsche Boxter or a Rolex. Their are much better values in cars and watches to be sure.

I hate expensive watches (I own one, but I did not buy it!). But I'm not in the Rolex forums crying about my Cassio that does so much more than tell time.

That's why you get labeled. But the Df owners didn't start this. We're just enjoying the camera and posting about it. If you think it's okay to ambush every Df thread with repetitive negative nonsense, then enjoy. But be prepared for the kickback.

Robert

lil one......u don't want a row with me, trust.

the comments WERE childish and immature, and have nothing to do with the merits (or lack thereof) with the camera. i criticised the COMMENTS, and not the camera. that's where your pea-sized brain fails u. i don't have the camera, therefore don't comment on the merits of the camera. but i'm fully within my rights as a forum member to comment on what others say in a forum. IF i was looking for a "fight", i would have named u a LONG time ago.......u are a "loon", but u are not MY loon, but your family's and close associates'. i typically laugh at your posts, but RARELY actually comment on them. u, sir, are a PRIME example of immaturity on this site, and sans getting into the history of your "multiple personalities" here (and elsewhere), i tend to leave trolls alone. for every post of mine on this site, u have likeky a hundred.

"I" don't get labeled as ANYTHING, try as u might. if i were of the same maturity level as u, i'd likely begin this with "i know what i am, but what are u?" and proceed to check u at every instance. but i'm not, and so i won't.

i have an MD, and use photography as a creative outlet. i'm confident i likely "have a larger wallet et al" than u. unlike u, i have NO NEED to continually belabour whatever it is i do for a living. oddly enough, i doubt i could ever in any life, foresee myself  bragging about being a "jewelry photographer", but hey, we all have to have our aspirations, right? but money, as i have been stating all along, is not the limiting factor for me, and likely not the case for many others. it has been U, who has criticised others and a supposed inability to afford this camera as their prime reason for not buying it.

as i said to the other gentleman, when u can post examples of where i have ever slighted your beloved trinket, please do share.........copy and paste to your lil heart's delight. but u can't, so u won't. the "anger" u call palpable is only trumped by the sheer annoyance and frustration at witnessing post after post after post, thread after thread after thread created by u, or some assumed monikor.

i tend not to make things personal on forums, certainly not gear-forums. so i'll let this be my last post directed towards u and NOT discussing gear. i would urge the same courtesy from u........i'm done.

Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Iliah Borg Forum Pro • Posts: 22,466
Oh-oh

that's where your pea-sized brain fails u

are u in a position to state who is using "intelligence" and who is not?

-- hide signature --
Re: Oh-oh

Iliah Borg wrote:

-- hide signature --

oh, lil ilah.....try as u might, u still fail.

u're the lil engine that could?

no.

ravduc

Finally! We get to see you're real face. My God, and you thought my comments were childish?

dread_tai wrote:

Iliah Borg wrote:

Thing is, it is not a for you to decide who fails. It is not a competition, and if it would be - somebody who takes part in it can't judge it. But others do. So let them

-- hide signature --

ravduc wrote:

Finally! We get to see you're real face. My God, and you thought my comments were childish?

ummm, what are u screaming about over there?

exactly what u are saying?

i thought u were finished, no?

what's next, u gonna pass a note?

"you're (sic) face"? yes, u are saying what?

ravduc

I think you need to take another walk.

Iliah Borg wrote:

dread_tai wrote:

Iliah Borg wrote:

Thing is, it is not a for you to decide who fails. It is not a competition, and if it would be - somebody who takes part in it can't judge it. But others do. So let them

-- hide signature --

*lol* u are making me feel like i need to light a spliff to understand what u are saying over there......does one need to be under the influence to translate?

IF someone incorrectly misconstrues my remarks as criticising a camera instead of the comments made, then yes, they are exhibiting the intelligence of someone with a brain the size of a pea. that would be correct, sir.

they are exhibiting the intelligence of someone with a brain the size of a pea.

Classy

-- hide signature --

ravduc wrote:

I think you need to take another walk.

i would suggest u do as i just did, and simply place on "ignore"......never utilised this feature, but i s'pose it has its uses.

ravduc

+1

I was thinking the same..........

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads