NEW Fujifilm Camera!

Started Feb 17, 2014 | Discussions
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 20,939
Re: NEW Fujifilm Camera!

Hard to tell how far the light-piping may have gone.  Post the results.

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Graham Hill wrote:

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Congrats - lovely pair!

You have to try the 120 Velvia 50 - just shines - head and shoulders my favorite film from Fuji

I did shoot a roll of Velvia 50 while in the US, but tragedy struck as you can see below. I'm still going to get it processed but I do expect problems.

Mmmm, probably some light damage along that edge - sorry to see that

Worth getting it developed though as you say

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
Robert Garcia NYC Senior Member • Posts: 2,091

very cool!!

zakk9 Senior Member • Posts: 1,196

ryan2007 wrote:

Still shooting Analog, why?

Some of us shoot film because our brains aren't as developed as yours, so we haven't been able to see the vast advantages of using digital cameras. When I grow up, I would of course like to become like you, and own a flashy, new digital devise, enabling me to take part in the technical revolution. Unfortunately, I doubt that my skills will ever make me worthy. Luckily, there's still some film left in my fridge.

-- hide signature --

Jorgen, my name is Jorgen

trueview Regular Member • Posts: 193

ryan2007 wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

MrChristopher wrote:

Very cool. What films do you use?
--
http://chriscurnutt.tumblr.com/

I use Lexar, its one type of media that you get more than the typical 4 images in this format.

6x7 allows for either 10 or 20 shots a roll. Maybe you have some reading up to do before you try sarcasm again.

Does not matter by the time you take 10 or 20 shots, focus, advance the film short of a fast moving landscape the moment has passed.

Bazinga

Which is why film photgraphers failed at capturing the decisive moment, leaving insignificant work in terms of documentary photography. This applies of course to Henri Cartier Bresson, Brassai, Doisneau, Willy Ronis, Robert Capa, Depardon, Koudelka, Kertezc, Stettner, Alfred Stieglitz, etc.

57LowRider Veteran Member • Posts: 3,997

Ooooh, I wanted one of those (I think it was after the Steve Huff review), just a few hundred more than I wanted to pay. One day, though...

Congrats!

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +11 more
klownshed Contributing Member • Posts: 624

Very nice indeed. I've no doubt you'll enjoy running many rolls of film through it

klownshed Contributing Member • Posts: 624

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Congrats - lovely pair!

You have to try the 120 Velvia 50 - just shines - head and shoulders my favorite film from Fuji

Acros is my favourite Fuji film.

beckmarc Regular Member • Posts: 140

I love my GF670 (actually I have the voigtlander version but same camera).  It has become my favourite camera.  I am keen on the 670W but it is quite expensive.  I love my XE1 and i want to get an XT1 but film is different and fun in its own way.  For me I shoot both film and digital. Variety is the spice of life!  I hope one day they make a medium format digital range finder - that would be awesome.

OP Graham Hill Senior Member • Posts: 1,355

trueview wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

MrChristopher wrote:

--

I use Lexar, its one type of media that you get more than the typical 4 images in this format.

6x7 allows for either 10 or 20 shots a roll. Maybe you have some reading up to do before you try sarcasm again.

Does not matter by the time you take 10 or 20 shots, focus, advance the film short of a fast moving landscape the moment has passed.

Bazinga

Which is why film photgraphers failed at capturing the decisive moment, leaving insignificant work in terms of documentary photography. This applies of course to Henri Cartier Bresson, Brassai, Doisneau, Willy Ronis, Robert Capa, Depardon, Koudelka, Kertezc, Stettner, Alfred Stieglitz, etc.

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Well played sir, well played.

klownshed wrote:

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Congrats - lovely pair!

Acros is my favorite too, with Reala 100 (R.I.P.) a close second.

kodachromeguy Contributing Member • Posts: 835
Re: NEW Fujifilm - FILM

Good for you! I do the same periodically, but after a vigorous cleaning of all walls and surfaces to clean off dust.  And I am still using 120-size Panatomic-X, frozen for many years, but still perfect.

-- hide signature --

The Kodachromeguy

kodachromeguy Contributing Member • Posts: 835
Re: asking why use film??

Wow, will you next ask why some people take black and white photographs?

-- hide signature --

The Kodachromeguy

Iceman1973 wrote:

Hi Graham,

That is a fine piece of kit you've got. Congratulations. I'm sure you will cherish great memories with the pics you take with it. I've not been a photographer for too long, I started with the digital medium, then moved to film. I could not stick to film consistently as it's a bit inconvenient. I do not develop myself, and do not have the time nor resources to do so. Therefore sending the film to lab for development, and getting it scanned.... it all adds up. But I love the look of film, the whole process of thinking through and timing the shot as every frame is important... it's wonderful and liberating.

I started with 35mm then tried 120mm on the cheap, ie a lubitel 166, then a bronica....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfotografi/sets/72157634747922925/

http://flic.kr/p/fqCaJm

http://flic.kr/p/fqnTre

http://flic.kr/p/fqC7sU

There are times of the year when I lock all my digital cameras away (this is when Grey Britain collides with a bit of great weather) and chersh some great moments of photography.

Enjoy your kit and I hope you share some results.

Best regards
Anand

Thanks Iceman.  Great pics you posted there.  Very fine.

Graham Hill wrote:

trueview wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

MrChristopher wrote:

--

Bazinga

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Well played sir, well played.

Couldn't resist .

Graham Hill wrote:

klownshed wrote:

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Congrats - lovely pair!

Aah! Reala, I'm still morning this one. As for Acros, anyone using it should treat themselves to stand development. It delivers stunning tones with one hour stand in rodinal 1+100.

(the gray line across the picture is due to a defective scanner)

Truly gorgeous shots!

The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 20,939

trueview wrote:

Graham Hill wrote:

klownshed wrote:

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Congrats - lovely pair!

Aah! Reala, I'm still morning this one. As for Acros, anyone using it should treat themselves to stand development. It delivers stunning tones with one hour stand in rodinal 1+100.

(the gray line across the picture is due to a defective scanner)

Beautiful.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
DenWil
DenWil Veteran Member • Posts: 3,520
67 is my preferred aspect ratio.

Graham Hill wrote:

Just arriving back home after a 2 week trip to the USA, I added yet another Fujifilm camera to my family of 11. Now with 12 Fujifilm cameras in-house, perhaps some will finally be convinced that I do not hate and despite all things Fujifilm.

I enjoy my GF670W so much that I added the sister camera (seen below on the left), the GF670 folder to the mix. What a great camera, medium format quality that fits in a jacket pocket.

A **VERY** special thanks to Billy Inya!! Without him, this simply would NEVER have been possible!!

Not a Pentax but my Pentax won't fit in a car coat pocket.

The only shortcoming of this camera's design has been described as the occasional bellows sticking during the single side opening.  There are events- Coachella for example-  which will allow you to shoot with this camera creating relatively massive originals  while they deny interchangeable  little digital crop things. Have fun with these.

-- hide signature --

denniswilliams

Charles2 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,367

bavarius6 wrote:

Can you show me a sensor that can be overexposed by 5 stops before it loses detail or alternatively a B&W film that only contains 256 shades of grey?

Is there an eye that distinguishes more than 256 shades of gray? I looked at a 256-square gray-scale image and could not distinguish 255 boundaries from one square to the next.

Film grain is different than discrete pixel bins in a sensor, no argument about that.

Dave and Graham,

Many thanks to both of you for the nice compliments !

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads