Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

Started Feb 11, 2014 | Discussions
_pete_ Junior Member • Posts: 39
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

MrChristopher wrote:

On an unrelated topic, I read a review of the ex 2 and the writer was not terribly impressed yet his images were some of the best I've seen. I wanted to write him and say dude did you even look at the photos you took and posted?? They were fabulous. He clearly knows photography but IQ doesn't seem to be his bottom line.

Sounds familiar! This one? http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/10/18/review-the-2013-fujifilm-x-e2/

ScottD1964 Senior Member • Posts: 1,899
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

dobbs-rb wrote:

The Fujifilm X-T1 sample images as posted in dpreview image looks very bad- that is to say very poor. A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1.

Where am I missing the boat?

Cheers, Ray N4RQN

What exactly is your point other than the quite obvious one on the top of your head?  Have you actually tried the X-T1 to compare it with your 1st gen cell phone?  Who knows, if you are that adept at photography to be able to make that statement then your results with the X-T1, given its actual capabilities, should be masterpiece worthy.

On the other hand I could give a $10000 Leica set up or a $40000 Phase One set up to someone who has no idea what they're doing and wind up with images that are worse than your 1st gen cell phone.  Does it mean that they are no good or that I should be judging quality on their results only?  I think not.

Have you even looked at other images on other sites taken with this camera or are you basing your statement off the images on DPReview only?  If so, why?

People who post outlandish comments simply to encite negative feedback and replies or get readers riled up are known as Trolls. Unless proven otherwise I would like to nominate your post for "Troll of the Week".

I'm going to break out my 2004 Moto Razr and start shooting.

scott

 ScottD1964's gear list:ScottD1964's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +3 more
fuji P
fuji P Regular Member • Posts: 231
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

Have a look at Fuji`s website for sample shots.

I think they are a little better than a smartphone!!

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uploads/tx_fujifilmproducts/samples/ff_x_t1_010_09.JPG

 fuji P's gear list:fuji P's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
John Gellings Veteran Member • Posts: 4,419
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

I love when people expect magic directly from the camera... it's even funnier when people let "test" images help them decide if they should buy or not.  All of these cameras are capable of great IQ.  Ity's what you do with it and how you post process that matters.

 John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +4 more
bladerunner912 New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges
1

Good grief...

If you are intent on posting such troll-like drivel, at least put some flair and effort into it.

 bladerunner912's gear list:bladerunner912's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
khunfred Regular Member • Posts: 320
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

dobbs-rb wrote:

The Fujifilm X-T1 sample images as posted in dpreview image looks very bad- that is to say very poor. A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1.

Where am I missing the boat?

Cheers, Ray N4RQN

I often feel the same when I look at DP review sample images. Fuji or any other brand, it doesn't make a difference. And it's often the same on most of the others well-known websites. This is a "technics" site, not an "arty" site. If you see what I mean.

John Motts Veteran Member • Posts: 5,535
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges
1

Vinylly wrote:

I didn't know Fuji X-T1 did 'imagges'.

Just use your imaggination.

bowportes Veteran Member • Posts: 3,514
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

Sal Baker wrote:

dobbs-rb wrote:

Dorkington wrote:

dobbs-rb wrote:

A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1.

Welp. Looks like Fuji should just cancel releasing it.

I was set to buy the Fujifilm XE-2. I really like the new focus system on the E2. The X-T1 auto focus system should be better (and probably is better).

Regards Ray N4RQN

Exactly the same as the X-E2 except tracking AF is faster with X-T1.

Sal

I think that's the definition of "better."

 bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +13 more
OP dobbs-rb Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

fuji P wrote:

Have a look at Fuji`s website for sample shots.

I think they are a little better than a smartphone!!

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uploads/tx_fujifilmproducts/samples/ff_x_t1_010_09.JPG

the issue is dpreview site not fuji.

OP dobbs-rb Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

bladerunner912 wrote:

Good grief...

If you are intent on posting such troll-like drivel, at least put some flair and effort into it.

please don't tell me those photo's are good. if so, kudos to dpreview in hitting their target market.

bless you child - things will get bettor.

cheers ray

OP dobbs-rb Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

khunfred wrote:

dobbs-rb wrote:

The Fujifilm X-T1 sample images as posted in dpreview image looks very bad- that is to say very poor. A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1.

Where am I missing the boat?

Cheers, Ray N4RQN

I often feel the same when I look at DP review sample images. Fuji or any other brand, it doesn't make a difference. And it's often the same on most of the others well-known websites. This is a "technics" site, not an "arty" site. If you see what I mean.

thanks very much.your commet address the why the review samples are bad.  i am only noting that are bad.

cheers ray

OP dobbs-rb Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

John Motts wrote:

Vinylly wrote:

I didn't know Fuji X-T1 did 'imagges'.

Just use your imaggination.

touche

bladerunner912 New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

I think your statement

"A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1."

is where you are inviting ridicule.

You are asking us to agree with you that the technical image quality, of a device introduced 14 years ago, surpasses that of a newly introduced APS-C camera with a range of high quality dedicated lenses.

I doubt many will agree with you on this point I'm afraid.

Or are you making a clumsy critique on the creative merits of the sample photographs?

 bladerunner912's gear list:bladerunner912's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
JakeB Contributing Member • Posts: 855
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges
1

dobbs-rb wrote:

The Fujifilm X-T1 sample images as posted in dpreview image looks very bad- that is to say very poor. A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1.

Where am I missing the boat?

Cheers, Ray N4RQN

What you really mean is you don't like the images themselves.

When you see what a talented photographer can do with this camera, or indeed any camera, you'll want to buy it in the mistaken belief that you can produce similar images.

Then you'll be back to blaming the camera.

 JakeB's gear list:JakeB's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
OP dobbs-rb Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

Aethon wrote:

dobbs-rb wrote:

A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1.

This may not be the absolute bestway to get people on the forum to help you with your question.

probably not.

There are many, many threads on this if you want to go and find them. In brief, as I understand it, DPR uses Lightroom as its default RAW processor, which coincidentally does a terrible job on Fujifilm X-Series files. Other RAW processors produce files that are just as good as those from any other modern 16Mb sensor (some claim better, some worse - there's not much in it really).

point taken. my only issue is the sample images are bad. judge judy wrote a book about peeing down one's  back and trying to convince one it is raining

Assuming you're not trolling, you can go as deep into this question as you like if you search the forum for terms such as "ninja" and "iridient".

not interested in why publish bad sample images . only in the fact they do. why publish bad samples that a retarded child can recognise as being poor. why should a photo site publish  poor samples of a product they are trying to sell.

cheers ray

Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 10,694
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

bowportes wrote:

Sal Baker wrote:

dobbs-rb wrote:

Dorkington wrote:

dobbs-rb wrote:

A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1.

Welp. Looks like Fuji should just cancel releasing it.

I was set to buy the Fujifilm XE-2. I really like the new focus system on the E2. The X-T1 auto focus system should be better (and probably is better).

Regards Ray N4RQN

Exactly the same as the X-E2 except tracking AF is faster with X-T1.

Sal

I think that's the definition of "better."

Just pointing out that one-shot AF is identical, only tracking AF is faster. If someone doesn't need or use 8fps tracking bursts, there will be no difference (if Fuji's specs are accurate.)

Sal

 Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
bowportes Veteran Member • Posts: 3,514
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

Sal Baker wrote:

bowportes wrote:

Sal Baker wrote:

dobbs-rb wrote:

Dorkington wrote:

dobbs-rb wrote:

A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1.

Welp. Looks like Fuji should just cancel releasing it.

I was set to buy the Fujifilm XE-2. I really like the new focus system on the E2. The X-T1 auto focus system should be better (and probably is better).

Regards Ray N4RQN

Exactly the same as the X-E2 except tracking AF is faster with X-T1.

Sal

I think that's the definition of "better."

Just pointing out that one-shot AF is identical, only tracking AF is faster. If someone doesn't need or use 8fps tracking bursts, there will be no difference (if Fuji's specs are accurate.)

Sal

And that the algorithms allegedly incorporate a "predictive" component to achieve this.

The reality is that none of us really know yet, other than to read the specs.

Some (generally those who have recently acquired X-E2s) want to minimize the improvements. Others go the other way.  My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so the greatly improved EVF makes a difference to me. I also like the addition of the ISO dial, weather-proofing, more customizable Fn buttons, and last but not least, the tilting screen (which is something I used all the time on my Panny cameras to get a child's-eye or pet's-eye view of the world.

It's clearly not just an E2 with a different skin.  Each model improves what was before.  The main thing that hasn't changed is image quality, which was, and is, excellent on all of these models.

 bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +13 more
Pritzl Senior Member • Posts: 1,326
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

bladerunner912 wrote:

Good grief...

If you are intent on posting such troll-like drivel, at least put some flair and effort into it.

If the fish are biting the naked hook any way, why waste bait? 

 Pritzl's gear list:Pritzl's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 70D Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +8 more
OP dobbs-rb Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

bladerunner912 wrote:

I think your statement

"A first generation cell phone images are about as good Fujifilm X-T1."

is where you are inviting ridicule.

You are asking us to agree with you that the technical image quality, of a device introduced 14 years ago, surpasses that of a newly introduced APS-C camera with a range of high quality dedicated lenses.

I doubt many will agree with you on this point I'm afraid.

Or are you making a clumsy critique on the creative merits of the sample photographs?

greetings, i am only addressing that imho the samle images of a 2k camera as shown by dpreview are very poor. i am interested as to why they do that.

i think that is a fair question

regards ray

Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 7,659
Re: Fujifilm X-T1 poor sample imagges

I took a look at a few of them at "original" size.  I did see evidence for slight oversharpening as well as camera motion in one shot.

Is one of them in particular especially bad?

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

 Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X30 Sigma sd Quattro +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads